Rams go from laughingstock to contenders in one year.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
this very informative article right here says it all.:thup: that other fraud team that says they play in LA and says there is a fight for LA? seriously?:lmao: :rofl:maybe in fairy tales.:haha:

How the Rams Went From Laughingstock to Contenders

This surprises a lot of people here no doubt.All I remember hearing last year from many posters here was how the Rams had shitty ownership,,how Goff did not belong in the NFL,that they have been losers forever for several years now ,blah blah blah blah,.

Granted I myself did not think they would be great like this,not THIS year,not for a second. I am extremely pleasantly surprised they are doing as well as they are.However I would not have been surprised in the least had what is taking place with them now had happened next season. Remember i said MANY times the last three years that once the Rams got to LA,Kroneke would get get serious about winning.:D

I figured before the season started, they were one more year away at the earliest of having their first winning season in over a decade. I figured that Goff was still too fresh out of college and still too young to grasp the speed of the game at the NFL level which he struggled with so many times last year. Even Peyton Manning and John Elway were terrible their first full season in the NFL.

So I figured now that Fisher was finally gone and Goff had an offensive minded coach in Mcvey to work with,that this season he would struggle again coming out of the gate. That he was still getting used to the speed of the game and in the first half he would struggle and as the second half came along,his quarterback play would improve and he would come on strong but they would be finding their identity with a new coach and maybe NEXT year they would be the scoring machine that they are now. I figured eventually they would be great being back in LA again,just not this year,that it would be one more season before we saw the fireworks on the field with that offense we are seeing this year.:)

Had they had another losing season this year as i was thinking they would going into the season, I would have thought nothing of it.I would be thinking this was Goffs first full season.He still hasnt caught up to the speed of the game yet.Having one full season under him and being used to his new coach now and after the way he came on strong in the second half last year,I wont be surprised in the least if they have their first winning season this year is the thoughts i was thinking i was going to have going into next year.

Its pretty fun to crow now after so many people here said they had a shitty owner and would continue their losing ways in LA only to have to eat shit once again same as they had to when they insisted the Rams were never coming back to LA.:rofl::haha::lmao:

Like I said,I tried MANY times explaining it to people around here last year and the prior years before that,that once the Rams got to LA,Kroneke would get serious about winning.I never once said they would be immediate contenders this first season,yet thats what a few trolls around here were obsessed over even though i said many times it would probably be a few years before they were winners again.:rolleyes:

It did not take a genius to know that Kroneke once he was in LA,would get serious about wanting to win.that he did not want to win in stank louis.:rolleyes:

folks here dont get it that Kroneke did the same exact same thing that the evil bitch slut owner Georgia Frontiere did when the showgirl moved them from LA to her hometown in stank louis. the fans in LA BEGGED her to sell the team.they hated her for trading away eric dickerson,toby harrah,kevin greene and all their great players making them a terrible team in the process. so they stopped showing up for games they hated her so much. was not a smart move because she got what she wanted,she was able to claim to the owners she had bad fan support so she could move them to stank louis.:mad:

well Kroneke took a page out of her book.:D when he became owner,he hired Jeff Fisher,the most imcompetent coach in the NFL you could ever find doing so cause he KNEW he would continue the losing streak that had been started years before him being the moron he was.:D the ONLY reason he hired him on in the first place and brought him along to LA "which had me puzzled that he brought him along" the reason he hired him was not only to continue the losing ways in stank louis so nobody would show up for the games as they didnt,:D but also mainly because Fisher had been through the relocation process once before when the Oilers left Houston so he needed a coach who had experience that could guide them through the transition process.

Once Fisher did that,Kroneke no longer had any use for him anymore and wisely fired him halfway through the season.:D He got rid of the worst coach in their franchise,signed two excellent offensive lineman which has made a world of difference in the protection of Goff and has opened up the running game for Gurley,signed sammy watkins which FINALLY gave the Rams a legitimate number one reciever to throw to and opened up the running game for Gurley,defenses can no longer stack the line of scrimmage and focus solely on stopping Gurley anymore,they have to respect the passing game now as well.

and with the signing of Mcvey which has paid huge dividends,Goff has an offensive minded Guru to get tutored under.Doesnt he remind you all of John Gruden? another young offensive minded coach and former offensive coordinater that the players excelled in after learning and then fed off of his enthusiasm and got them motivated to go out and have fun and play hard at the same time? I see a LOT of similarities in the two.:)

It’s all a set up, you know that! The Rams are only good because the script writers in the NFL has written the story that way. It’s all a set up. The NFL scripted the Pats to win and they did. Only fools believe the NFL plays it straight up honest. You are one of those fools.

