Rand Paul Responds To Bolton’s Resignation: ‘Chances Of War Worldwide Go Greatly Down’

What do the troops in Germany and South Korea have that Afghanistan doesn't? Answer: Peace. Neither is an active war zone. Further, the fighting in Afghanistan has been going on for almost 2 decades, please tell me what we've gained? We won't build a democracy there anymore than we did in Vietnam. The Taliban won't give up. Hell, they've got history on their side - they ran the Soviets out.

I don't believe in wasting lives there any longer.
You are forgetting about the Soviet Union being there before us. That nation is a hell hole.

What do the troops in Germany and South Korea have that Afghanistan doesn't? Answer: Peace. Neither is an active war zone. Further, the fighting in Afghanistan has been going on for almost 2 decades, please tell me what we've gained? We won't build a democracy there anymore than we did in Vietnam. The Taliban won't give up. Hell, they've got history on their side - they ran the Soviets out.

I don't believe in wasting lives there any longer.
You are forgetting about the Soviet Union being there before us. That nation is a hell hole.

Being attacked by the Soviet Union and the U.S. will do that to you.

Forum List

Back