Record bonuses on Wall Street in 2021, at the same time a lot of Americans are struggling.

Actually it doesnt have to be like that because it didnt used to be like that. You think putting more money in the hands of the wealthy via passive means is more important than corps distributing at least part of the profits to it's employees in the form of higher wages. I disagree with that.
Trust me, those bonuses if eliminated would not go to employee wages, maybe R&D or debt, but you wouldn't see a dime of it.

You mean the ones during the pandemic when the economy had to shut down?

How about now? If you have 4-5 kids, you wouldn't have to even work, would you?
LOL you think people live high on the hog on welfare. You're delusional.

Trust me, those bonuses if eliminated would not go to employee wages, maybe R&D or debt, but you wouldn't see a dime of it.
You're dense. I said people are getting it via passive means ie stockholders are getting most of the gains in profit due to stock buybacks and the like. So employees shouldnt see higher wages when they contribute to higher profits? Maybe something should be done about that ie government invtervention. It's a fact that unchecked capitalism does not work. Maybe this is another area that government has to intervene because corps want to starve their own employees.

The bonuses on Wall St. are not going to change anything, get a grip and a second job if you can't
live off your wages. Should have done something about it when you were going to school.
Why should people have to get a second job just to survive? You really are a monster.

If the economy had really been that good there was no reason for the continued pumping which Trump continued to call for. If the economy was so good, that is the time you raise taxes to address the debt, not continue to raise the debt. If the economy was so good you don't call for negative interest rates.
You address debt by cutting spending and keeping taxation steady.

Why? Because you settled for a job that doesn't pay enough. Why should anyone have
to pay for your poor choices. We all are guaranteed equal opportunity, we aren't guaranteed equal outcome.
It's just the way it is.
How is that someones fault they dont get paid enough? If everyone is paying $10 an hour for that job, how is that the employee's fault?

But we understand. You dont think everyone that works 40 hours a week (which is pretty insane in and of itself with advances in technology) should at the minimum get enough money to eat, cloth, and house themselves? You think these people should have to work another 20 or 30 hours a week just to do that? In other words lets reverse an advancing society back to the days of the serfs.

The difference between you and me is you dont believe any changes can or should be made. I believe changes and improvements can be made. You'd rather see people suffer (I dunno you seem like the type that gets off on that kinda thing) while I would rather see people prosper.

You're dense. I said people are getting it via passive means ie stockholders are getting most of the gains in profit due to stock buybacks and the like. So employees shouldnt see higher wages when they contribute to higher profits? Maybe something should be done about that ie government invtervention. It's a fact that unchecked capitalism does not work. Maybe this is another area that government has to intervene because corps want to starve their own employees.
If you want higher wages or part of the profit, take the risk and start your own company. When you sign up for a wage job, you do so with the understanding that you will be x amount of dollars for the assigned tasks. If you have a good employer, or your employer has a good year, you may or may not get a raise. But under no circumstances are you entitled to a raise or even a bonus. Unless you have it in your employment contract that bonuses and raises are part of your wage.

How is that someones fault they dont get paid enough? If everyone is paying $10 an hour for that job, how is that the employee's fault?

But we understand. You dont think everyone that works 40 hours a week (which is pretty insane in and of itself with advances in technology) should at the minimum get enough money to eat, cloth, and house themselves? You think these people should have to work another 20 or 30 hours a week just to do that? In other words lets reverse an advancing society back to the days of the serfs.

The difference between you and me is you dont believe any changes can or should be made. I believe changes and improvements can be made. You'd rather see people suffer (I dunno you seem like the type that gets off on that kinda thing) while I would rather see people prosper.

Some people think everyone can be a doctor without considering the ramifications of every one being a doctor.

If you want higher wages or part of the profit, take the risk and start your own company. When you sign up for a wage job, you do so with the understanding that you will be x amount of dollars for the assigned tasks. If you have a good employer, or your employer has a good year, you may or may not get a raise. But under no circumstances are you entitled to a raise or even a bonus. Unless you have it in your employment contract that bonuses and raises are part of your wage.
You ever hear of inflation, dipshit? So if you dont get a raise, you're getting a wage decrease and people should just be ok with that? Fuck you.

Worker co-ops will be a growing trend probably...the government SHOULD have stepped in starting in the 80's when these vulture hedge fund managers swooped in and started shutting places down, our government was busy making bad trade deals in the east to compensate for the loss of production here with cheap wages in China and everywhere else.

What they should have done was loaned the employers of these companies the money to operate the businesses on their own....as democratic co-ops in which the employees actually have ownership in the enterprise.....Everyone has a say in the decisions that affect everyone else.

If you're getting paid $10.00 an hour, look for a job that pays $15.00 or more. they are out there,
and a lot of them.

The difference between you and me is that I don't believe the cradle to the grave approach.
Stand on your own two feet and take responsibility for yourself.

If you're getting paid $10.00 an hour, look for a job that pays $15.00 or more. they are out there,
and a lot of them.

The difference between you and me is that I don't believe the cradle to the grave approach.
Stand on your own two feet and take responsibility for yourself.
Why are you against people getting paid more? Is it because you fear they are catching up to you and you wont get paid more? Or is it because why should anyone after you see improvements in wages since you didnt?

Forum List

Back