RINOs want to deny us choice

In 2020, the Democrats obviously had a brokered primary to get Bernie Sanders out of the top slot because they knew Bernie would not ever be President with his policies. If Trump runs in 2024, the GOP will likely at least attempt the same thing to where several contenders fall out of the race and unite behind the best sane alternative. The question then becomes whether the MAGA maniacs stay home in November 2024. The Bernie Battalion didn't in 2020.

Fox News gave Ryan $$$$$ and a board seat.

Ryan as speaker refused

Any spending cuts
Any spending on the wall

Ryan is a classic Zionist 911 w "Biden republican" cherished by foxnews.

I think that was true before he got the nomination in 2016.

Trump was in reality a third party candidate in the same vein as Ross Perot. But what he learned from Ross Perot is that third party guys never win. Not since when, the Bull Moose Party?

So Trump knew he had to take over the GOP to win. He knew - even if he new for the wrong reason - that the media would give him so much free publicity that he didn't need billionaire donors to back him. He also knew the power of social media at a time his opponents thought being on "Face the Nation" was the way to reach the voters.

He tapped into the working class, who the Democrats had long since abandoned in favor of foreign donors. He didn't even have to make up any new policies to appeal to them. He just used the same policies that Republicans always run on, but he recognized that they never follow through on any of them. What could the establishment Republicans say? "Ok, vote for us and this time we'll reallly do what we say?"

Unlike the Democrats, the Republican Party is the Republican voters. Right now, they are overwhelmingly Trump supporters. So, yeah. A RINO is a Republican who opposes Trump. Who else is opposing Trump but Democrats and RINO's?
Well, there's a lot of truth to all of that accept for one thing - Republican voters are a mix of Trump supporters and others. The presidency is not a dictatorship where you just bow down and be loyal to whatever Trump says and everyone else is a RINO. Trump currently has the support of about 55% of Republicans polled, which means that 45% of the Republicans polled support someone else, hardly enough to declare a dictatorship that voters must be loyal to. In other words, according to your definition, 45% of Republican voters themselves are RINOS. But, I appreciate you taking a good stab at the question. Kind of reminds me of the saying, "If everyone else jumps off the bridge, do you have to jump off the bridge too?". People need to be able to think for themselves instead of just being a cult member and jumping off the bridge just because everyone else jumped off the bridge.

Last edited:
And I thought this was a free country.

---RINO and Former Speaker Paul Ryan Says President Trump “Is Not Going to Be the Nominee” in 2024---

The Republican party has no obligation to endorse anyone they do not want to.

Trump can run as an Independent so if he refuses to run as anything but republican you can still write him in

So your choice or ability to vote for Trump is not at all impeded.

Sorry bout that,

1. Ryan defending the libtard mindset, they don't want Trump!
2. Trump will fix their wagon, which America wants to see him do it!
3. Trump will rub Ryan's nose in it when he wins!
4. I see dead RINO's this year, lots of em.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
“Dead RINOs”

People. These MAGA rats are serious about that kind of thing.

We can NOT afford to have that kind of crazy running our government.

We can not vote Republican for anything (dog catcher to President) because they are ALL forced to bend to the will of the crazy

And I thought this was a free country.

---RINO and Former Speaker Paul Ryan Says President Trump “Is Not Going to Be the Nominee” in 2024---

Fuck him. Even though I'm hoping for a new face, I want Trump to stay in the spotlight. If he runs again I'll zealously support him though.

Well, there's a lot of truth to all of that accept for one thing - Republican voters are a mix of Trump supporters and others. The presidency is not a dictatorship where you just bow down and be loyal to whatever Trump says and everyone else is a RINO. Trump currently has the support of about 55% of Republicans polled, which means that 45% of the Republicans polled support someone else, hardly enough to declare a dictatorship that voters must be loyal to. In other words, according to your definition, 45% of Republican voters themselves are RINOS. But, I appreciate you taking a good stab at the question. Kind of reminds me of the saying, "If everyone else jumps off the bridge, do you have to jump off the bridge too?". People need to be able to think for themselves instead of just being a cult member and jumping off the bridge just because everyone else jumped off the bridge.
Good point about the bridge. Except that supporting Trump is not objectively foolish like jumping off a bridge. Do you drink liquids and eat food or do you avoid them so as not to look like you're just following the crowd?

Supporting a Dem or a Rep who does not put America first nor want to make America great again is the equivalent of jumping off a bridge, but that is subjective.

Good point about the bridge. Except that supporting Trump is not objectively foolish like jumping off a bridge. Do you drink liquids and eat food or do you avoid them so as not to look like you're just following the crowd?

Supporting a Dem or a Rep who does not put America first nor want to make America great again is the equivalent of jumping off a bridge, but that is subjective.
It's trouble when total blind loyalty is expected and demanded, otherwise you get accused of not being a Republican. Like I said, 45% of Republican voters themselves support someone other than Trump.