Being a 40 whiner fan it is hard for me to speak about the LA rams but the San Diego Chargers are another story. I can remember when a player would get driven into the ground and landed on by several others and barely be able to get up and stand but would get back into the huddle and play the next down as if nothing happened. Juniour Sayowe was one of those.

It’s all a set up, you know that! The Rams are only good because the script writers in the NFL has written the story that way. It’s all a set up. The NFL scripted the Pats to win and they did. Only fools believe the NFL plays it straight up honest. You are one of those fools.
You think the NFL is a work like pro wrestling?
Well I think they are. Zach Miller of the Bears made one of the best catches for a TD this year, blew out his knee on the play, ended his career to make that catch, and finished the catch with his knee blown out. The refs on the field called it a TD. And then they reviewed the play. They came back and said it wasn't a catch. Dude, I don't care how biased a fan usually is, every fan of every team I've talked with stated that was a catch. I have found no one other than the officials in NY that claim that was not a catch. Now, that isn't the only play this year. There have been phantom calls all over the place on penalties this year that I have seen on replay after being made aware of them. A true NFL fan ought to be able to watch and see that there is holding on almost every pass play in the league, when the official throws a flag is truly questionable.

How about calls on pass coverage? let's go there, I see some teams allowed to knock the snot out of receivers with no calls, hold the receivers with no calls. Plainly seen on replay and no calls, and then for other teams the defender sneezes on the receiver and it's a fking flag every time. no, no, no, this is truly like wrestling. Truly. What a joke league this sport has become.

Being a 40 whiner fan it is hard for me to speak about the LA rams but the San Diego Chargers are another story. I can remember when a player would get driven into the ground and landed on by several others and barely be able to get up and stand but would get back into the huddle and play the next down as if nothing happened. Juniour Sayowe was one of those.

Not that that has anything to do with the OP but speaking of that,thats why i laugh at all the deluded fools who think shady brady is the greatest quarterback ever.:haha: he is such a wuss he could not even take a mere shot to the knee by a helmet when the player was CRAWLING on the ground not even going full blast. :lmao:defenders cant even play defense anymore not even allowed to touch the players without drawing a flag,the wuss would not have lasted one season in the NFL back when Montana and Bradshaw played the game when they got thrown around like rag dolls.He cold not take a mere shot to the knee how would he have lasted even one year in the NFL back then when they threw you around like rag dolls and defenses actually COULD play defense?:rolleyes: He isnt even one of the top 20 best the fact he is playing in a day and age when players cant play defense anymore,let along the greatest ever.comedy gold.:rofl::lmao:

St Louis Rams have really turned things around

You think the NFL is a work like pro wrestling?
Well I think they are. Zach Miller of the Bears made one of the best catches for a TD this year, blew out his knee on the play, ended his career to make that catch, and finished the catch with his knee blown out. The refs on the field called it a TD. And then they reviewed the play. They came back and said it wasn't a catch. Dude, I don't care how biased a fan usually is, every fan of every team I've talked with stated that was a catch. I have found no one other than the officials in NY that claim that was not a catch. Now, that isn't the only play this year. There have been phantom calls all over the place on penalties this year that I have seen on replay after being made aware of them. A true NFL fan ought to be able to watch and see that there is holding on almost every pass play in the league, when the official throws a flag is truly questionable.

How about calls on pass coverage? let's go there, I see some teams allowed to knock the snot out of receivers with no calls, hold the receivers with no calls. Plainly seen on replay and no calls, and then for other teams the defender sneezes on the receiver and it's a fking flag every time. no, no, no, this is truly like wrestling. Truly. What a joke league this sport has become.

all good points but how did this thread go from how the Rams turned things around in one year going from laughing stocks to contenders to being what a joke the NFL is?:confused:

all the replies posted should be posted on another thread.None of the repies here have anything to do with the OP.

The Rams aren't contenders because of talent, they are contenders because the games are all rigged.

So the thread is about how the NFL is scripting the Rams to be contenders, not because they are good. Besides you don't watch them anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THAT being said,dont know what good this post will do since the whole OP topic has been ignored,but even a former Rams player is saying the same thing i said earlier that this team reminds them of the greatest show on turf.:thup:

They were such a prolific offense, fans came out to watch them during pregame warmups. Opposing defensive players frantically tried different pairs of cleats to gauge whether one could help neutralize the threat better than another.

