🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans Spit on the Constitution

134 House Republicans spit on the Constitution and voted with Obama's Police State and NSA Spying.

All 134 must be primaried out of office -- every one. I cannot imagine a clearer, brighter line than the one that protects citizens from a Tyrannical government that the one enumerated in the Bill of Rights.

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." -- Thomas Jefferson

Now is the time

House passes defense spending bill, rejects effort to cut off NSA surveillance program | Fox News

As the world gets smaller national defense and geopolitics moves closer to home. Indeed, I believe this to be unconstitutional, but I suppose the ACLU is currently working the courts with that? The problem is that every other country is jumping off of this bridge and for us to wait would put us as the last ones to hit the ground. To not have this program is to grant it exclusively to our enemies and fall behind.

Seriously??

134 House Republicans spit on the Constitution and voted with Obama's Police State and NSA Spying.

All 134 must be primaried out of office -- every one. I cannot imagine a clearer, brighter line than the one that protects citizens from a Tyrannical government that the one enumerated in the Bill of Rights.

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." -- Thomas Jefferson

Now is the time

House passes defense spending bill, rejects effort to cut off NSA surveillance program | Fox News

As the world gets smaller national defense and geopolitics moves closer to home. Indeed, I believe this to be unconstitutional, but I suppose the ACLU is currently working the courts with that? The problem is that every other country is jumping off of this bridge and for us to wait would put us as the last ones to hit the ground. To not have this program is to grant it exclusively to our enemies and fall behind.

Seriously??

Oh, now that you've explained it so clearly I've changed my mind. Is that the reply you were trying to incite by posting that? Or did you just skip by everything else I posted justifying my claim?

Last edited:
It's not clear and it's not bright and it's not a line. The NSA spying is a complicated issue tied to National Security and a simple amendment to an appropriations bill isn't going to fix poor leadership from the administration.

How the fuck is listening to everyone phone calls, emails and credit card purchases tied to "National Security"????????????

The interesting thing with the overgrown state - it begins to see liberty as the principle threat to its security.

I agree w/ the NYT piece- the FISA Court is a secret paralell supreme court akin to the star chamber of yore. I say axe it. I believe that a majority of the 11 judges are Republican appointees as well which makes it even more nefarious in this Progressive's eyes.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/u...oadens-powers-of-nsa.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

This has always confused me. How does it work? How do you appeal a descision you never knew took place? How do you make an arguement against information your not privy too?

Last edited:

Now is the time

There is a reasonable reason that reasonable people on both sides of the aisle are supporting this, and that is because they see it as a necessity if we are to properly process as much information as we can in order to protect ourselves from the many threats we face. That being said, I imagine that most of these representatives also want substantial oversight over such programs.

When Obama ran in 2008 and so many Dems were outspoken against the Bush administration due to what was considered illegal wiretapping, I said that once Obama was elected, he would continue with these programs as he saw the need for them.

Now is the time

There is a reasonable reason that reasonable people on both sides of the aisle are supporting this, and that is because they see it as a necessity if we are to properly process as much information as we can in order to protect ourselves from the many threats we face. That being said, I imagine that most of these representatives also want substantial oversight over such programs.

When Obama ran in 2008 and so many Dems were outspoken against the Bush administration due to what was considered illegal wiretapping, I said that once Obama was elected, he would continue with these programs as he saw the need for them.

It sucks for me as I attempt to comment on something I know nothing about though I am sure there are people who are seeing this on a level of which goes beyond the scope of all civilian sides of this arguement. How much do you trust your government I guess? If that is the bar were screwed.

Hyperbolic nonsense.

They were obeying the will of the people and those whom they represent.

The American people are responsible for the existence of the surveillance programs, not Congress, the president, or the courts.
Your statist apologist hack stupidity truly has no frontiers.

He's right, in a sense. After the initial powers were granted under Bush, the american people should have voted out everyone who voted for it, sending a clear message that it wouldn't be tolerated. But instead, the idiot populace voted most of them back into power, sending the message that we approve of what they're doing.

Now is the time

They should have been run out for supporting re-authorization of USAPATRIOT and NDAA.

But they weren't, and they won't be voted out for this either. The idiot populace are really predictable, and politicians know it. Outside of election seasons the people scream "vote out all the incumbents"! But as soon as election season rolls around the screams change to "We can't let that other party win", and all past transgressions are forgiven in favor of party politics..

Now the socons and the neo-cons and the corporatists are out in the open, arguing as right wing progressive statists for big government solutions in their pet areas.

Now is the time

They should have been run out for supporting re-authorization of USAPATRIOT and NDAA.

But they weren't, and they won't be voted out for this either. The idiot populace are really predictable, and politicians know it. Outside of election seasons the people scream "vote out all the incumbents"! But as soon as election season rolls around the screams change to "We can't let that other party win", and all past transgressions are forgiven in favor of party politics..

That's the way it's been for a long while. But things change.

Forum List

Back