Recession mentions are near a 3-year low for corporate America

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

While discussion around a slowing US economy has rippled through Wall Street this month, the amount of companies actually discussing recession with investors during conference calls is near its lowest level in three years.

From June 15 to Aug. 15, just 28 S&P 500 companies mentioned recession on their earnings calls, according to new data from FactSet. That's well below the five-year average of 83 companies and less than the 10-year average of 60 companies.

It is looking less and less like there will be any sort of recessions, even a small one.

It would be great for the country if we could come out of a bout of inflation and not have a recession.

The Fed needs to do their part and knock down the rates a bit in Sept

While discussion around a slowing US economy has rippled through Wall Street this month, the amount of companies actually discussing recession with investors during conference calls is near its lowest level in three years.

From June 15 to Aug. 15, just 28 S&P 500 companies mentioned recession on their earnings calls, according to new data from FactSet. That's well below the five-year average of 83 companies and less than the 10-year average of 60 companies.

It is looking less and less like there will be any sort of recessions, even a small one.

It would be great for the country if we could come out of a bout of inflation and not have a recession.

The Fed needs to do their part and knock down the rates a bit in Sept

Sounds like a great time for you to sell all your worldly belongings and open up a restaurant in California.

Would you ever do that?

I wouldn't do that even if I was using your money, put it that way.

There is going to be dire times ahead for most Western nations as the cost of living and limited housing supplies destroys the critical consumer economy.

Sounds like a great time for you to sell all your worldly belongings and open up a restaurant in California.

Would you ever do that?

I wouldn't do that even if I was using your money, put it that way.

There is going to be dire times ahead for most Western nations as the cost of living and limited housing supplies destroys the critical consumer economy.

I would never so such a thing, not in Cali or any state.

I have no desire to own my own business. To many headaches, too much stress.

i have 5 years till I retire, and I like being able to turn off the computer and not think about work till the next day

Yawn.....

Been to the grocery store lately?

Bought a new home as a first time home buyer?

Bought insurance for home/car?

Know anyone who's been laid-off?

Yesterday. What is your point?

Had a house built in 2022, only the 2nd one we have ever owned and a long period between the two.

Yep, have both. No change to homewowners since Oct 2022 and car insurance went up when I traded in a 2013 Kia for a 2023 Honda

I do not know anyone that has been laid off or lost their job.

I would never so such a thing, not in Cali or any state.

I have no desire to own my own business. To many headaches, too much stress.

i have 5 years till I retire, and I like being able to turn off the computer and not think about work till the next day

If the Security Industrial Complex allows me to sell my home and realize the profits, I may start a small business. If there is anything left over after dealing with my health issues and need to have retirement savings.

If the Security Industrial Complex allows me to sell my home and realize the profits, I may start a small business. If there is anything left over after dealing with my health issues and need to have retirement savings.

Good luck to you.

The media as the stock market was crashing... which it will do again...

Yep, the media loves their sensationalized headline.

There was no crash ,there as a dip for a couple days that has pretty much been made back already.

But the media knows that people like you will never read beyond a headline

Yep, the media loves their sensationalized headline.

There was no crash ,there as a dip for a couple days that has pretty much been made back already.

But the media knows that people like you will never read beyond a headline
1724050140221.png

Forum List

Back