Republican U.S. Representative Issa of California to retire

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Republican U.S. Representative Issa of California to retire - statement

Another one bites the dust--what is with all these Republican lawmakers retiring? Could they be reading the handwriting on the wall?

U.S. Representative Darrell Issa, who as head of the House of Representatives' Oversight Committee pursued the investigation of American deaths in Benghazi, Libya, said on Wednesday he would not seek re-election in November.

"Throughout my service, I worked hard and never lost sight of the people our government is supposed to serve. Yet with the support of my family, I have decided that I will not seek re-election in California's 49th District," he said in a statement.

Issa is from one of the 23 congressional districts won by Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election that are currently held by Republicans, who are now considered vulnerable in November congressional elections.

#BREAKING: Darrell Issa to announce retirement from Congress: Report Darrell Issa announces retirement from Congress at the end of 2018
GOP tax overhaul passes House with help from a dozen California Republicans, even some facing tough reelection battles..

BmqkH8pCIAAGMJR.jpg

:eusa_think: Guess he wants to move to a none personal tax state Full-Time?
As he screwed over his district and won't get reelected. Dang!?
This Tax Cut SCAM BS is so loved by the 96%American peoples, that really get little benefits and goes away in 5 years. No GOP wants to defend it.
Why is that?

btw:

You can still add treason to the list as he been covering up the Great Douche Russian Connections to con America that won an election with Russia help. That The Great Douche was running a Money making Scam as it wanted to lose and Profit off DOPers!

btw2:
Yes, the above list is really true.
House Investigator Issa Has Faced Allegations As Well

Last edited:
Same as a few others, Hatch, and several. They are off for the big bucks now. They can rest and sit pretty, Issa got his start stealing autos.

Another one bites the dust--what is with all these Republican lawmakers retiring? Could they be reading the handwriting on the wall?

U.S. Representative Darrell Issa, who as head of the House of Representatives' Oversight Committee pursued the investigation of American deaths in Benghazi, Libya, said on Wednesday he would not seek re-election in November.

"Throughout my service, I worked hard and never lost sight of the people our government is supposed to serve. Yet with the support of my family, I have decided that I will not seek re-election in California's 49th District," he said in a statement.

Issa is from one of the 23 congressional districts won by Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election that are currently held by Republicans, who are now considered vulnerable in November congressional elections.
He's from marxistfornia....he knew he was going to lose so its better to just retire,let the party spend money on winnable races rather than trying to save a dying state.

He's from marxistfornia....he knew he was going to lose so its better to just retire,let the party spend money on winnable races rather than trying to save a dying state.
Well..he did win 4 terms..and was/is one of the most influential voices in the GOP House. So...even if his district votes in another R--which it probably will--as it is a very Red district--while they did vote for Clinton, Issa was well-liked-his seniority is lost.

Democrats have no platform, no integrity, they are only interested in a self-perpetuating paradigm of existence. They would let America be overrun by hordes of freeloaders just for the votes necessary for survival as a political party.

Democrats have no platform, no integrity, they are only interested in a self-perpetuating paradigm of existence. They would let America be overrun by hordes of freeloaders just for the votes necessary for survival as a political party.

You saw Trump waffle on immigration, right?

Neither party has much of a viable platform, one party is about hate and the other party opposes it, that's about as deep as it goes right now.

I just took a look, and Issa won his last election by only 1621 votes.

So Applegate will probably give it another shot.

You saw Trump waffle on immigration, right?

Neither party has much of a viable platform, one party is about hate and the other party opposes it, that's about as deep as it goes right now.
bullshit......the wall is coming.....God you guys really hate it......and I love that

Well..he did win 4 terms..and was/is one of the most influential voices in the GOP House. So...even if his district votes in another R--which it probably will--as it is a very Red district--while they did vote for Clinton, Issa was well-liked-his seniority is lost.
Maybe he is tired? How old is he? Not ALL politicians want to waste their lives in office.
In the 2016 election, Darrell Issa won by a margin of less than 1 percentage point.

Probably gonna go blue...Marxistfornia is a lost cause

Democratic megadonor Tom Steyer announced this week that he plans to spend $30 million on flipping House seats, singling out Issa as a top target.

Leftist clown is targeting Issa who lost by less than 1% in 2016....its time to retire on top...let the cesspool collapse.

The Cook Partisan Voting Index rates that district as only an R +1, so without Republican incumbency advantage, that could be a good prospect for a Dem flip in this environment.

It is not a very red district. It is even and in this environment can easily swing to the Democrats

California's 49th congressional district - Wikipedia

It is not a very red district. It is even and in this environment can easily swing to the Democrats

California's 49th congressional district - Wikipedia
Fair enough...been some changes over years...sucks for the R's, I guess.

I just took a look, and Issa won his last election by only 1621 votes.

So Applegate will probably give it another shot.

Across 50 states, there are some 33 GOP house seats won by 1-3%.
Interesting future to see in 2018. I would think all GOP seats in all
Blue to lean red will flip to the dems.

he isnt that well liked....the guy is a jerk....

Forum List

Back