Read The Supreme Court Ruling On Presidential Immunity

Time enough has passed and reality is starting to break through the media shit storm -- we get what I've been talking about:

Trump wasn’t exonerated by the presidential immunity ruling, even though he says he was​

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday misrepresented in a social media post what the U.S. Supreme Court’s Monday ruling on presidential immunity means for his civil and criminal cases.

“TOTAL EXONERATION!” he wrote in the post on his Truth Social platform. “It is clear that the Supreme Court’s Brilliantly Written and Historic Decision ENDS all of Crooked Joe Biden’s Witch Hunts against me, including the WHITE HOUSE AND DOJ INSPIRED CIVIL HOAXES in New York.”

But none of Trump’s pending cases have been dismissed as a result of the ruling, nor have the verdicts already reached against him been overturned. The ruling does amount to a major victory for the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, whose legal strategy has focused on delaying court proceedings until after the 2024 election.

Here’s a closer look at the facts.

FACT FOCUS: Trump wasn’t exonerated by the presidential immunity ruling, even though he says he was

Legal counsel wouldn't go along or they would quit.

They did not during his attempt to steal the election.

Just like Joe Biden and his memory? Bet that doesn't count.

Pretty much the same thing, though I am not sure Biden's doctor said he had the best memory of any president ever. Do you have a link to that?

Only in your head. Immediate congressional investigations.

Again, history says they will. Ask Rudy

There are two issues. One is how the decision affects the Trump current and future prosecutions, and the already decided cases.

The second issue is the decision itself and how it affects the Office of the Presidency, and in effect the Executive branch of government.

Much of what to me is of most interest and concern (not alarm), is how most of what is being written about and argued in media has yet to be tested in the courts. I suspect that at some future date the decision will be revisited and amended if not challenged as being constitutionally valid.

I have long held an opinion of being for a strong and robust Executive. What that means exactly would fill a whole nother thread,.

Dante

And people can see how it will impact future presidencies. And it isn't pretty.

Forum List

Back