🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

REAL racial outrage: City of Pagedale (MO) threatens to tear down black homes just for being ugly!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
After code violation crackdown Pagedale officials now threaten to demolish homes News

Now THIS IS some real racial outrage I can support. This is several homes owned by generations of black families. The City of Pagedale, Missouri is threatening to tear them down. Why? The city even says the homes are NOT unsafe.....they're just UNATTRACTIVE. They say it hurts their property values!!! They're hammering these families with thousands of dollars in tickets....one for having a shingle missing!!! They went to one home and ordered them to cover the chipped paint with new vinyl siding....or else. Even if they can't afford it.

The city didn't even walk INSIDE THE home!! They just told these black families basically "your home is ugly.....beautify it or we're tearing it down"!!

My God. I can't be angry when a criminal attacks a cop and badness happens.

But THIS!!?? Pure discrimination and just horrible.

WHY can't we have the same outrage for.such an obvious abuse???

pagedale
OH.....because the entire city council, mayor and police chief are left wing minorities. And when THEY use BIG ABUSIVE GOVERNMENT it's OK I suppose.

After code violation crackdown Pagedale officials now threaten to demolish homes News

Now THIS IS some real racial outrage I can support. This is several homes owned by generations of black families. The City of Pagedale, Missouri is threatening to tear them down. Why? The city even says the homes are NOT unsafe.....they're just UNATTRACTIVE. They say it hurts their property values!!! They're hammering these families with thousands of dollars in tickets....one for having a shingle missing!!! They went to one home and ordered them to cover the chipped paint with new vinyl siding....or else. Even if they can't afford it.

The city didn't even walk INSIDE THE home!! They just told these black families basically "your home is ugly.....beautify it or we're tearing it down"!!

pagedale
OH.....because the entire city council, mayor and police chief are left wing minorities. And when THEY use BIG ABUSIVE GOVERNMENT it's OK I suppose.
Sounds like an HOA.

pagedale
Sounds like an HOA.

It's not. It's the city government. Just how you big government liberals like it.

Well....I see the Black Lives Matter types don't give a fuck about this TRUE legitimate case of oppression and injustice. Hmmm.

How can it be discrimination when the entire council and Mayor are black?

Discrimination against poor people? You lefties Occupied a lot of shit over that.

And...blacks can be and usually are the most racist and bias people around.

If this council was all white...and tearing down black homes for being too ugly....Sharpton would be in Pagedale marching.

This really is a TRUE injustice.

Discrimination against poor people? You lefties Occupied a lot of shit over that.

If this council was all white...and tearing down black homes for being too ugly....Sharpton would be in Pagedale marching.

I bet they have secret plans for buying the properties for resale....Yet what will they build? White people homes?

I bet they have secret plans for buying the properties for resale....Yet what will they build? White people homes?

I don't know. What exactly is a "white person home"? Didn't know each race had its own home.

Sounds like they want businesses to come and occupy the areas. It says the one house is near some small businesses.

on a note aside.... purely relating to architecture ...not race not rich or poor, etc...

I wonder...why is the pull always toward ugliness? why this liking for the ugly?

and yes strange as it sounds...

they like it as it is!

oh well ... à chacun son goût :dunno:

I just know that if a mostly white council and Mayor did this...cries of racism and oppression would be non stop.

Well, obesity is a massive problem in the black community, and these disgustingly fat ugly people shouldnt be allowed to own homes, so im ok with it.

...ohhhh, you mean the homes are ugly. Ok, nevermind.

White lefties who do that call it gentrification. Sounds a lot better than housing discrimination or racism.

White lefties who do that call it gentrification. Sounds a lot better than housing discrimination or racism.

Blacks don't even try to better their lot,,,but they bitch to high hell when it doesn't just improve and whites don't make it improve. Dumb asses.

Yeah... if there's no HOA they signed for "upkeep" or w/e and the homes are not dangerous then there's no reason to tear them down. Gov. bullshit imo

Why not take some cash out of your pocket and buy these guys a few gallons of paint if it's so "ugly" Mayor/city council? How about organizing a community clean up thing to raise money for them to paint the outside and/or help them do it. It looks to me like they've got other priorities with their cash. Not that it's any of the cities business /what/ they do with their money after paying taxes and shit, but when you have to choose between food/medicine or painting the exterior of your house - it's an easy decision to make.

Houses shown in the pic's remind me of my papa's small town of like 300 people; private farmers mostly, not a lot of money. They have an annual thing where the entire city meets up at the church and they help paint everyone's houses and businesses (that need it.) They also do stuff like replacing insulation (a lot of the homes are 100+ years old) and redoing electrical and plumbing, etc. I have many fond memories of visiting as a kido and helping with the various community projects - one year we rebuilt the roof on a neighbors house cause they'd gotten hit by lightning and had a pretty bad fire. They strapped me into a body holster thingy and tied me off to the chimney because I wanted to help lay the shingles. We all helped remodel the inside of the café too. That was owned by my aunt and uncle, their café and the bar plus the church all pitched in to help buy all the supplies everyone needed every year. (That's pretty much all that was in the town frankly, has a granary loader/silo thingy on the train tracks, the café, a bar, the church, and there's a John Deere (or w/e tractor/farm equipment national place) about 10 miles down the highway, they pitched financially in sometimes, like with the roof that needed to be redone, but it was mostly the folks in the town. The only place that looked shitty was the little post office building/shack, they weren't allowed to paint it because of "safety concerns" lol) Anyway, I learned a lot of building and home maintenance stuff over those years that I've put to good use on my house so it was a real win-win.

I guess times change, I certainly wouldn't expect even my nice, rural neighbors to do anything like that here... Although I did replace the neighbors mailbox for them (after asking of course) We redid the post we share because it was trying to fall over when we moved in and got two matching mailboxes; they looked great until the plow truck hit them like four years ago, prob. time to get new ones... Same plow guy ate my ceramic tile address sign too :(

Forum List

Back