Remember the good old days in the NFL before domed stadiums and artificial turf,when the game was fun to watch?

I remember watching back when the Browns had their own TV network, goal posts were "H's" and situated on the goal line. And Tommy McDonald out there playing without a facemask.

Yeah matter of fact the first Super Bowl with the chiefs and packers I watched recently shows the goalposts indeed situated on the goal line.the nfl was around a lot longer before the Super Bowl so hard to believe that went in fir decades.

LA RAM got thru a lot of words w/o saying Brady or Cheatriots or Bellicheator tuck rule or deflategate or spygate. Unless i missed it?
He’s come a long way baby.
LA RAM got thru a lot of words w/o saying Brady or Cheatriots or Bellicheator tuck rule or deflategate or spygate. Unless i missed it?

He’s come a long way baby.
leftwinger you forgot to add the item to thst list of Robert kraft having the refs in his pockets. :biggrin: Yeah I also saw tuckgate and thst Indeed led to them replacing dead Dal as Americas team.

Speaking of the refs the proof is in the pudding the game is far more corrupt now than it was back then.I been watching old NFL games from yesteryear from the 70’s and 80’s and something thst stands out is the refs were not corrupt back then as they are now.In close games as the niners and redskins game was in the nfc title game decided by a field goal I 1983 ,the refs let the PLAYERS decide the game of who the winner was.

Now you can’t turn on a playoff game anymore when the game is a close game where the refs decide it and the loser is always losing because they have to compete against the refs all the time which of course was ALWAYS the case for the losing team that had to face the patriot teams led by Tom Brady and Bill Belicheat all those years in the playoffs as you are well aware of.

I just now got reminded of this a few seconds ago about those good old days sense by accident,I came across the redskins and rams playoff game from 1983 before the game became corrupt as it is now.this is one way it has.

Me being a “LOS ANGELES” Rams fan of course I really love those good old days when the Rams were in LA so I tuned in to watch it.I remember that I so badly wanted to watch that game back then but was sad sense I had to miss it and I did not have a recorder at the time either so finally got to watch it for the first time ever all these years later.:)

The announcers for that game were none other than John Madden and Pat summerall,the best NFL combo announcers ever imo so that was quite a treat for me as well:thup:.John Madden mentioned whst I have said many times over the years on these boards including recently that it’s nice to watch a game the way it was meant to be played out on the grass in mud without a domed stadium and artificial turf.:thup::yes_text12::thankusmile:

that is one of the main reasons the game has been ruined today,this isn’t fucking basketball,that’s not how the game was meant to be played either fir good sakes.I’m okay with Houston having a dome stadium and Arizona and Vegas but that’s where it should end,NONE of the others should have one.the owners have ruined the game now,this is just one example how they have.:mad:

Buffalo is the latest team about to make the NFL much less enjoyable to watch being the latest to go indoors.fuck the NFL,give me these old classic games anyday of the year over the garbage we got to watch now.that’s all these asshole owners care about these days is shiny brand new state of the art stadiums over history and tradition,fuck the NFL.:fu:fuck the domes,give me the good old LA coliseum anyday of the year over their fucking. New domed state of the art facility.

The owners of course don’t give a shit about the fans,most Viking fans want an outdoor stadium but the owners don’t give a shit.just a matter of time before Chicago has one as well I’m sure
I just now got reminded of this a few seconds ago about those good old days sense by accident,I came across the redskins and rams playoff game from 1983 before the game became corrupt as it is now.this is one way it has.

Me being a “LOS ANGELES” Rams fan of course I really love those good old days when the Rams were in LA so I tuned in to watch it.I remember that I so badly wanted to watch that game back then but was sad sense I had to miss it and I did not have a recorder at the time either so finally got to watch it for the first time ever all these years later.:)

The announcers for that game were none other than John Madden and Pat summerall,the best NFL combo announcers ever imo so that was quite a treat for me as well:thup:.John Madden mentioned whst I have said many times over the years on these boards including recently that it’s nice to watch a game the way it was meant to be played out on the grass in mud without a domed stadium and artificial turf.:thup::yes_text12::thankusmile:

that is one of the main reasons the game has been ruined today,this isn’t fucking basketball,that’s not how the game was meant to be played either fir good sakes.I’m okay with Houston having a dome stadium and Arizona and Vegas but that’s where it should end,NONE of the others should have one.the owners have ruined the game now,this is just one example how they have.:mad:

Buffalo is the latest team about to make the NFL much less enjoyable to watch being the latest to go indoors.fuck the NFL,give me these old classic games anyday of the year over the garbage we got to watch now.that’s all these asshole owners care about these days is shiny brand new state of the art stadiums over history and tradition,fuck the NFL.:fu:fuck the domes,give me the good old LA coliseum anyday of the year over their fucking. New domed state of the art facility.

