🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rick Perry; Flim-Flam Man!!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
February 13, 2013

Texas And California Spar

"Texas Governor Rick Perry's latest sales pitch to California businesses boils down to four words: Texas is no California.

The Republican governor hopes to tap into perennial discontent among some California businesses over the high taxes and welter of regulations that have helped California earn the title of the worst state for business for eight years running in an annual survey conducted by Chief Executive magazine."

Yeah.....THAT'LL help reel-in Californians....another REPUBLICAN Governor!!!!!!

249.gif

Makes ya' wonder why Texas is having so much TROUBLE, attracting businesses.
:eusa_eh:

Last edited:
hes a real baffoon.

I hope any of the people in cali who think texas is a better place to live than cali move right out and go to texas.

This state will function better with fewer fools

From the article:
Helped by low costs for labor, land, energy and housing, Texas has been the nation's jobs engine in recent years. Its jobless rate of 6.1 percent is the lowest of any big state, and well below the national average of 7.9 percent. Unemployment in California is 9.8 percent, down from over 12 percent in 2010 but still the third-highest rate of any state.
The OP is just flat wrong.

The only thing you Liberals can hope for in this situation is to have Communist/Authoritarian/Liberals to move to Texas and f*ck it all up just like they do every other place they live.

I hope more businesses move to Texas too. If there is one thing that California needs, it's more illegals and fewer businesses.

Gavin Newsom recently made a trip to Texas specifically to talk to businesses that have relocated. He came back sounding almost like a republican.

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/article/Why-Gavin-Newsom-went-to-Texas-2370840.php

Newsom made the trip with representatives of business groups and a delegation of Democratic and Republican legislators, but the harshest critics couldn't brook the trip's organizer, Assemblyman Dan Logue, R-Linda (Yuba County), key proponent of the failed Proposition 23, which would have suspended the state's environmental protection laws.
What could Newsom possibly learn from a union-unfriendly red state that has, according to the Texas Legislature, the highest percentage of uninsured children, that ranks "dead last" in the percentage of residents with high school diplomas and that suffers from a budget crisis as bad as California's, not to mention from some of the worst air and water pollution?
"I learned that Austin is opening a chamber of commerce office in Southern California," Newsom told about 100 business, public policy and media representatives Monday at a program hosted by the Public Policy Institute of California. That audacious move is the result of what Texas Gov. Rick Perry famously calls his "hunting trips" to recruit California businesses to come to Texas.
"A lot of folks in California are in denial about the economy in the state," Newsom said, rattling off daunting numbers (26 of the Golden State's 58 counties have a jobless rate of 15 percent or higher). "Behind those statistics are real suffering."

Yes it is true. A lot of folks in California are in denial. Complete denial.

do you have any idea how many latinos are small business people in Cali?

its like you people think only white republicans are entreprenures

Texas is not one of them

That is why they have to go shopping elswhere for the talent

Of course I do. They open up bridal shops, indoor swap meets and taco stands. They are self employed day laborers hanging out on street corners.

If those white republicans would just up and leave the state, preferably the country, California would be able to achieve it's dream of 100% poverty.

From the article:
Helped by low costs for labor, land, energy and housing, Texas has been the nation's jobs engine in recent years. Its jobless rate of 6.1 percent is the lowest of any big state, and well below the national average of 7.9 percent. Unemployment in California is 9.8 percent, down from over 12 percent in 2010 but still the third-highest rate of any state.

The only thing you Liberals can hope for in this situation is to have Communist/Authoritarian/Liberals to move to Texas and f*ck it all up just like they do every other place they live.

I'm getting the message that I have to spread more rep around before I can rep you again.

No problemo board rules, BUT cripes bang on the money post.

So even though I can't rep you..

:eusa_angel::eusa_angel::eusa_angel:

there you go.

:eusa_shhh:

Of course I do. They open up bridal shops, indoor swap meets and taco stands. They are self employed day laborers hanging out on street corners.

If those white republicans would just up and leave the state, preferably the country, California would be able to achieve it's dream of 100% poverty.

link? :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Cameron in Britain did the same.

And many French millionaires are leaving and moving to the UK.

Last edited:

racist

From the article:

"The number of Texas children who live in poverty has nearly quadrupled since 2007 — according to a new report by the Washington, D.C. based child advocacy group first focus. The child poverty rate in Texas is worse than the national average."

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

1. Bridal shops bring in big money. BIG MONEY.
2. I have never even heard of an indoor swap meet. Is that like a garage sale?
3. I worked in a taco stand in college. The guy that opened it also opened 3 others in the same town. He is a millionaire.

Forum List

Back