removal of "Freedom Tower" title unpatriotic?

Give me a break. You guys are telling me that it is ok the change the name cause you fear it getting attacked again? Why don't you guys just run up the white flag now and get it over with?

I'm not afraid of anything.

I could care less what they call it.

I'm just pissed at how the word "unpatriotic" is used to describe anything and everything these days.

could be cause the fact that they keep wanting to take the word freedom out of everything that makes it so. Or sometimes people just are. And don't give me that shit it is patriotic to insult cause it isn't it is just a right you have. It is patriotic to fight for you country. I am tired of how many people think bitching is patriotic. I bitch all the time and it dose not make me patriotic.

I think they're calling it One World Trade Center. For me, if they were going to call it that, they should rebuild the twins or call it something completely different.

Why would the name they use determine your preference for architectural style?

In other words:

Freedom Tower: okay to be one building
One World Trade Center: must be two buildings

the World Trade Center doesn't exist anymore. It was the twin towers. if you're not going to rebuild the twins, call the new building something else.
actually, the world trade center was 7 buildings none still exist as they were

Why would the name they use determine your preference for architectural style?

In other words:

Freedom Tower: okay to be one building
One World Trade Center: must be two buildings

the World Trade Center doesn't exist anymore. It was the twin towers. if you're not going to rebuild the twins, call the new building something else.

True. I thought of that after I posted it. but when I think of the WTC, I think of the towers.
What happened to buildings 3,4,5, and 6?

True. I thought of that after I posted it. but when I think of the WTC, I think of the towers.
they were damaged so badly they had to be demolised
WTC6 had even collapsed in the center of it
some of the arial photos of the site show that hole in the middle of it

From a strictly practical point of view (and I do not intend to offend anyone), at the lowest common denominator, this is a piece of prime real estate that needs tenants in order to survive. If the intent is to open up an office building, then the owners need to do what's necessary to stay financially alive. Otherwise, if the intent is to make a memorial honoring the victims of 9/11, then either the state or federal government should purchase/lease the property and build an appropriate memorial. It's very difficult to do both.

On a philosophical level, it's a shame that Americans are willing to forget 9/11 or are so willing to abandon Freedom Tower and everything it represents. Could be a sad commentary of how quickly we forget or it could be a sign of healing that we're able to forget. Difficult to tell what all of this means. I would have been proud with Freedom Tower, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact that it's being renamed One World Trade Center.

That hole was created by carefully placed detonation devices, otherwise, it should have withstood WTC 1 & 2 falling on it.

That hole was created by carefully placed detonation devices, otherwise, it should have withstood WTC 1 & 2 falling on it.
of course ;)

What I don't understand is why people aren't a little more outraged by this and the actions already taken like this.

If you went to Blockbuster and rented the remastered DvD for 'Sleepless in Seattle' you would notice the towers had been taken out. A scene in Spiderman had been taken out thanks to the towers coming down. Seeing the towers in any format was apparently too damaging to our psyches so they had to be erased from our history.

I would like to remember them personally and not out of hate. Rather as a thought that America still exists. Remembering the bad keeps you from repeating mistakes in the future and there is nothing wrong or awful about that. Besides.. the thought of the government deciding what I can and can not handle is a bit... unnerving. -Shudders-

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

What I don't understand is why people aren't a little more outraged by this and the actions already taken like this.

If you went to Blockbuster and rented the remastered DvD for 'Sleepless in Seattle' you would notice the towers had been taken out. A scene in Spiderman had been taken out thanks to the towers coming down. Seeing the towers in any format was apparently too damaging to our psyches so they had to be erased from our history.

I would like to remember them personally and not out of hate. Rather as a thought that America still exists. Remembering the bad keeps you from repeating mistakes in the future and there is nothing wrong or awful about that. Besides.. the thought of the government deciding what I can and can not handle is a bit... unnerving. -Shudders-

Ever watch "Life on Mars"? It's kind of eerie seeing the towers. My favorite show, btw.

Ever watch "Life on Mars"? It's kind of eerie seeing the towers. My favorite show, btw.

Last show next week

Give me a break. You guys are telling me that it is ok the change the name cause you fear it getting attacked again? Why don't you guys just run up the white flag now and get it over with?

I'm not afraid of anything.

I could care less what they call it.

I'm just pissed at how the word "unpatriotic" is used to describe anything and everything these days.

could be cause the fact that they keep wanting to take the word freedom out of everything that makes it so. Or sometimes people just are. And don't give me that shit it is patriotic to insult cause it isn't it is just a right you have. It is patriotic to fight for you country. I am tired of how many people think bitching is patriotic. I bitch all the time and it dose not make me patriotic.

It's just self-righteous Leftist protesters trying to make it seem like their actions are dignified, who claim that it is patriotic to whine and bitch about everything all the time.

I haven't seen it no.. I'll see if Netflix has any seasons for rent ^_^

I hated the name 'freedom tower' it sounded like it came from a cartoon.

That tower is also ugly as sin, how horrid it will make the skyline.

I don't mind the name being 1 world trade center, that si what the building is for.

And I don't like the idea of a memorial to mass murder.

I am disappointed in it. Last I heard, it's only going to have 70 actual floors? the rest is all glass.

I'm sure the other buildings will fill up if they ever build them. I think the new wtc 7 is 90 percent capacity, no?

It's doing well, but it isn't a modern art masterpiece like the tower.

BTW, if you have ever been there or worked there, you would see why a 'park' or 'memorial' is so inappropreate, it is a site of mass murder, such a thing should NOT be 'preserved.'

I'm sure the other buildings will fill up if they ever build them. I think the new wtc 7 is 90 percent capacity, no?
yeah, and it is bigger than the old WTC7

they also changed the way the supports were designed for over the electrical substation

Forum List

Back