The owners of course don’t give a shit about the fans,most Viking fans want an outdoor stadium but the owners don’t give a shit.just a matter of time before Chicago has one as well I’m sure

Your post brings back great memories of growing up in San Diego and watching some of the Charger games of the old AFL league back in the 60's in Balboa Stadium.

Even though I'm a native of San Diego, I wasn't a big fan of the "team" but they had some great individual players, like Lance Alworth, Ron Mix, Walt Sweeney, Paul Lowe and Earnie Ladd. And the really cool thing is that before the league became full of what are now considered "mainstream celebrities", during the off season many of these guys were regular people, who had to get regular jobs during the off season to make ends meet.

I still remember how exciting it was to talk to and stand next to 6' foot 9 Earnie Ladd, while he was selling my dad a brand new Dodge at the lot where he sold cars in the off season.

Last edited:
And poor offensive tackles had to put up with Deacon Jones' perfectly legal head slaps..

In watching that old Rams Redskins playoff game from 1983 it showed a player tackling a guy gragging him by the neck and throwing him to the ground and no flag was thrown,incredible how they allowed that stuff back then,you do that now,not only is a personal foul called,you get kicked out of the game.

plus quarterbacks were thrown around like ragdolls back then,now they got skirts,REAL men played the game at quarterback back then,most the quarterbacks playing now would be willing to play under those conditions they played under.

plus quarterbacks were thrown around like ragdolls back then,now they got skirts,REAL men played the game at quarterback back then,most the quarterbacks playing now would be willing to play under those conditions they played under.
By 1976 they would at least access a roughing penalty for the more egregious physicality's. Back then as a Browns fan and seeing this play live on TV had me wondering, Joe "Turkey" Jones, what in the hell are you doing!

But worse off the medical attention back then wasn't particularly up to snuff.

By 1976 they would at least access a roughing penalty for the more egregious physicality's. Back then as a Browns fan and seeing this play live on TV had me wondering, Joe "Turkey" Jones, what in the hell are you doing!

In watching that old Rams Redskins playoff game from 1983 it showed a player tackling a guy gragging him by the neck and throwing him to the ground and no flag was thrown,incredible how they allowed that stuff back then,you do that now,not only is a personal foul called,you get kicked out of the game.

Meant to say here most quarterbacks would NOT be willing to play under those same conditions.

That’s why all this talk of brady being the greatest ever is garbage.he couldn’t even a take a tiny mere hit to the knee without going down for an entire year,the quarterbacks back then before that time that wore pigskins fir helmets they would laugh at what a wuss he is,he wouldn’t last one season back then.maybe not even one game.quarterbacks like Bart Starr,Len Dawson,Johnny Unitas they would be in heaven to play in this day and age where they got skirts on them.Montana would be the best in his era and same fir brady but enough of this all time greatest bullshit already.all those quarterbacks that played before 1976 for years were much better than them the punishment they took.no way in hell on the planet would todays quarterbacks be willing to go through the punishment they endured in those days,anybody that thinks so is kidding themselves.

I remember in the 80’s when they were calling Montana the greatest quarterback ever,I thought thst was a joke the way he never had to deal with those same kind of conditions johhny Unitas did,then I really laughed when they said the same thing about brady the fact he played in an era where they have skirts and defenses get thrown a yellow flag fir slightly touching a wide receiver. Brady is not even close to being the greatest ever,neither is Montana,that would be Johnny Unitas.neither of them would last one season in the NFL in the era he played.

That’s why all this talk of brady being the greatest ever is garbage.he couldn’t even a take a tiny mere hit to the knee without going down for an entire year,the quarterbacks back then before that time that wore pigskins fir helmets they would laugh at what a wuss he is,he wouldn’t last one season back then.maybe not even one game.quarterbacks like Bart Starr,Len Dawson,Johnny Unitas they would be in heaven to play in this day and age where they got skirts on them.Montana would be the best in his era and same fir brady but enough of this all time greatest bullshit already.all those quarterbacks that played before 1976 for years were much better than them the punishment they took.no way in hell on the planet would todays quarterbacks be willing to go through the punishment they endured in those days,anybody that thinks so is kidding themselves.