Those are a few things Torry Holt remembers from his years as a star receiver for the St. Louis Rams’ record-setting “Greatest Show on Turf” offense.

Holt sees similarities in this season’s Rams offense.
Rams' scoring prowess reminds former great Torry Holt of the 'Greatest Show on Turf'

those for me were the worst nightmare years having to endure that evil bitch slut whore host a trophy and then worse insult the fans in LA saying-I now know I did the right thing.that was major slap in the face to them/ she is now thank god burning in hell next to al davis. Ram fans in LA matter of fact go to her grave out there all the time and piss on it.:thup:

I plan to join that line someday myself and also piss on it.

THAT being said,dont know what good this post will do since the whole OP topic has been ignored,but even a former Rams player is saying the same thing i said earlier that this team reminds them of the greatest show on turf.:thup:

They were such a prolific offense, fans came out to watch them during pregame warmups. Opposing defensive players frantically tried different pairs of cleats to gauge whether one could help neutralize the threat better than another.

Those are a few things Torry Holt remembers from his years as a star receiver for the St. Louis Rams’ record-setting “Greatest Show on Turf” offense.

Rams' scoring prowess reminds former great Torry Holt of the 'Greatest Show on Turf'

But how can they really be as good as you claim when you yourself have told us that the NFL fixes the game. I'm agreeing with you for once and you seem to be fooled by the NFL show.

The arrival of McVay changed everything.

"He's a shot in the arm for that organization, a shot in the arm for that offense and shot in the arm for Jared Goff's development," Holt said.

That was all they needed was a coach who knew what he was doing in Sean mcvey.

as i said in the OP,kroneke kept on Fisher-"the worst coach in the NFL the last five years." ONLY to have someone with experience in NFL relocations to guide them through the relocation process, but more importantly,keep losing in stank louis so people would not show up.brilliant strategy.:up:shoe is on the other foot for stank louis.:biggrin::lmao:

Boy karma is a bitch for them.:lmao::rofl::haha:

The arrival of McVay changed everything.

"He's a shot in the arm for that organization, a shot in the arm for that offense and shot in the arm for Jared Goff's development," Holt said.

That was all they needed was a coach who knew what he was doing in Sean mcvey.

as i said in the OP,kroneke kept on Fisher-"the worst coach in the NFL the last five years." ONLY to have someone with experience in NFL relocations to guide them through the relocation process, but more importantly,keep losing in stank louis so people would not show up.brilliant strategy.:up:shoe is on the other foot for stank louis.:biggrin::lmao:

Boy karma is a bitch for them.:lmao::rofl::haha:

Lol! So you believe the hype? You said earlier that the NFL was fake, are you now saying because your Rams are in first place that it is not rigged? Are you a major sellout?

this very informative article right here says it all.:thup: that other fraud team that says they play in LA and says there is a fight for LA? seriously?:lmao: :rofl:maybe in fairy tales.:haha:

This surprises a lot of people here no doubt.All I remember hearing last year from many posters here was how the Rams had shitty ownership,,how Goff did not belong in the NFL,that they have been losers forever for several years now ,blah blah blah blah,.

Granted I myself did not think they would be great like this,not THIS year,not for a second. I am extremely pleasantly surprised they are doing as well as they are.However I would not have been surprised in the least had what is taking place with them now had happened next season. Remember i said MANY times the last three years that once the Rams got to LA,Kroneke would get get serious about winning.:D

I figured before the season started, they were one more year away at the earliest of having their first winning season in over a decade. I figured that Goff was still too fresh out of college and still too young to grasp the speed of the game at the NFL level which he struggled with so many times last year. Even Peyton Manning and John Elway were terrible their first full season in the NFL.

So I figured now that Fisher was finally gone and Goff had an offensive minded coach in Mcvey to work with,that this season he would struggle again coming out of the gate. That he was still getting used to the speed of the game and in the first half he would struggle and as the second half came along,his quarterback play would improve and he would come on strong but they would be finding their identity with a new coach and maybe NEXT year they would be the scoring machine that they are now. I figured eventually they would be great being back in LA again,just not this year,that it would be one more season before we saw the fireworks on the field with that offense we are seeing this year.:)

Had they had another losing season this year as i was thinking they would going into the season, I would have thought nothing of it.I would be thinking this was Goffs first full season.He still hasnt caught up to the speed of the game yet.Having one full season under him and being used to his new coach now and after the way he came on strong in the second half last year,I wont be surprised in the least if they have their first winning season this year is the thoughts i was thinking i was going to have going into next year.

