Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee dead at 74

Dekster

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2014
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas), who served in Congress for nearly three decades, has died at the age of 74, her office announced Friday evening.

“Today, with incredible grief for our loss yet deep gratitude for the life she shared with us, we announce the passing of United States Representative Sheila Jackson Lee of the 18th Congressional District of Texas,” her family wrote in a statement shared to her account on X.

I guess her staff won't get yelled at any more. RIP and all that. I don't know a lot about her politics.

She was the quintessential political hypocrite. That said, no joy in hearing of her passing. They're all about the same where hypocrisy is concerned. I'm not sure I'd be that sanguine if it were that nasty Maxine Waters and I KNOW I won't be civil when Pelosi shuffles off the mortal coil.

Yikes. Turbo cancer.

She was just diagnosed last month.

Fully Vaxxed and boosted of course..

IMG_6476.jpeg

Safe & Effective®

She was the quintessential political hypocrite. That said, no joy in hearing of her passing. They're all about the same where hypocrisy is concerned. I'm not sure I'd be that sanguine if it were that nasty Maxine Waters and I KNOW I won't be civil when Pelosi shuffles off the mortal coil.
Lee was nastier, if less important, with no meaningful contribution since first taking office.

She’s in a majority black district

Her replacement will be another crazy Black LIES Matter clone

Condolences to her family

She was a Yankee who moved to Houston when her husband got a teaching job there. Wanted to disarm white people, for one, backed a gun control bill.

On September 27, 2013, Jackson Lee introduced the Essential Transportation Worker Identification Credential Assessment Act (H.R. 3202; 113th Congress), a bill that would direct the United States Department of Homeland Security to assess the effectiveness of the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) program.[15] The bill would require an independent assessment of how well the TWIC program improves security and reduces risks at the facilities and vessels it is responsible for.[16]

In January 2019, The New York Times reported that Jackson Lee planned to resign as chair of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation. The move came in the wake of a lawsuit filed by a former staffer earlier in January that claimed the staffer was fired in retaliation for her planned legal action related to an alleged rape by a supervisor in 2015. The resignation came the day after the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence announced it would not support making Jackson Lee the lead sponsor of a law to reauthorize the federal Violence Against Women Act.[17] She also stepped down from her chairmanship of the House Judiciary subcommittee.[18]

On January 4, 2021, Jackson Lee introduced the Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act (H.R. 127; 117th Congress), a bill that expanded requirements for firearm licensing to every firearm and banned any ammunition of .50 caliber BMG or larger.[19]

In the 117th Congress (2021–2023), Jackson Lee voted with President Joe Biden's stated position 100 percent of the time, according to a FiveThirtyEight analysis.[20] Jackson Lee and Representative Lloyd Doggett became co-deans of Texas's congressional delegation in January 2023 after the retirement of Eddie Bernice Johnson.

Just another racist Kill Whitey!!! Democrat.

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas), who served in Congress for nearly three decades, has died at the age of 74, her office announced Friday evening.

“Today, with incredible grief for our loss yet deep gratitude for the life she shared with us, we announce the passing of United States Representative Sheila Jackson Lee of the 18th Congressional District of Texas,” her family wrote in a statement shared to her account on X.

I guess her staff won't get yelled at any more. RIP and all that. I don't know a lot about her politics.
Pancreatic Cancer is brutal. RIP

I'm a Native Houstonian, so she's my "homegirl." Her district was gerrymandered for a black person to win it, and she won that lottery. I never liked her much politically, and I thought her personality was grating, and crownlike hairstyle an indicator of her entitlement.

Still, she was a Texan, so even for a Democrat, she was a cut above. I'm sorry for her family, and for their loss.

My thoughts and prayers go to them.

And....one wonders where the bile comes from. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
Behold, thy name is right wing!

I'm a Native Houstonian, so she's my "homegirl." Her district was gerrymandered for a black person to win it, and she won that lottery. I never liked her much politically, and I thought her personality was grating, and crownlike hairstyle an indicator of her entitlement.

Still, she was a Texan, so even for a Democrat, she was a cut above. I'm sorry for her family, and for their loss.

My thoughts and prayers go to them.
Classy.

So you think the vaccine is responsible for what, exactly? The actual occurance of cancer, or the aggressive speed at which it killed her? How exactly do you make this connection between the two?
Yes, it causes cancer that grows like crazy.

Talk to people who work in the field. They see it a lot now.

The MSM will never report on it since they are bought and paid for by Pfizer and the like.
Of course it’s all a “conspiracy theory” so you have nothing to worry about.

She was a Yankee who moved to Houston when her husband got a teaching job there. Wanted to disarm white people, for one, backed a gun control bill.

On September 27, 2013, Jackson Lee introduced the Essential Transportation Worker Identification Credential Assessment Act (H.R. 3202; 113th Congress), a bill that would direct the United States Department of Homeland Security to assess the effectiveness of the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) program.[15] The bill would require an independent assessment of how well the TWIC program improves security and reduces risks at the facilities and vessels it is responsible for.[16]

In January 2019, The New York Times reported that Jackson Lee planned to resign as chair of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation. The move came in the wake of a lawsuit filed by a former staffer earlier in January that claimed the staffer was fired in retaliation for her planned legal action related to an alleged rape by a supervisor in 2015. The resignation came the day after the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence announced it would not support making Jackson Lee the lead sponsor of a law to reauthorize the federal Violence Against Women Act.[17] She also stepped down from her chairmanship of the House Judiciary subcommittee.[18]

On January 4, 2021, Jackson Lee introduced the Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act (H.R. 127; 117th Congress), a bill that expanded requirements for firearm licensing to every firearm and banned any ammunition of .50 caliber BMG or larger.[19]

In the 117th Congress (2021–2023), Jackson Lee voted with President Joe Biden's stated position 100 percent of the time, according to a FiveThirtyEight analysis.[20] Jackson Lee and Representative Lloyd Doggett became co-deans of Texas's congressional delegation in January 2023 after the retirement of Eddie Bernice Johnson.

Just another racist Kill Whitey!!! Democrat.
Good breakdown. Just another black rubber stamp for decrepit old white Democrats.

May God have mercy on her soul.

Forum List

Back