Report: Sinai terrorists target Arab-Israelis

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
An article published by the London-based Al-Sharq Al-Awasat newspaper suggests that terrorists in the Sinai Peninsula are planning to target Arab-Israelis as part of a larger plan to cause damage to the Sinai tourism industry and Egypt's economy in general.

The report quotes an "Israeli defense source" who claims to have highly credible information about a number of armed terror cells affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, al-Qaeda and even Hamas .

"They have come out of hiding to carry out terrorist attacks in an attempt to create anarchy in the Sinai Peninsula, to undermine the Egyptian army and avenge Morsi ouster," he said.

Report: Sinai terrorists target Arab-Israelis - Israel News, Ynetnews

------------

Such brotherly love between man and his brother, in the Arab nation. It's amazing and touching:doubt::cuckoo:

My impression was that this has little to do with politics within Egypt/Gaza/Israel. A friend of mine from the Negev has described the Sinai 'in the old days' as 'the Wild West'....

These 'terrorists' are primarily thugs who want no law enforcement to interfere with their smuggling, gun-running and - yes, really! - slaving operations. The greater the chaos, the less peace, the less law & order - the more money they make.

These are some of the same folks who've been caught kidnapping and torturing African refugees trying to sneak into Israel - sometimes after said refugees had paid them to be guided across the Sinai.

I doubt there's a 'political' goal for these thugs: it's more like 'our petro-billions at work'! : ((

An article published by the London-based Al-Sharq Al-Awasat newspaper suggests that terrorists in the Sinai Peninsula are planning to target Arab-Israelis as part of a larger plan to cause damage to the Sinai tourism industry and Egypt's economy in general.

The report quotes an "Israeli defense source" who claims to have highly credible information about a number of armed terror cells affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood, al-Qaeda and even Hamas .

"They have come out of hiding to carry out terrorist attacks in an attempt to create anarchy in the Sinai Peninsula, to undermine the Egyptian army and avenge Morsi ouster," he said.

Report: Sinai terrorists target Arab-Israelis - Israel News, Ynetnews

------------

Such brotherly love between man and his brother, in the Arab nation. It's amazing and touching:doubt::cuckoo:
I'm sure Iran, Palestinians like Hamas, and Hezbollah are sending in their terrorists now. This is what they do. Terror and murder is their specialty.

My impression was that this has little to do with politics within Egypt/Gaza/Israel. A friend of mine from the Negev has described the Sinai 'in the old days' as 'the Wild West'....

These 'terrorists' are primarily thugs who want no law enforcement to interfere with their smuggling, gun-running and - yes, really! - slaving operations. The greater the chaos, the less peace, the less law & order - the more money they make.

These are some of the same folks who've been caught kidnapping and torturing African refugees trying to sneak into Israel - sometimes after said refugees had paid them to be guided across the Sinai.

I doubt there's a 'political' goal for these thugs: it's more like 'our petro-billions at work'! : ((

You know what will be the best irony?

If at the end of the day it will be the Egyptian army who gets fed up with this thugs, attack them, and ends up being the one to teach those jihadists a lesson they don't forget.

At the end of it, we might see Gaza crying out for Israel to put an end to the "Egyptian aggression!"
m0168.gif

I don't think the Egyptian Military are that interested though, remember they sat around yawning and twiddling their thumbs watching the terrorists attack Embassies and burn Churches.

HG - You're not suggesting the Egyptian military considers non-Muslims less worthy of their protection, I hope?

Forum List

Back