Its pretty fun to crow now after so many people here said they had a shitty owner and would continue their losing ways in LA only to have to eat shit once again same as they had to when they insisted the Rams were never coming back to LA.:rofl::haha::lmao:
Nice to see the Rams having some success. The second half of the season will be a challenge though with 5 tough games. Goff looks like the real thing. The coaches seem imaginative. You have a good thing going in LA.

those for me were the worst nightmare years having to endure that evil bitch slut whore host a trophy and then worse insult the fans in LA saying-I now know I did the right thing.that was major slap in the face to them/ she is now thank god burning in hell next to al davis. Ram fans in LA matter of fact go to her grave out there all the time and piss on it.:thup:

so you're looking for a narrative, and it's not one that any of us are willing to give you I supposed. The idea that all of the sudden they can't be stopped after not being able to win, is indeed strange. And it can't be explained. No one could answer that. opinions were given in this thread, you are driving your narrative rather than accepting the posts of the board. Oh well. I gave you examples of how games can turn and why. is that happening for the RAMs? I have no idea, I'm not watching their games. i watch my team the Bears and I know that narrative is to make them losers, by taking points off the board illegitimately on wrong calls. Calling penalties against and not against. I do watch that gross misconduct. Now, as I stated, I've seen videos of other such misconduct by the officials all over the league. So take your wins. good for your team. They aren't mine.

Last edited:

Nice to see the Rams having some success. The second half of the season will be a challenge though with 5 tough games. Goff looks like the real thing. The coaches seem imaginative. You have a good thing going in LA.

Yes for sure and that is because what i said three years ago would happen DID happen in the off season.Kroneke got serious about winning doing all the things i mentioned earlier such as signing sammy watkins finally giving them a legitimate number one threat to throw to which opens up the running game for Gurley.Teams now cannot stack the line of scrimmage nad play just against the run anymore,that and having a new coach who is not a moron has turned things around for them dreastically.

I always knew they would win once they got to LA .It was a no brainer that Kroneke would get serious about winning out there,did not take a genius to see that,the ONLY thing that surprises me is that they are ahead of scedule since like i said,i figured Goff in his first full season would struggle in the first half and they would start out slow in the gate but then come on strong in the second half and maybe NEXT year they would be playing like they are,but i never saw it happening THIS year thats for sure.:banana::)

does not surprise me in the least when i think about it how they are ahead of scehdule because their front office knows what they are doing obviously.after Gurley won rookie of the year awards three years ago,i got to admit i questioned the choice of mcvey thinking it was risky to go after someone unproven,that they should have done the safe thing and got Holmgren out of retirement,the lure of LA i figured for sure would lure him out. I also wanted to draft Wentz so at first i was pissed about that but thats when i thought to myself-you know,they hit a homerun in Gurley,they seem to know what they are doing,i got to trust them in their decision to draft Goff. sure enough,like i said,they knew what they were doing all right.:thup:

wentz is special as well but they obviously saw soemthing in Goff knowing he would could be soemthing special in a couple years or so.He was fresh out of college and only 21 so they wanted someone REALLY young which is why passed on wentz i would guess.He was freash out of college and some people were already writing him off after just one year. that was nuts.

you are correct,we will know how good the Rams really are in those next five tougg games they have.

Last edited:

so you're looking for a narrative, and it's one that any of us are willing to give you I supposed. The idea that all of the sudden they can't be stopped after not being able to win, is indeed strange. And it can't be explained. No one could answer that. opinions were given in this thread, you are driving your narrative rather than accepting the posts of the board. Oh well. I gave you examples of how games can turn and why. is that happening for the RAMs? I have no idea, I'm not watching their games. i watch my team the Bears and I know that narrative is to make them losers, by taking points off the board illegitimately on wrong calls. Calling penalties against and not against. I do watch that gross misconduct. Now, as I stated, I've seen videos of other such misconduct by the officials all over the league. So take your wins. good for your team. They aren't mine.

actually it CAN be explained. Goff looks to be something special. there was a very good reason the front office traded the farm to get the number one pick,they were sold on Goff,they obviously saw things in him that none of us were aware of that he was something special at such a young age.Another Phillip Rivers who could come out of nowhere and instantly turn the fortunes of a team around or another Russel Wilson in the making except for the scrambling ability.

Plus as i just said,getting rid of the a moron coach who was the worst coach in the NFL and having an offensive whiz in mcvey has more than anything proved to be big dividends for Goff and the team more importantly.

as i asked before,mcvey reminds me an awful lot of john gruden asking people here dont you agree? look at the simiarlies,Gruden came in and in his first year instantly turned the Raiders fortunes around with a non losing season for the first time in several years going 8-8.

