R-W'ers.."We have all the political power"....but, we blame Dems.

The House can pass it, but not the Senate, and both are required.

So, where the fuck is that passed House plan on the CR being held up in the Senate??
We're talking potentialities here, as you know. But even if every miserable Republican in the Senate voted for the CR, my point is that it would not pass without some Democrats' approval. Hopefully enough Democrats don't want the stigma of shutting down the government on their shoulders. I am pretty left-ly aligned when it comes to immigration, but I am completely opposed to shutting down the government over it. As I said before, DACA is popular enough a concept that legislation to allow them to become citizens can happen APART from the budget.

I fully DISAGREE........Ultra right wingers "advising" the uninformed and incompetent Trump have convinced him that any deal on DACA will be interpreted as "amnesty."

Ergo, if Dems. want a DACA deal they best stick to denying yet another CR......sure, shoulder some of the blame for a shutdown, but win both on moral and political grounds for the Hispanic community.
Is it "moral" for the far left to shut down the government when they are refusing to take steps to ensure that DACA recipients are not a never ending problem? Illegal immigration must be dealt with, and while I think fencing is only one part of a many step solution, it certainly makes sense to erect physical barriers in places where illegals are simply walking across on a daily basis. All the drones in the world won't stop that as simply and effectively as a fence. I think you guys need to give a little.

This isnt just one party holding us up, guys..
That's true, but Dems are pulling the trigger this time.
Why just them? They have enough repubs to not even need them...
? No they don't--not in the Senate. They need 10 Dems to get 60 votes. The House can pass it, but not the Senate, and both are required.
Thats a "cloture" vote to break the filibuster. 60% is "self inflicted"...
IIRC
60% is inflicted to ensure that more than half the people in this country are represented in an important piece of legislation. Otherwise you have a see saw, which is pretty much what is now happening since they went to the simple majority for a lot of legislation. One party gets a majority--it's just what they want. The other party gets the majority for a few years and it's all reversal of what the party enacted before. The country goes back and forth instead of forward. I don't agree with the 51% for any decisions.
The 60% is a partisan legislation tactic to hold up said legislation. It is not standard. 51% is.
If we wanted to JUST blame the dems, they could vote it and let them filibuster it. But that wont happen. Its both their faults. Which, thats usually the way it is.. THAT is standard LOL

That's true, but Dems are pulling the trigger this time.
? No they don't--not in the Senate. They need 10 Dems to get 60 votes. The House can pass it, but not the Senate, and both are required.
IIRC
60% is inflicted to ensure that more than half the people in this country are represented in an important piece of legislation. Otherwise you have a see saw, which is pretty much what is now happening since they went to the simple majority for a lot of legislation. One party gets a majority--it's just what they want. The other party gets the majority for a few years and it's all reversal of what the party enacted before. The country goes back and forth instead of forward. I don't agree with the 51% for any decisions.
The 60% is a partisan legislation tactic to hold up said legislation. It is not standard. 51% is.
If we wanted to JUST blame the dems, they could vote it and let them filibuster it. But that wont happen. Its both their faults. Which, thats usually the way it is.. THAT is standard LOL
The 60% is a partisan legislation tactic
No, it's bipartisan insurance. Sorry you don't like the numbers right now.
And I don't think I said one party was to blame for that, did I?

IIRC
"bipartisan insurance" LOL
You believe it.

IIRC
You believe it.
It's true and I do believe it because I'm not as saturated in partisan bullshit as you are.

Morons....starting with the moron-in-chief.......like to flaunt that every segment of government is firmly under republican control..."We have ALL the political power" is the often voiced mantra by right wingers.....

......EXCEPT, of course, when it comes to taking responsibility for what that political power results in........then, these same right wingers revert to "blaming" democrats for their own failures....

If a government shut down occurs..........then right wingers (and Trump) will revert to blaming democrats.

If the Mueller investigation gets too close to the oval office......then right wingers will blame those democrats with their MSM puppets.

If the orange charlatan's agenda and demagoguery gets stuck when faced with fiscal realities........then right wingers will point the finger of blame on those pesky democrats.

Comparing this administration and its supporters to a 4th grade class' antics, is probably an "insult" to 4th graders.

Wrong, to have "all the political power" at the federal level they would need 61 reliable Senators and 5 of 9 Justices to be reliably conservative.

Does this clown ever start a thread that isn't a big fat lie?

IIRC
You believe it.
It's true and I do believe it because I'm not as saturated in partisan bullshit as you are.
Who needs 51% vote when partisans not getting their way can invoke a filibuster?
Thats the way it should be! I mean, its not because it has been used 10X as much in the past 20 years or anything. You know, when partisanship really set off...

Like it or not, this CR vote is a PREAMBLE of the 2018 midterms.

For democrats, fighting for the DACA resolution is a political calculation that cannot be under-stated.

You believe it.
Who needs 51% vote when partisans not getting their way can invoke a filibuster?
Thats the way it should be! I mean, its not because it has been used 10X as much in the past 20 years or anything. You know, when partisanship really set off...
I'm not even able to follow that reasoning. But the way it's working isn't working.

You believe it.
I'm not even able to follow that reasoning. But the way it's working isn't working.
The way its working IS the filibuster. Holy shit!!
550px-US_Senate_cloture_since_1917.png

They even made it to where they can filibuster senate rule changes OL... smh
That has ALWAYS been a simple majority vote.
A determined minority can completely fuck shit up.

Forum List

Back