Zone1 Are There Prophets Around Today?

Acts 3:19-21
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Joseph Smith was the prophet of the restoration of The Church of Jesus Christ. The heavens were opened and God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared before the boy prophet and opened up the dispensation of the fulness of times. Jesus Christ's true church was then restored upon the face of the earth.

Ephesians 1:10
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Preponderance of the lack of evidence that his visions had anything to do with a supreme being.

But whatever. I can't care much either way.
I challenge spiritual leaders by their teachings. You throw mud/shit and hope something sticks

She was his First Wife not Third

That's right .. she was his only wife until she died. She encouraged Muhammad in his growing insights or whatever you want to call it.

Khadija died in Ramadan 10 years after Prophethood was revealed, i.e., November 619 A.D. Muhammad later called this tenth year the "Year of Sorrow", as his favorite uncle and protector, Abu Talib, also died at this time. Khadija is said to have been about 65 years old at the time of her death.

That He had Hallucinations in a Cave after Khadija Died ?

Khadija died in Ramadan 10 years after Prophethood was revealed, i.e., November 619 A.D. Muhammad later called this tenth year the "Year of Sorrow", as his favorite uncle and protector, Abu Talib, also died at this time. Khadija is said to have been about 65 years old at the time of her death.

That's right .. she was his only wife until she died. She encouraged Muhammad in his growing insights or whatever you want to call it.

He was 40 when he saw Gabriel in the Cave , Khadijah was dead by then

Are There Prophets Around Today?​

Just wondering ....
Of course, there are thousands of them. Jim Jones, L. Ron Hubbard, David Koresh, Marshall Applewhite, Charles Manson, Charles Russell, Joseph Smith, Elbert Spriggs, Sun Myung Moon, David Berg, Jesus Christ, Mohammad, and so many, many more. But let us speak truth - the theory of a Messiah is not a crazy notion. Everyone (I don't care who you are) would like to have life explained. OF COURSE. However, the facts of this thing called life have never been adequately explained and let us assume that it never will be at least until after death. So, every prophet (every one of them) has turned out to be false. That's just the way it is. Some people accept the fact and do the best they can to enjoy life while others fret over questions that cannot be answered. That's where the prophets come into the story: "Maybe life means this or maybe life means that!"

He was 40 when he saw Gabriel in the Cave , Khadijah was dead by then

At the time of the marriage Muhammad was around 22 to 25 years old. Khadija was 40 years old at that time . It's certain that she was at least 15 years older than Muhammad.

Forum List

Back