🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Retired NFL players trying to ruin the game?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
A class action suit alleges that the NFL doesn't do enough to prevent concussions. Isn't a multi-million dollar contract enough to cure a headache? If the whiners keep it up it will be the death of Football across the board from Pro down to High School.

Yep, I agree. These guys go through the equivalent of a car wreck every Sunday during football season and we're supposed to believe they didn't know the risks when they signed up?

Yep, I agree. These guys go through the equivalent of a car wreck every Sunday during football season and we're supposed to believe they didn't know the risks when they signed up?

That ruling/agreement is consistant with just about all labor claims of injury and management/ownership responsibility.

L and I settles on the job injury claims similar to this almost every day.

You cannot sign away your right to safe employment.

I know it sounds odd that people who smash into other people for a living have a right to expect safety in the workplace but like I said it is not an unreasonable expectation legally.

The only way possible to relieve liability could be to make the players officially partners in the enterprise known as the NFL.

Last edited:
The difference is that individual NFL players are compensated as well as the gross revenue most small businesses and some corporations. Part of the reason that they are well compensated is the entertainment factor but surely they realize that getting hit is part of the package. If cheerleaders had problems with concussions they would have a case but surely NFL players have enough brain cells left after college to realize the compensation outweighs the risks.

Forum List

Back