Restoring Honor Rally

I can't but I know some people who are. I think it should be a kinda cool day.... but not as cool as the 'I have a dream' thing.

"I have a dream THING". Are you being condescending or sincere? It reads as if you are being condenscending. Please excuse me if I have read it incorrectly.

Since MLK ranks as one of my "All Time Top 5 Americans", figure it out for yourself.

THE Arthur Brooks study

Arthur Brooks writes: "When it comes to giving or not giving, conservatives and liberals look a lot alike. Conservative people are a percentage point or two more likely to give money each year than liberal people, but a percentage point or so less likely to volunteer [citing the 2002 General Social Survey (GSS) and the 2000 Social Capital Community Benchmark Survey (SCCBS)]". (pp. 21-22)

So, according to THE Arthur Brooks study: conservatives believe in the giving of mammon (money) and liberals believe in the giving of themselves.

So you can't win on one argument, you choose another. So what? Liberals volunteer more, I don't buy it , but ok.

Hey pea brain...if you don't 'buy' it, then YOUR assertion is invalid. Why? IT IS THE SAME STUDY...:lol::lol::lol:

I should have made myself clearer, my bad. What I'm not buying is the attempt at your
deflection from a discussion centered around donations by monetary means, to volunteering to pick up trash or ladle soup in a soup kitchen.

Oh, and Glenn Beck is probably the biggest asshole I have ever seen on TV, although Sean Hannity is a pretty large one too. Bill-O isn't far behind.

Well, I guess we all know what network YOU watch....cuz if you spent ANY time on MSNBC, you'd realize that Ed Schultz isn't only and asshole, he's a STUPID asshole...along with Keith and that other guy...what's his name...something Maddow.

well, i guess we all know what network YOU watch.. cuz if you spent ANY time on fox, you'd realize that Glen Beck isn't only and [sic] asshole, he's a STUPID asshole, along with Hannity and that other guy... what's his name... something Coulter.

Now go away or I shall mock you for a second time.

:cuckoo:

That was just mean... :clap2::clap2:

In other words, you can't deal with what he actually says so you resort to namecalling.

So Obama actually does have a deep seated hatred for white people? There is proof of this then...?

There you go again with the race thing..... Gawd get over it!

Why wont you answer the question..was beck "factual" when he said the president had a deep seated hatred for white people..

I know you hate this, but please stay on point and answer the question. Dont come back with I am trying to race bait. Beck said it. BECK SAID IT..back him up. IS THIS FACTUAL?

So Obama actually does have a deep seated hatred for white people? There is proof of this then...?

Why wont you answer the question..was beck "factual" when he said the president had a deep seated hatred for white people..

I know you hate this, but please stay on point and answer the question. Dont come back with I am trying to race bait. Beck said it. BECK SAID IT..back him up. IS THIS FACTUAL?

That was his opinion, it's as factual as any opinion you harbor.

So you can't win on one argument, you choose another. So what? Liberals volunteer more, I don't buy it , but ok.

Hey pea brain...if you don't 'buy' it, then YOUR assertion is invalid. Why? IT IS THE SAME STUDY...:lol::lol::lol:

I should have made myself clearer, my bad. What I'm not buying is the attempt at your
deflection from a discussion centered around donations by monetary means, to volunteering to pick up trash or ladle soup in a soup kitchen.

Oh, so throwing money at it is more noble than giving of your personal time and effort? In WHOSE book?

YOU are the one trying to use deflection.

Matthew 6:1-4
Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven "So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 25:41-45
Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'

What's the difference? Time is money. And this may come as a surprise to staunch capitalist conservatives, but MONEY doesn't automatically guarantee happiness.

That was his opinion, it's as factual as any opinion you harbor.

so in other words, he can say ANYTHING...ANYTHING... and get away with it because its his opinion. Now I am confused, someone else in this thread said he says facts, now your saying he says his opinion. Which is it? :)

At least DR Martin Luther King Jr's family support Glenn Beck's Restoring Honor rally.

YouTube - Glenn Beck Talks With Dr. Elveda King - August 26, 2010

They do?

No, just one niece. Someone closer to his feelings is his son. I like what he says more so than this niece. What he says is, Beck is the antithesis of his father. You see, his father was for social justice, Beck says being for social justice makes you un american.

Last edited:
I can't but I know some people who are. I think it should be a kinda cool day.... but not as cool as the 'I have a dream' thing.

"I have a dream THING". Are you being condescending or sincere? It reads as if you are being condenscending. Please excuse me if I have read it incorrectly.

Since MLK ranks as one of my "All Time Top 5 Americans", figure it out for yourself.

Even though he was against the vietnam war? Good for you then.

No, just one niece. Someone closer to his feelings is his son. I like what he says more so than this niece. What he says is, Beck is the antithesis of his father. You see, his father was for social justice, Beck says being for social justice makes you un american.

MLK was for equal justice, not social justice.

Forum List

Back