Ride With the Devil

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Ang Lees civil war western.
Ride with the Devil (1999) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

Quite enjoyed this, Its a bit more nuanced than most civil war films and shows the essential sickness at the heart of the confederate cause.

The raid on Lawrence is quite shocking but I dont think enough was made of the motivation behind it.

Maguire is an engaging lead and the rest of the cat do well. Rhys Mayers is the stand out as the psychotic Mackeson. Jewel looks nice but cant act for shit.

Its rare for a leading director to make a western these days and we shoud welcome this.

Quite enjoyed this, Its a bit more nuanced than most civil war films and shows the essential sickness at the heart of the confederate cause.

The raid on Lawrence is quite shocking but I dont think enough was made of the motivation behind it.

Maguire is an engaging lead and the rest of the cat do well. Rhys Mayers is the stand out as the psychotic Mackeson. Jewel looks nice but cant act for shit.

Its rare for a leading director to make a western these days and we shoud welcome this.

It always interesting all of the sympathetic movies about the democrats in the South during the Civil War.....since it was the democrat side that was fighting to keep slavery....and who went to war and left the union to do so.....

You would think that in this time of condemning past generations for past behavior, the South and the democrats would be the last group getting any kind of sympathy.

Can anyone name any movie about the Civil War that shows the democrats in a really bad light?

Outlaw Josey Wales...sympathetic to slave holding democrats.

Ride with the Devil...again, sympathetic...

That movie with Richard Gere...sympathetic....

I loved the raid on Lawrence. Best part of the whole movie. My favorite movie of that era is The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Forum List

Back