🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans and Actors

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT

I have no wish to irritate the Republicans here, but I've been thinking about this for a few years-

Though their dislike for Hollywood is well known, Republicans seem to enjoy electing actors to public office. B - movie actor Ronald Reagan, reality TV host Donald Trump, and actor / singer Sonny Bono come to mind. Though Reagan was once Governor of California, neither Reagan, Trump or Bono showed much interest in actually governing, choosing instead to make speeches and getting their photos in the newspapers and on the internet. Could it happen again? Could Howard Stern, Kim Kardashian, Queen Latifah, Steven Seagal, Martha Stewart, or Tyra Banks run on the Republican ticket and get elected as a governor or president? I'd say the odds are better than 50/50. Thoughts?

THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT

I have no wish to irritate the Republicans here, but I've been thinking about this for a few years-

Though their dislike for Hollywood is well known, Republicans seem to enjoy electing actors to public office. B - movie actor Ronald Reagan, reality TV host Donald Trump, and actor / singer Sonny Bono come to mind. Though Reagan was once Governor of California, neither Reagan, Trump or Bono showed much interest in actually governing, choosing instead to make speeches and getting their photos in the newspapers and on the internet. Could it happen again? Could Howard Stern, Kim Kardashian, Queen Latifah, Steven Seagal, Martha Stewart, or Tyra Banks run on the Republican ticket and get elected as a governor or president? I'd say the odds are better than 50/50. Thoughts?

Segal would more likely run in Russia. The rest wouldn't be taken seriously.

No more reality stars/celebrities with no government experience please. Republicans have plenty of good options that actually know how to govern like Haley, Kasich, Cruz, Romney, etc.

Forum List

Back