The NEXT season he did the most brilliant thing in the world seeing that Rich Gannon was available as a starter,he instantly went out and snatched him seeing what none of the others teams recognized that Gannon was something special IF a coach allowed him to ba a starter. He got a raw deal in minnesota being benched when he was playing well and never got another fair shake until Gruden saved his career. Mcvey like Gruden appears to be an offensive whiz. Mcvey like Gruden has also made a difference with the players having a coach that motivates them and they respond to.

Plus as i said,they FINALLY got a legitimate number one threat to throw to which opens up the running game for Gurley so defenses cannot stack the line of scrimmage so while it is shocking to me they instantly turned it around in one year,thinking they were a year away before having their first winning season in almost 15 years,i guess it is not shocking really when you think about those facts plus the fact Goff had an entire off season to get familiar with his teammates and adjusted to the speed of the game at the NFL level.

btw,you really need to reread that post of yours because that is not true,there were NO OPINIONS given by you or anyone else about the topic of the thread,how it is amazing how they turned things around instantly in one year.nothing,zilch was said about the OP by anyone.

Now i am glad to see that has FINALLY changed and it is on topic FINALLY with this post of yours.good boy.that wasnt hard was it?:biggrin:

since this is now FINALLY on topic,not to get it off but you being a Bears fan,glad to see you are guys are finally not suffering anymore having the biggest asshole owner in the world let Cutler ruin that franchise as he did for so many years. I made a thread on that a few years ago what a coach killer he is,that it did not matter who the coach was,the real problem was cutler:rolleyes: i said on that thread back then cutler obviously has a special relationship with the owner the fact had he played for any other team,he would have been released YEARS ago.:rolleyes:

anybody is an improvement over cutler,i feel sorry for the chicao fans and yourself that had to endure him all those years.

Last edited:

so you're looking for a narrative, and it's one that any of us are willing to give you I supposed. The idea that all of the sudden they can't be stopped after not being able to win, is indeed strange. And it can't be explained. No one could answer that. opinions were given in this thread, you are driving your narrative rather than accepting the posts of the board. Oh well. I gave you examples of how games can turn and why. is that happening for the RAMs? I have no idea, I'm not watching their games. i watch my team the Bears and I know that narrative is to make them losers, by taking points off the board illegitimately on wrong calls. Calling penalties against and not against. I do watch that gross misconduct. Now, as I stated, I've seen videos of other such misconduct by the officials all over the league. So take your wins. good for your team. They aren't mine.

actually it CAN be explained. Goff looks to be something special. there was a very good reason the front office traded the farm to get the number one pick,they were sold on Goff,they obviously saw things in him that none of us were aware of that he was something special at such a young age.Another Phillip Rivers who could come out of nowhere and instantly turn the fortunes of a team around or another Russel Wilson in the making except for the scrambling ability.

Plus as i just said,getting rid of the a moron coach who was the worst coach in the NFL and having an offensive whiz in mcvey has more than anything proved to be big dividends for Goff and the team more importantly.

as i asked before,mcvey reminds me an awful lot of john gruden asking people here dont you agree? look at the simiarlies,Gruden came in and in his first year instantly turned the Raiders fortunes around with a non losing season for the first time in several years going 8-8.

The NEXT season he did the most brilliant thing in the world seeing that Rich Gannon was available as a starter,he instantly went out and snatched him seeing what none of the others teams recognized that Gannon was something special IF a coach allowed him to ba a starter. He got a raw deal in minnesota being benched when he was playing well and never got another fair shake until Gruden saved his career. Mcvey like Gruden appears to be an offensive whiz. Mcvey like Gruden has also made a difference with the players having a coach that motivates them and they respond to.

Plus as i said,they FINALLY got a legitimate number one threat to throw to which opens up the running game for Gurley so defenses cannot stack the line of scrimmage so while it is shocking to me they instantly turned it around in one year,thinking they were a year away before having their first winning season in almost 15 years,i guess it is not shocking really when you think about those facts plus the fact Goff had an entire off season to get familiar with his teammates and adjusted to the speed of the game at the NFL level.

btw,you really need to reread that post of yours because that is not true,there were NO OPINIONS given by you or anyone else about the topic of the thread,how it is amazing how they turned things around instantly in one year.nothing,zilch was said about the OP by anyone.

Now i am glad to see that has FINALLY changed and it is on topic FINALLY.
good.

Forum List

Back