Raider to suspend Antonio Brown after non physical confrontation with GM

Gruden wastes another talent

Belechick will win another Super Bowl

Not so fast. Brady wasn’t that good last year. A lot of teams got better. Now the Pats have to rely on Gordon and Brown to play a big role? I smell disaster looming.
Yea...Brady only won another Super Bowl

What ever will we do without Gronkowski?
Brown will do just fine

NE may be the only place that could get some mileage out of him at this point. Adult management that won’t allow the shenanigans. We’ll see

That adult management didn’t help with Gordon. AB is a loose cannon, and he will sink the Pats’ ship.

Randy Moss didn’t sink it.
Junior Seau didn’t sink it.
Tim Tebow didn’t sink it.
Michael Bennett didn’t sink it.
Ochocinco didn’t sink it.

Brown is probably not going to do much there but if he is going to be successful anywhere…I think NE may be the best environment for him. You can’t lean on this guy to support you no matter what like other team mates. The good news is that they have both great players who are also great professionals that can be leaned on.

Gruden wastes another talent

Belechick will win another Super Bowl

Not so fast. Brady wasn’t that good last year. A lot of teams got better. Now the Pats have to rely on Gordon and Brown to play a big role? I smell disaster looming.
Yea...Brady only won another Super Bowl

What ever will we do without Gronkowski?
Brown will do just fine

They played bad teams in the playoffs last year and their defense was lights out in their playoff run. Brady didn’t carry them to a Super Bowl. The offense wasn’t that great last year. How soon before Josh Gordon gets suspended again? Maybe gets kicked out of the league for good this time. When does AB start acting up again? They also lost their pro bowl center David Andrews. This is a desperate move, and it won’t work.

NE may be the only place that could get some mileage out of him at this point. Adult management that won’t allow the shenanigans. We’ll see

That adult management didn’t help with Gordon. AB is a loose cannon, and he will sink the Pats’ ship.

Brown is probably not going to do much there but if he is going to be successful anywhere…I think NE may be the best environment for him. You can’t lean on this guy to support you no matter what like other team mates. The good news is that they have both great players who are also great professionals that can be leaned on.

My prediction is AB gets cut by week 4. Book it!

AB to the Patriots is a very interesting situation for everyone:

AB gets $10 Million guaranteed, a chance to play for a perennial powerhouse and potentially rub the faces of both the Steelers and Raiders in the dirt come playoff time. The one year deal also allows him to turn that potential success into monster money next year.

The Patriots get the big downfield threat their roster was missing for relatively short money with the opportunity to cut him lose if he screws up or just let him walk at the end of the season if he’s nothing special for them.

The downsides are that the New England offense is predicated on the WR and QB being in the same page and reading the defense the same way. A lot of very talented WRs have not been able to do thst over the years. Brady doesn’t take well to guys zigging when they were supposed to zag. For AB, the Pats might be the last chance to redeem himself before he ends up retired by disinterest from other teams.

Brady knows how to use his receivers

Antonio Brown is a jerk, so was Randy Moss

Brady will hit him when he is open

Don't underestimate the connection. NE plays right into Brown's vanity. Brown plays right into Belechick's need for a superstar receiver. Belechick will control Brown, Brown will settle down, and he will be the perfect receiver to pull in all those great Brady passes.

This is the third time in a few years that Belechick has capitalized on a superstar that Steeler's Tomlin just could not manage properly.

My prediction is AB gets cut by week 4. Book it!

I don’t think it’s going to end well for AB and week 4 sounds about right.

Brady knows how to use his receivers

Antonio Brown is a jerk, so was Randy Moss

Brady will hit him when he is open

True.

Don't underestimate the connection. NE plays right into Brown's vanity. Brown plays right into Belechick's need for a superstar receiver. Belechick will control Brown, Brown will settle down, and he will be the perfect receiver to pull in all those great Brady passes.

This is the third time in a few years that Belechick has capitalized on a superstar that Steeler's Tomlin just could not manage properly.

Hope so. But I doubt it.

The question for NE going into the season was....Who will be their Go To receiver now that Gronk has retired?

Now we know

The question for NE going into the season was....Who will be their Go To receiver now that Gronk has retired?

Now we know

Do we? How many big name receivers have been in NE and not been able to get in the same page as/read defenses the same way as Tom Brady?

Quite a few.

Now we know

Do we? How many big name receivers have been in NE and not been able to get in the same page as/read defenses the same way as Tom Brady?

Quite a few.
Name some of the quality of Antonio Brown

I’m talking about mental capabilities more than physical. The list of high priced or highly touted WRs who have failed in New England is pretty long. Even WRs who were quite bright failed to adapt themselves to The Patriots Way. Not being a Pats fan myself, the names are largely irrelevant to me.

Considering the last 14 months, I’m not sure I’d be defending Brown’s mental capabilities.

I’m talking about mental capabilities more than physical. The list of high priced or highly touted WRs who have failed in New England is pretty long. Even WRs who were quite bright failed to adapt themselves to The Patriots Way. Not being a Pats fan myself, the names are largely irrelevant to me.

Considering the last 14 months, I’m not sure I’d be defending Brown’s mental capabilities.

Brown was quite successful in Pittsburgh. One of the top three receivers in the NFL. His mental capabilities never came into question

Brown was quite successful in Pittsburgh. One of the top three receivers in the NFL. His mental capabilities never came into question

I will not claim to be an expert on the Steelers offense, but I don’t remember hearing receivers complain as much about what the offense requires as they do in New England. Mostly in terms of reading defenses and getting on the same page as the quarterback.

I’m not saying Brown can’t or won’t thrice in New England. I’m simply reminding people that a lot of quality receivers have been frustrated by the complexity of the route audibles and check-with-me’s thst make up a large part of the Patriots passing offense.

When a player is confounded and unable to deal with changing his helmet and paying fines which he should have expected, I just tend to wonder if they have the mentality to succeed in that environment in Bew England. Never mind his mouth and social media game.

Why would Tim Tebow be on your list?

Why would Tim Tebow be on your list?

The distraction factor

The NFL has to get rid of a small percentage of players. Then we can watch this sport again. Our nation is fractured because of the media/entertainers/corrupted judges and this is disgraceful.
NONSENSE. The media certainly stokes the divisions but a handful of asshats kneeling before a game has absolutely ZERO impact on the game.

Forum List

Back