Rand Paul emerges on GOP civil war's front line

drivebymedia

Mar 4, 2013

Oh yes, it is a civil war .... with the outcome clearly in doubt!

"....If Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., keeps pace into 2016 promoting his non-interventionist foreign policy, the Republican Party is looking at its own version of "the anti-war, left-wing Democrats of the 1960s that nominated George McGovern and destroyed their party for almost 20 years," Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., said Sunday.

"After the House last week narrowly rejected a measure that would have ended the National Security Agency's bulk collection of U.S. phone records, debate has continued to rage on about how to most effectively balance liberty with national security interests. Paul plays kingpin to the minority camp backing "civil disobedient" Edward Snowden, whose leak of government surveillance programs jump-started the conversation; a position King says doesn't belong in the GOP.

Rand Paul emerges on GOP civil war's front line - CBS News

God Bless Rand Paul. The Neocons are desperately & viciously trying to hang on to power. Unfortunately for Rand, they'll say or do anything to eliminate him. He's fighting an epic uphill battle. He has to fight both the established Communist/Progressive Power in the Democratic Party, as well as the established Neocon Power in his own Party. It's what his Dad was up against for so many years.

I'm really rooting for the guy. But i also worry about him. The established Powers don't like upstarts who challenge them. They will be vicious in defending their power. But with enough support, he can win. Lets hope that happens. The Powers-That-Be have to go. It's time.

Rand Paul, just as his father before him, will never be a serious candidate

But he will light up those internet polls

We'll see. I hope you're wrong. It's time for the established Communist Democrat & Neocon Republican Powers to go. Hopefully the People are done with em.

"This is an isolation streak that's in our party. It goes totally against the party of Eisenhower, Bush. I mean we are a party of national defense. We're a party who did so much to protect the country over the last 12 years," King said on CNN's "State of the Union."

"When you have Rand Paul actually comparing Snowden to Martin Luther King or Henry David Thoreau - this is madness."

Rand Paul emerges on GOP civil war's front line - CBS News

The problem for Rand and the libertarians is this: The "Rhinos" are the only thing keeping the GOP even relevant.

If the GOP is taken over completely by they government haters of the far right.........the Dems will be in power forever because most people are just spooked or sickened by the far right.

Gosh don't say that, we're relying on candidates like Paul....

:)

What does it say about your candidates if you're relying on the opposition to put up someone you think can't win?

The problem for Rand and the libertarians is this: The "Rhinos" are the only thing keeping the GOP even relevant.

If the GOP is taken over completely by they government haters of the far right.........the Dems will be in power forever because most people are just spooked or sickened by the far right.

Rhinos?

baby-resting-on-mom-rhi.jpg

I think that there is hope for the Paul family. Rand is only about 75% as insane as his father is. I'm thinking that another 2 or 3 generations may produce someone electable.

Rand Paul will make an interesting Presidential candidate in 2016

and 2020 and 2024 and 2028 and 2032 and 2036 and 2040...........

Gosh don't say that, we're relying on candidates like Paul....

:)

What does it say about your candidates if you're relying on the opposition to put up someone you think can't win?

Good point. Ours have much to be desired as well. I reluctantly reached the conclusion 3 years ago that we should have elected Hillary instead of Obama...even though I find her to be incredibly irritating.

If the Republican Party falls apart, it won't be the fault of Rand Paul.

It will on the heads of McConnell, Boehner, and the others in the "Leadership" of the party who are ignoring the base.

It will on the heads of McConnell, Boehner, and the others in the "Leadership" of the party who are ignoring the base.

RINOs are the base

Always have been

Yeeess... let the hate flow!

Fiscal responsibility, accountability, non racist, non bigoted and not pro war! Rand is in fact the anti far far far loony butt fucking crazy anti science, war loving left candidate! Instead of people nation wide asking "wtf is the difference between Rep's Mitt and Dem's Obama" people will actually have a choice for smaller Government and fiscal sanity.

Maybe we'll actually cut some of that military spending and end the enormous amount of Obama wars. Maybe we'll stop bailing out the rich by pumping money into banks and Ben/Obama's friends.
Maybe we'll get out of the never ending recession that has been floated on trillions of dollars of debt under Obama.

So Please, keep calling Rand racist, keep calling him crazy as his father... If that's all you got your in some deep fucking chit.

Last edited:

RINOs are the base

Always have been

And RW tells the world what the GOP really is once again! Of course oddly his depiction this time flies in direct opposition of his claims that of the GOP being ultra religious right wing.... less than a week ago, maybe even less than a few hours ago. So yes, all listen to the great, wise and not so power RWer! He knows all about you and he ain't afraid to tell you who you really are!

Not true! Ron Paul had some serious baggage and nuttiness that Rand Paul doesn't have! Ron Paul alienated myself from all his colleagues, Republican and Democrats alike. No one backed him and no one supported him (in the legislature). People might say good, but that is why he was never able to get anything passed in congress.

Rand sometimes looks a fool, but he has won over many new age Republicans like myself! Right now he is my top choice (even with his stance on Israel)! He has many allies in congress and in conservative circles. As a senator of State, he is more meaningful then his father who represented a tiny meaningless district.

Forum List

Back