I remember in the 80’s when they were calling Montana the greatest quarterback ever,I thought thst was a joke the way he never had to deal with those same kind of conditions johhny Unitas did,then I really laughed when they said the same thing about brady the fact he played in an era where they have skirts and defenses get thrown a yellow flag fir slightly touching a wide receiver. Brady is not even close to being the greatest ever,neither is Montana,that would be Johnny Unitas.neither of them would last one season in the NFL in the era he played.
In talking more on this,here is a video of what im talking about of the old chiefs and raiders rivalry dating back to the old AFL days,the Lynn Dawson years. back then you could grab a quarterback by the neck and thrown them around like a a ragdoll.as you can see in this video,

. no way in hell would Montana or brady last one season in the NFL back then,Montana was very injury prone always getting hurt and we all know what a wuss Brady is as just discussed before,he wouldnt have even lasted ONE GAME in the NFL back then let alone one season.:auiqs.jpg:

Montana and Brady neither of them are REAL men.they are the biggest wusses on the planet especiallly Brady sense he played in an era where quarterbacks have skirts and could not even take a mere hit to the knee without going down for an entire year.total wuss.

Neither Montana and ESPECIALLY Brady would have ever agreed to play in the NFL back in those days,a day and age where players had to take on another job to make ends meet and were not paid several millions a year.

so enough of this bullshit that Montana was the greatest quarterback in his day and age and Brady was the best ever bullshit,give it a rest already.

NEITHER of them would have ever agreed to play in the NFL back then,you know it i know it so they are not even in the top 20 greatest quarterbacks ever. right Fiero425 :biggrin: neither of them ESPECIALLY Brady,are real men like Lynn Dawson and Johnny Unitas the greatest QB ever,.

Montana and Especially Brady could not carry the jock strap of Johnny Unitas or Lynn dawson or some of the other great quarterbacks that played back then.they were ALL better than both of them playing in MUCH more diffiicult circumstances.

Now Brett Farve unlike Montana and Brady,as much as i did not like him,i got to admit he WAS a real man.He was not a wuss like them and i think he WOULD have played in the NFL back then under those circumstances,he is old school.he once played in a game on a broken ankle. If you have ever had a broken ankle,you know how it is the most painful thing in the world to have.

Last edited:
no way in hell would Montana or brady last one season in the NFL back then,Montana was very injury prone always getting hurt and we all know what a wuss Brady is,he wouldnt have even lasted ONE GAME in the NFL back then let alone one season.

Nonsense
Todays QBs are bigger, stronger and faster than QBs in the 1960s and have better training and work out all year.

For Gods sake….Len Dawson used to smoke on the sideline

1709742541642.jpeg

Nonsense
Todays QBs are bigger, stronger and faster than QBs in the 1960s and have better training and work out all year.

For Gods sake….Len Dawson used to smoke on the sideline

View attachment 913079
According to the Woody Allen movie 'Sleeper", in a couple hundred of years they actually find out that smoking cigarettes is actually good for you.

According to the Woody Allen movie 'Sleeper", in a couple hundred of years they actually find out that smoking cigarettes is actually good for you.
I love how brady ass worshipper wrongwinger lives in denial what a wuss brady is how quarterbacks have skirts on them these days and flags are thrown on defenders for the slightest touch of receivers and especially quarterbacks.:auiqs.jpg: and don’t get tackled by the neck and thrown around like a ragdoll anymore which my2 cents pointed out those rules changed in 76.thanks for the good point my 2 cents. :thup: that’s WHY skirts have been put on quarterbacks for the past 20 y years or so is because they are bigger and stronger.,wrongwinger proves what a stupid fuck moron he is as always talking to me in the first person when I have not read a word of his babble he has said for at least ten years or so until now I only did so cause I was curious to what you were replying to.. :auiqs.jpg: Same with candyass.

