Refugees reject Russia

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
The Russian people should be happy that the Syrian refugees don't want to land up there.

Refugees reject Russia
September 16, 2015 MARINA OBRAZKOVA, RBTH

Experts say that Russia is an unattractive destination for Syrian refugees due to the bureaucratic asylum process and the lack of routes to Europe.

SYRIA, REFUGEES,MIGRATION
GettyImages-477425712_468.jpg

As Europe searches for ways to cope with thousands of migrants fleeing the violence in Syria, Russia remains an unattractive destination for those seeking asylum. Source: Getty images

In mid-September, as Europe struggled to cope with thousands of Syrian refugees seeking asylum, Russian President Vladimir Putin took the opportunity to blame the situation on European countries themselves. Speaking on the sidelines of an economic forum in Vladivostok, Putin called the crisis “completely expected.”

“We in Russia, and myself personally said several years ago that our so-called Western partners continued to maintain their flawed foreign policy, especially in regions of the Muslim world,” Putin said.

The Russian president’s words were a rebuke to those who suggested that Russia could do more to help refugees. Yet the number of Syrians who want to come to Russia is minimal.

“Syrian refugees do not want to remain in Russia because here they don’t receive welfare, housing and work. And it is also difficult to apply for legal residency,” said Munzer Khallum, a Syrian journalist and writer living in Moscow.

Continue reading at:

Refugees reject Russia?

Sally the economic refugees state out they are coming for welfare in Germany;

I realize that. Russia is lucky that they are not handing out welfare or some of the refugees might want to stay there.

The Russian people should be happy that the Syrian refugees don't want to land up there.

Refugees reject Russia
September 16, 2015 MARINA OBRAZKOVA, RBTH

Experts say that Russia is an unattractive destination for Syrian refugees due to the bureaucratic asylum process and the lack of routes to Europe.

SYRIA, REFUGEES,MIGRATION
GettyImages-477425712_468.jpg

As Europe searches for ways to cope with thousands of migrants fleeing the violence in Syria, Russia remains an unattractive destination for those seeking asylum. Source: Getty images

In mid-September, as Europe struggled to cope with thousands of Syrian refugees seeking asylum, Russian President Vladimir Putin took the opportunity to blame the situation on European countries themselves. Speaking on the sidelines of an economic forum in Vladivostok, Putin called the crisis “completely expected.”

“We in Russia, and myself personally said several years ago that our so-called Western partners continued to maintain their flawed foreign policy, especially in regions of the Muslim world,” Putin said.

The Russian president’s words were a rebuke to those who suggested that Russia could do more to help refugees. Yet the number of Syrians who want to come to Russia is minimal.

“Syrian refugees do not want to remain in Russia because here they don’t receive welfare, housing and work. And it is also difficult to apply for legal residency,” said Munzer Khallum, a Syrian journalist and writer living in Moscow.

Continue reading at:

Refugees reject Russia?

Psssssssssssssst Sally. Get a grip. The horror invasion of the EU has jack shit to do with Syria. This invasion of "economic refugees" hasn't a damn thing to do with Syria.

I realize that. Russia is lucky that they are not handing out welfare or some of the refugees might want to stay there.

Oh too funnyl

We are agreeing but just posts in time.

I have a sense that the backlash in the EU countries is going to
ECLIPSE the misery in Syria

Forum List

Back