Real cause of NYC crime is soft stance, business owner says

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
A New York City small business owner spoke out on soft-on-crime policies ahead of President Biden’s visit on Thursday.

"We see what's happening in San Francisco, and we can expect to see the same over here if we keep doing what we're doing. It doesn't help us – the workers of the city. We're not criminals, you know, we're trying to work, trying to make a living," Thomas Lo told FOX Business’ Madison Alworth during an interview that aired on "Varney & Co."

NEW YORK CITY BUSINESS LEADERS PRESSURE DA BRAG… AGAIN

Although the murder rate has decreased, crime in the Big Apple is taking its toll. According to the New York City Police Department, the number of rapes rose more than 26%, the amount of robberies increased more than 32% and grand larceny auto has increased more than 92% compared to a year ago.

Biden is set to meet with New York City Mayor Eric Adams on Thursday to discuss gun crime.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...id-crime-surge

NYC deserves everything they are seeing in crime due to their weak leadership

He's wrong. The real cause is common to the entire country and it's a lack of social responsibility toward solving the problems.
The answer is as easy to find as is Norway's justice system.

New York City's new mayor agrees with a tougher stance on crime and gang violence in particular.

But he's just one man in a sea of liberals in New York.

New York City's new mayor agrees with a tougher stance on crime and gang violence in particular.

But he's just one man in a sea of liberals in New York.
It's the American way and mindset Otis. Perhaps taken to the extreme in N.Y?

He's wrong. The real cause is common to the entire country and it's a lack of social responsibility toward solving the problems.
Norway is one of the whitest countries in the world.

You apply Norway's justice system here and you would get anarchy.

When you say you aren't going to prosecute petty crimes, petty criminals see it as an invitation.

No it's not, because crime has risen everywhere in this county, including the most far rightwing enclaves.

Try again OP.

don't think so, being soft on crime does not work in a large nation that has let it go rampant for decades

don't think so, being soft on crime does not work in a large nation that has let it go rampant for decades
Let it go rampant for years? Still, the awakening has to come, albeit with more difficulty. Mentioning a large nation doesn't really sell as an excuse. Maybe a large nation could do it easier? Many large nations already have.

Let it go rampant for years? Still, the awakening has to come, albeit with more difficulty. Mentioning a large nation doesn't really sell as an excuse. Maybe a large nation could do it easier? Many large nations already have.
Large nations can't do it easier with states rights, here I can shoot any person that comes on my property uninvited, in NY, you better have extra weapons to set the scene in your favor and the victim may still go to jail for self defense

in NY, you better have extra weapons to set the scene in your favor and the victim may still go to jail for self defense
As it should be in a civilized country and pretty close to how it is in Canada. I know of shooter in Canada who shot a burglar running away and was fined and had is shotgun confiscated. Does that make sense to you? I would guess that it should make some sense to Christians too.

As it should be in a civilized country and pretty close to how it is in Canada. I know of shooter in Canada who shot a burglar running away and was fined and had is shotgun confiscated. Does that make sense to you? I would guess that it should make some sense to Christians too.
any guy that thinks more of my stuff than his life is on him, here we put them in body bags, sends the right message back home

Real cause of NYC crime is soft stance, business owner says
CaptainObvious.png

It's the American way and mindset Otis.

As a LIbtARd from Canaduh, you have no standing to say anything about America.

You're a pathetic relic of a degenerate nation that was founded by cowering and groveling before a horrendous tyrant, presuming to preach to a nation that was founded in kicking that same tyrant's ass.

There is no good reason whatsoever why any American should give a fuck what you have to say about our country.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” — Samuel Adams​

But its homicide rate (5.5 killings per 100,000 people last year) has remained lower than that in the next six most populous cities, FBI and police crime data show, and lower also than many smaller cities like Jacksonville, Florida; Fort Worth, Texas; and Tulsa, Oklahoma.

A New York City small business owner spoke out on soft-on-crime policies ahead of President Biden’s visit on Thursday.

"We see what's happening in San Francisco, and we can expect to see the same over here if we keep doing what we're doing. It doesn't help us – the workers of the city. We're not criminals, you know, we're trying to work, trying to make a living," Thomas Lo told FOX Business’ Madison Alworth during an interview that aired on "Varney & Co."

NEW YORK CITY BUSINESS LEADERS PRESSURE DA BRAG… AGAIN

Although the murder rate has decreased, crime in the Big Apple is taking its toll. According to the New York City Police Department, the number of rapes rose more than 26%, the amount of robberies increased more than 32% and grand larceny auto has increased more than 92% compared to a year ago.

Biden is set to meet with New York City Mayor Eric Adams on Thursday to discuss gun crime.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...id-crime-surge

NYC deserves everything they are seeing in crime due to their weak leadership
I have no other answers except what I've offered, that has to do with an attitude of rehabilitation. The rape statistics do appear to be unusually high in America and I can't explain that without researching the question. It could be connected to a military mindset, as we know that it is a crime of violence and less sexuallly motivated.
That's a question we could attack if you have an interest.
All of the issues you're mentioned need to be addressed soon because in my opinion they're causing a general overall breakdown of society.

Forum List

Back