Like Dawson smoking a cigerette changes the fact that Dawson got thrown around like a ragdoll horsecollared by the neck all the time and Brady was a total wuss unable to even take a mere hit to the knee from a helmet without going down for the whole year and most importantly,he played in an era where quarterbacks have skirts on them and yellow flags get thrown ESPECIALLY fir hits on brady,:abgg2q.jpg:none of his babble changes that fact.talk about a desperate Hail Mary. :auiqs.jpg: shit Dawson took so much far more abuse than that,he would have shrugged it off and gone out fir a series or two in been back in the huddle.

As always wrongwinger gets owned by me,:abgg2q.jpg:he needs to start a comedy club the way he talks to himself:auiqs.jpg:wuss bradywent to goddell and cried a river of tears to him fir the league to crack down on hits like that he is such a crybaby wuss and they of course bowed down to his wishes and changed them fir him.

Too bad the truth hurts Montana and especially brady would never have lasted one season in the days of Johnny Unitas the greatest quarterback ever or Dawson and the other real men querterbacks that played in that day without skirts on.:auiqs.jpg:and they would never be willing to play in thst day and age,now Brett FARVE,Farve unlike wuss montana and ESPECIALLY brady was tough and old school and HE would have been willing to nit being a wuss that Montana and especially brady was.

The whole world knows brady would never last one season back then or would be willing to play back then when quarterbacks did not have skirts on.

Last edited:
Adding further to this, folks our resident troll wrongwinger who loves talking to himself obviously, :auiqs.jpg: gives us comedy gold central as always with a lame duck Hail Mary that wuss brady who could not even take a mere small hit to the knee by a helmet without going down fir the year,:abgg2q.jpg:would be willing to play in the era that REAL men like Dawson did with a lame duck reply that players are bigger and faster now which doesn’t change the fact on my facts that quarterbacks the last twenty years have had skirts put on them and yellow flags get thrown if they even breath on quarterbacks now ESPECIALLY brady and thatrules were changed to protect quarterbacks even further after wuss brady went down from thst mere hit to the knee cause he cried like a baby to goddell to change those rules which goddel bowed down to brady the following year..:auiqs.jpg:

And somehow Dawson smoking a cigerette according to wrongwinger,somehow changes the fact that quarterbacks have skirts on them these days and can’t be thrown around like ragdolls anymore or horse collared which was the norm fir Dawson in his day. :abgg2q.jpg:

It’s so easy as always to own wrongwinger as always ,:auiqs.jpg:wuss brady cried to goddel to change the rules after that hit that put him down fir the year and stupid fuck here is trying to tell us the crybaby wuss would be willing to play in the era thst real men like Dawson did or thst he could carry the jockstrap of people like Dawson and Unitas,we can always count on comedy from our resident troll.:auiqs.jpg:major fail to disprove my facts brady is a wuss who would never want to play in that day and age of Dawson and is not even one of the top greatest ever.total fail. :auiqs.jpg:

But this is USMBs biggest troll unable to ever own up to being wrong so did anybody here seriously expect thst to change now,this fag has never even owned up to being wrong when he said the Rams would never come back to LA,that says it all right there.:auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
I love how brady ass worshipper wrongwinger lives in denial what a wuss brady is how quarterbacks have skirts on them these days and flags are thrown on defenders for the slightest touch of receivers and especially quarterbacks.:auiqs.jpg: and don’t get tackled by the neck and thrown around like a ragdoll anymore which my2 cents pointed out those rules changed in 76.thanks for the good point my 2 cents. :thup: that’s WHY skirts have been put on quarterbacks for the past 20 y years or so is because they are bigger and stronger.,wrongwinger proves what a stupid fuck moron he is as always talking to me in the first person when I have not read a word of his babble he has said for at least ten years or so until now I only did so cause I was curious to what you were replying to.. :auiqs.jpg: Same with candyass.

Like Dawson smoking a cigerette changes the fact that Dawson got thrown around like a ragdoll horsecollared by the neck all the time and Brady was a total wuss unable to even take a mere hit to the knee from a helmet without going down for the whole year and most importantly,he played in an era where quarterbacks have skirts on them and yellow flags get thrown ESPECIALLY fir hits on brady,:abgg2q.jpg:none of his babble changes that fact.talk about a desperate Hail Mary. :auiqs.jpg: shit Dawson took so much far more abuse than that,he would have shrugged it off and gone out fir a series or two in been back in the huddle.

