Republican controlled South Carolina Senate and House votes to remove Confederate flag

Good.

Its been up in SC since 1961 when the DEMOCRATS voted to fly it here.

1961 Democrats raised it.
2015 Republicans lower it.

Democrat racial politics need to be purged.

Yep, the state has the GOP to thank for this day.
so you're upset w/ the SC GOP? Is that the purpose of your thread?

The purpose was to beat Goono to the punch that the S.C. House had also voted to remove the flag. He's so obsessed about the fucking flag, and he has already posted about 15 threads on it. I wanted to get one started before him so that the truth gets reported that it's the GOP that runs everything and the ones responsible for making this day possible.

Republican gives fiery speech for removing flag.

Mail60

Jenny Horne delivers emotional speech stirring Confederate flag vote

Dylan StablefordSenior editorJuly 9, 2015

Associated Press VideosEmotions High During SC Confederate Flag Debate

A Republican House member made an emotional appeal to bring down the Confederate flag from the South Carolina Statehouse, saying anything less is an insult to the family of a slain Charleston legislator. (July 8)

Following a contentious debate that lasted more than 13 hours, the South Carolina House voted in the wee hours of Thursday to approve a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate flag from the Statehouse grounds. But it was a fiery four-minute speech by Rep. Jenny Horne, a Republican state representative and descendant of Confederate President Jefferson Davis, that is being credited with moving her fellow lawmakers to agree to take it down.

“I cannot believe that we do not have the heart in this body to do something meaningful, such as take a symbol of hate off these grounds on Friday!” Horne shouted through tears from the House floor.

The debate came just weeks after the shootings at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, S.C., where nine black church members, including S.C. State Sen. Clementa Pinckney, were killed during a Bible study session. The alleged gunman, Dylann Roof, was seen waving Confederate flags in photos posted to social media before the rampage.

Jenny Horne delivers emotional speech stirring Confederate flag vote

Well geez, I disagree with the SC GOP. That's like depriving Scandinavian people living in the US of their Lefse. Living in Minnesota with it's huge Scandinavian population, I'd fear for my life.

Well geez, I disagree with the SC GOP. That's like depriving Scandinavian people living in the US of their Lefse. Living in Minnesota with it's huge Scandinavian population, I'd fear for my life.

Regardless, Governor will be signing the bill.

The South Carolina Republican Party controls eight of the nine statewide offices and holds large majorities in the South Carolina Senate and the South Carolina House of Representatives. And now the Republican governor will sign the bill to remove the flag.

They'll blame it on liberals tho...its the only play they have

Well....Democrats did raise the rebel flag.
whom all turned Repub after the 1964 Civil Rights Act passed. :thup:

FAIL
You know as well as I that the idiots pretending that the Republicans gave a damn about Black people or Civil Rights are playing a word game...
Why waste your breath???

Now that it's official, that the flag is coming down, can southerners count on northerners and or libs to stop trying to control their lives and culture ?

I won't hold my breath.

Make a list and remember to vote the traitors and carpetbaggers OUT of office when they come up for re election. :) Funny how they don't follow the law actually. The LAW states that the africoon and confederate monuments either both stay up or BOTH must come down....but that would be racisssss

I would love to see those Republicans lose their offices in the next election. Turn the entire state Democrat for 4-8 years as a reminder that elected officials serve the CITIZENS not the other way around.

Yeah I guess they now want the Lee statue taken down. Leave it up to libs, and pretty soon they'll be demanding America be given back to the natives.

I would love to see those Republicans lose their offices in the next election. Turn the entire state Democrat for 4-8 years as a reminder that elected officials serve the CITIZENS not the other way around.

Why would they? Do the Republicans like the Confederate flag or something?

Make a list and remember to vote the traitors and carpetbaggers OUT of office when they come up for re election. :) Funny how they don't follow the law actually. The LAW states that the africoon and confederate monuments either both stay up or BOTH must come down....but that would be racisssss
"coon..."...real funny.
Now you can laugh almost as hard as I am laughing at the asshurts that are crying about that traitorous shitty flag being taken to a trash heap...

Forum List

Back