Request 3 Signers from All 50 States:

Would you explain how taxpayer money was used to destroy this district and why reparations would be owed?

Hi Vel thank you for asking. I tried 3 time to answer but keep getting interrupted. Here is a summary of some points,
but I need more time to explain in detail how to trace it to taxpayer money and the corrections needed. These are some of the contested acts of destruction.

The entire history has a whole string of incidents in a continuing pattern of exclusion. Because the competing interests are careful to go through lawyers, most of these actions can be argued as legal, and it would take extensive legal action to research the contracts that were violated and most law firms cannot afford to take on a case especially against government immunity which was abused in these cases; the community interested in preservation only has limited resources and cannot spend those fighting a bigger bully.

The most clear-cut incidents on record include:

(1) The City gave $3.4 million in taxpayers money to a bogus nonprofit group (that was later exposed to have conflicts of interest with the mayor, and later disbanded claiming bankruptcy) which bought up land and destroyed historic homes; while the City claims they have no money to give to a VALID nonprofit that only needed $100,000 down to save the last 10 historic homes. The bogus nonprofit did not fulfill their contract, and was reported to the Attorney General, but nothing was ever done to pursue the corrections. We are still asking for time to use Black History Month to ask people nationwide to help the nonprofits raise the money to buy the last houses; but the City is prematurely removing the houses before we can ask. They are not treating the profit and nonprofit interests equally, which is not illegal, but I believe it violates the 14th Amendment right to equal protection of interests and the Code of Ethics to favor one private business interest over another by discrimination, which would have to be proven because the business interests were masked under a nonprofit that disbanded, and again, the community nonprofit does not have equal legal defense.

(2) Federal state and city authority was abused to evict the residents from public housing in 1996, which effectively censored the plans to restore all 1,000 units as a sustainable campus. Instead the officials committed perjury in court by falsely testifying (a) there were no gravesites under the complex (b) demolishing 2/3 would not affect the historic significance (c) the residents were blocking renovation when in fact they were defending restoration that would have cost taxpayers less money and served more of the population than the plans for demolition which censored the residents' plans. I argue that this abuse of govt authority and resources effectively violated the right of the community peaceably to assemble to petition and to defend their equal protection of interests and beliefs in restoration and sustainable plans, that better meet Constitutional and govt ethical standards.

so it cost taxpayers' more money -- I think it was estimated at $25 million more in taxes spent to demolish buildings and replace them rather than restore the existing ones which were already recognized and registered as nationally historic (and EASILY qualified for funding to preserve instead of wasting more HUD money that could have been spent building more houses elsewhere instead of destroying these) -- and caused irreversible damage that either cannot be repaired or will cost millions if not billions if this were pursued legally.

(3) the Federal Reserve building also has a history of conflicts in contracts and private profits affecting taxpayers, directly or indirectly. The land was sold at a loss by the county to a private developer (costing county taxpayers in the millions) then flipped to the Fed at a profit estimated around 10 million, which you can consider a cost passed on to taxpayers on some level. Not only was a historic hospital demolished that could have been restored to save taxpayer dollars, but there were historic burials removed from the site, which the community and churches fought to preserve to prevent any further disruption or destruction of the history. How can you repair those level of damages? The cost would be immeasurable, so they don't count when you don't have lawyers to argue in court.

The problem with pursuing ethics violations and conflicts of interest is that these have to be shown legally; and many of these conflicts were masked (such as by laundering property through a nonproft or private entity
before selling to the govt to bypass federal laws on preservation) so they can be argued as legal.

These are just a handful of examples, there is a whole history of damages stacked on top of damages. Because it has gone off the scale, people quit counting so it has never been addressed. If the govt has no money to pay all the damages caused, most lawyers cannot afford to take this on. We are meeting with some legal groups but I am asking for mediation to assess the damages and work together to fix them because we can't afford the time, expense or damage to relations from legal conflicts, only open negotiations to reach an agreement by freely informed consent. So I am asking to save the 10 houses and build a campus around them with residential and commercial dvelopment that would generate funds, to invest forward in historic preservation and sustainable education to save taxpayers resources in the future. All I ask is to recognize the right of the people to assemble and to petition, for democratic due process and equal protection of interests (instead of violating these by bullying by exclusion, which again is not illegal unless you can prove something tangible in court) and together we can set up sustainable plans that can fund all the work to be done. Instead of continuing to violate these rights and destroying more property, where the community cannot break out of poverty by developing the plans to earn the revenue to restore the history on a sustainable basis. So this false dependency on govt would continue until all is destroyed; I'm asking to prevent and correct that, instead of teaching it is legal to abuse govt to violate "inalienable" rights by having more money to defend one's actions legally while violating others who don't. I don't agree that is legal, but that is what people are teaching!

I don't know how you can measure the longterm damages, not only to national history which has relative value and can never be replaced once it's destroyed,
but to continue the political dependency and poverty, where taxpayers will continue to pay for people on welfare because the historic plans to reform that were censored.
The damages can't be fully assessed in terms of cost, so I'm just asking to defend the community's plans to restore and develop the property to solve these problems and save taxpayers money from here on.

NOTE: Important:
Even if people don't believe the govt or anybody owes damages or corrections for this, that's fine.
I DO.
So I believe I have the right to ask for help to seek corrections for damages I believe were in violation of Constitutional equal protections and the Code of Ethics for Govt Service.
Even if these arguments don't stand up under law per se,
the fact I BELIEVE the abuse happened against the spirit of the laws, and BELIEVE I have responsibilities to fix them as an American citizen,
I BELIEVE I have that right to pursue a correction plan by the First Amendment religious freedom and 14th Amendment equal protection of the law.

i don't think people can argue against that because that's my religious belief in Restorative Justice.
You don't have to fund it but please don't block it by destroying the property needed to set up a longterm plan for corrections and restitution.
That's my personal argument if the others don't stand up in court because the statutes have run out. I still have rights to ask for help for correctionsn voluntarily if the govt won't protect these mandatorily.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back