As always wrongwinger gets owned by me,:abgg2q.jpg:he needs to start a comedy club the way he talks to himself:auiqs.jpg:wuss bradywent to goddell and cried a river of tears to him fir the league to crack down on hits like that he is such a crybaby wuss and they of course bowed down to his wishes and changed them fir him.

Too bad the truth hurts Montana and especially brady would never have lasted one season in the days of Johnny Unitas the greatest quarterback ever or Dawson and the other real men querterbacks that played in that day without skirts on.:auiqs.jpg:and they would never be willing to play in thst day and age,now Brett FARVE,Farve unlike wuss montana and ESPECIALLY brady was tough and old school and HE would have been willing to nit being a wuss that Montana and especially brady was.

The whole world knows brady would never last one season back then or would be willing to play back then when quarterbacks did not have skirts on.
Times change Skippy

Those modern QBs that you mock face Defensive specialists who are significantly stronger, faster and bigger than QBs in the 60s faced.

,Lynn Dawson and quarterbacks in his day and age,they took far more severe beatings than Montana or brady ever did being thrown around like ragdolls and it was normal to be grabbed by the collar and thrown around constantly where you do that now,you would be kicked out of the game and maybe even suspended the whole year,and they did not have skirts on them as they do now,yet this stupid fuck is throwing a desperate Hail Mary trying to convince us brady,who whined to goddel no less :abgg2q.jpg: to change the rules on quarterbacks after going down a whole year,would actually be willing to play in that day and age when real men like Dawson did.i just can’t make this shit up. :laughing0301:

Shit Dawson and quarterbacks like him in his era took so much far more abuse than quarterbacks have sense the 2000s not having skirts on them back then,that a mere hit to the knee by a helmet would just be a minor thing they would go to the sideline to take a few plays off and would be back in the game in no time flat and this stupid clown is trying to tell us he would be willing to play in thst era,? Sure he would and the Rams are still playing in St. Louis according to him.:auiqs.jpg:

That’s why you have quarterbacks now playing into their early and mid 40s these days because they where skirts and yellow flags get thrown if you even BREATH on a quarterback now ESPECIALLY if your name is Tom Brady.Montanas era wasn’t so easy in quarterbacks either,they at least let you hit them at the knee with a helmet.:abgg2q.jpg: I guarantee Montana wished he had that luxury to go whine to commissioner Pete rozelle and have himchange the rules fir quarterbacks the next year as do all the quarterbacks in Dawson era,they would be in heaven playing with a skirt on back then as all quarterbacks have sense at least the early 2000s.:auiqs.jpg::laughing0301:

Sure would like someone other than our resident paid trollboys wrongwinger and candyass adddress my last three posts,might get an intelligent reply if someone other than those two did unless it’s coach potatoe, or unkotore

hey fag boy wrongwinger and candyass,i found this picture of you two after you both started crying after i owned your ass and checkmated you on this thread that brady is not even one of the top 20 greatest quarterbacks of all time sense he is a wuss unable to take a mere hit to the knee without missing a whole year and then doing what YOU do here everyday,go cry about it crying to goddel to change that rule the next year to not hurt quarterbacks and brady played with a skirt on:auiqs.jpg:that mere tiny hit to the knee from a helmet is something that DAWSON and other quarterbacks in that era would have just gone to the sidelines to take just a few plays off before coming back in the fact they endured far more severe punishment than that,same as brett farve who unlike montana and ESPECIALLY brady,WOULD be willing to play in that day and age sense unlike those two WAS tough able to handle that kind of punishment right Fiero425

1709934241908.png

hey fag boy wrongwinger and candyass,i found this picture of you two after you both started crying after i owned your ass and checkmated you on this thread that brady is not even one of the top 20 greatest quarterbacks of all time sense he is a wuss unable to take a mere hit to the knee without missing a whole year and then doing what YOU do here everyday,go cry about it crying to goddel to change that rule the next year to not hurt quarterbacks and brady played with a skirt on:auiqs.jpg:that mere tiny hit to the knee from a helmet is something that DAWSON and other quarterbacks in that era would have just gone to the sidelines to take just a few plays off before coming back in the fact they endured far more severe punishment than that,same as brett farve who unlike montana and ESPECIALLY brady,WOULD be willing to play in that day and age sense unlike those two WAS tough able to handle that kind of punishment right Fiero425

View attachment 914247

Brady is the GOAT

Nobody else is even close

Forum List

Back