In 2020, the Democrats obviously had a brokered primary to get Bernie Sanders out of the top slot because they knew Bernie would not ever be President with his policies. If Trump runs in 2024, the GOP will likely at least attempt the same thing to where several contenders fall out of the race and unite behind the best sane alternative. The question then becomes whether the MAGA maniacs stay home in November 2024. The Bernie Battalion didn't in 2020.
The crazy people on Prog school boards need to be killed. And if given mercy, quickly.

It's trouble when total blind loyalty is expected and demanded, otherwise you get accused of not being a Republican. Like I said, 45% of Republican voters themselves support someone other than Trump.
It's one thing to prefer another politician who is Republican. It's quite another to do so because you're jumping on the TDS bandwagon which is more like an ambulance to the loony bin.

The reason Trump is so hated is not because of his policies. They're the same secure the border, deregulate, lower taxes, restrict abortion goals that the GOP has included in its platforms since Reagan.

Trump really did those things as an outsider who did not bow to the establishment. Thus the establishment hates him but Republican voters love him.

It's one thing to prefer another politician who is Republican. It's quite another to do so because you're jumping on the TDS bandwagon which is more like an ambulance to the loony bin.

The reason Trump is so hated is not because of his policies. They're the same secure the border, deregulate, lower taxes, restrict abortion goals that the GOP has included in its platforms since Reagan.

Trump really did those things as an outsider who did not bow to the establishment. Thus the establishment hates him but Republican voters love him.
Sounds like you are accusing the 45% of having TDS, which is not the case. In fact, in most cases, most of these 45% do not have TDS. Blind loyalty is like a cult and cults are a bad thing. Yes, some do have TDS, such as Cheney.

Sounds like you are accusing the 45% of having TDS, which is not the case. In fact, in most cases, most of these 45% do not have TDS. Blind loyalty is like a cult and cults are a bad thing. Yes, some do have TDS, such as Cheney.
Not at all. I said that it's one thing to just prefer another politician over Trump. I could do that myself. If DeSantis campaign pledge is "Trump promised a wall. I'll build it as an emergency defense expense and no one will stop me," I'll thank Trump for his service and vote DeSantis.

As I said that's different than joining forces with Schiff and Task in to bring back the Uniparty we were ruled by pre-Trump

Not at all. I said that it's one thing to just prefer another politician over Trump. I could do that myself. If DeSantis campaign pledge is "Trump promised a wall. I'll build it as an emergency defense expense and no one will stop me," I'll thank Trump for his service and vote DeSantis.

As I said that's different than joining forces with Schiff and Task in to bring back the Uniparty we were ruled by pre-Trump
The 45% have not joined forces with Schiff.

45% are not a tiny group and they are not sucking up to demofazcists.
I'm sure I'm explaining this wrong. Give me one more chance, please.

You said:

Trump currently has the support of about 55% of Republicans polled, which means that 45% of the Republicans polled support someone else,

I'm assuming that's true for the sake of discussion. That 45% would include many DeSantis voters who would vote for Trump if not for DeSantis. It would also include many people who would prefer another Republican but who would vote for Trump if he is the nominee.

Those voters are not RINOs. They support the platforms that the GOP has promoted since Ronald Reagan, more than forty years. They just have whatever reason to prefer that DeSantis or someone else not Trump be the one to act on it.

The RINOs are the Republicans who hate Trump precisely because he actually acted on those platforms instead of letting the Democrats stop him. The RINO's are the Republicans who would vote for Biden or Newsome, or Harris, or whoever runs against Trump. We saw in the 2016 and 2020 primaries that this is a small number indeed.

I'm sure I'm explaining this wrong. Give me one more chance, please.

You said:

Trump currently has the support of about 55% of Republicans polled, which means that 45% of the Republicans polled support someone else,

I'm assuming that's true for the sake of discussion. That 45% would include many DeSantis voters who would vote for Trump if not for DeSantis. It would also include many people who would prefer another Republican but who would vote for Trump if he is the nominee.

Those voters are not RINOs. They support the platforms that the GOP has promoted since Ronald Reagan, more than forty years. They just have whatever reason to prefer that DeSantis or someone else not Trump be the one to act on it.

The RINOs are the Republicans who hate Trump precisely because he actually acted on those platforms instead of letting the Democrats stop him. The RINO's are the Republicans who would vote for Biden or Newsome, or Harris, or whoever runs against Trump. We saw in the 2016 and 2020 primaries that this is a small number indeed.
I'm not following the last paragraph. The last paragraph describes Democrats, not Republicans. However, there are people who just hate Trump and vote a different way, but that is not because of the policies Trump supported. They still like the policies, they just hate Trump. You have to admit, Trump is an obnoxious asshole and some people just can't deal with that, even if the obnoxious asshole favors the very same policies that that voter likes.

Forum List

Back