Republican controlled South Carolina Senate and House votes to remove Confederate flag

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
The South Carolina Republican Party controls eight of the nine statewide offices and holds large majorities in the South Carolina Senate and the South Carolina House of Representatives. And now the Republican governor will sign the bill to remove the flag.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — The South Carolina House approved a bill removing the Confederate flag from the Capitol grounds, a stunning reversal in a state that was the first to leave the Union in 1860 and raised the flag again at its Statehouse more than 50 years ago to protest the civil rights movement.

The move early Thursday came after more than 13 hours of passionate and contentious debate, and just weeks after the fatal shootings of nine black church members, including a state senator, at a Bible study in Charleston.

"South Carolina can remove the stain from our lives," said 64-year-old Rep. Joe Neal, a black Democrat first elected in 1992. "I never thought in my lifetime I would see this."

South Carolina House approves bill removing Confederate flag - Yahoo News

The South Carolina Republican Party controls eight of the nine statewide offices and holds large majorities in the South Carolina Senate and the South Carolina House of Representatives. And now the Republican governor will sign the bill to remove the flag.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — The South Carolina House approved a bill removing the Confederate flag from the Capitol grounds, a stunning reversal in a state that was the first to leave the Union in 1860 and raised the flag again at its Statehouse more than 50 years ago to protest the civil rights movement.

The move early Thursday came after more than 13 hours of passionate and contentious debate, and just weeks after the fatal shootings of nine black church members, including a state senator, at a Bible study in Charleston.

"South Carolina can remove the stain from our lives," said 64-year-old Rep. Joe Neal, a black Democrat first elected in 1992. "I never thought in my lifetime I would see this."

Another good reason I fired the Republican Party years ago

-Geaux

-Geaux
You have a problem with a state going thru the legal process to do something?

-Geaux
You have a problem with a state going thru the legal process to do something?
Nope

What should have been done after the south was beaten and whipped 150 years ago was to outlaw all symbols of the confederacy like was done by germany in outlawing all symbols of nazi-ism including the swastika .Now what we a finally seeing is the white trash losers being stipped of their symbols on government property .

Good.

Its been up in SC since 1961 when the DEMOCRATS voted to fly it here.

1961 Democrats raised it.
2015 Republicans lower it.

Democrat racial politics need to be purged.

What should have been done after the south was beaten and whipped 150 years ago was to outlaw all symbols of the confederacy like was done by germany in outlawing all symbols of nazi-ism including the swastika .Now what we a finally seeing is the white trash losers being stipped of their symbols on government property .
I agree. That would have solved that entire problem of Democrats, the KKK, etc......:badgrin:

Good.

Its been up in SC since 1961 when the DEMOCRATS voted to fly it here.

1961 Democrats raised it.
2015 Republicans lower it.

Democrat racial politics need to be purged.

Yep, the state has the GOP to thank for this day.

Yep. If so....then DEMOCRATS couldnt have raised it in SC in 1961.

Hey, Guano...

You may be on to something here....

The Nazi party was banned in Germany after WWII. Maybe we should get on the ball and ban the Democrats, since they lost the Civil War!!!:badgrin:

Hey, Guano...

You may be on to something here....

The Nazi party was banned in Germany after WWII. Maybe we should get on the ball and ban the Democrats, since they lost the Civil War!!!:badgrin:

I agree. Shouldnt the big blue D and mule be banned....since it raised the confederate flag? Guno?

^ that

Its like sporting butt hurt avies (like Stephanie does) for YEARS AFTER taking spankings at the ballot box TWICE. It serves no purpose.

guno

They'll blame it on liberals tho...its the only play they have

Well....Democrats did raise the rebel flag.
whom all turned Repub after the 1964 Civil Rights Act passed. :thup:

FAIL

Well....Democrats did raise the rebel flag.

Is that the reason why repubs are crying that its being taking down?

just great, we'll get to see more of the left having orgasms like they did with the ruling on Homosexual marriage. they love when they are for BANNING things and they think they have they won

BUT....don't ya dare talk of banning ABORTIONS which actually DOES cause harm to not only a potential human being/their offspring they created: but to the women too

The LIBS put the flag up, the Republicans took it down, dumbass.

Yeah, So I guess you are happy that they did while the other half of the republican party is upset they took it down.

Forum List

Back