RIP Liberalism

LibertyLemming

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2012
USA
So glad LIberalism has been completely rejected. Liberals now only control 18 of 50 state Governorships. Zero control of any of the Federal government. Also almost completely devoid of control in state legislatures. Stick with the identity politics though guys, you're doing great. Oh and push farther left, definitely a great idea.

If the Democratic Party moves left, as it appears it will, it will politically die.

So glad LIberalism has been completely rejected. Liberals now only control 18 of 50 state Governorships. Zero control of any of the Federal government. Also almost completely devoid of control in state legislatures. Stick with the identity politics though guys, you're doing great. Oh and push farther left, definitely a great idea.

:lmao:

You must be new at this.

As long as we have our Constitution ---- which, granted, may not be that long --- we have Liberalism. That's what it's made of. Writ by Liberals.

Might want to rush out and buy a PoliSci textbook before you dig deeper.

You must be new at this.

As long as we have our Constitution ---- which, granted, may not be that long --- we have Liberalism. That's what it's made of. Writ by Liberals.

You must be new at this.

Not liberal by classic definition, as the FF's were.

What you people are is far removed from that.

You must be new at this.

"you people" :lmao: This gets better and better.

There ain't no "classic definition", Sparkles. Just one. A term cannot mean its own opposite.
If you don't know how to use it, that's on you.

You must be new at this.

There ain't no "classic definition", Sparkles. Just one. A term cannot mean its own opposite.

I would cite the definitive references, but as I have done so numerous times before, I see little point.

What you people are is no relative to the Founders' philosophy.

You must be new at this.

Classical liberalism is a political ideology that values the freedom of individuals — including the freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and markets — as well as limited government. It developed in 18th-century Europe and drew on the economic writings of Adam Smith and the growing notion of social progress. Liberalism was also influenced by the writings of Thomas Hobbes, who argued that governments exist to protect individuals from each other. In 19th- and 20th-century America, the values of classical liberalism became dominant in both major political parties. The term is sometimes used broadly to refer to all forms of liberalism prior to the 20th century. Conservatives and libertarians often invoke classical liberalism to mean a fundamental belief in minimal government.

Chegg.com

You must be new at this.

I would cite the definitive references, but as I have done so numerous times before, I see little point.

As have I. And I may as well talk to the wall.

And again ---- "you people". Who the fuck is "you people"? Do I need to bring in a Doppelgänger?

You must be new at this.

As have I. And I may as well talk to the wall.

And again ---- "you people". Who the fuck is "you people"? Do I need to bring in a Doppelgänger?
Classical liberalism is a political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law and emphasizes economic freedoms found in economic liberalism which is also called free market capitalism.[1][2]

Classical liberalism developed in the 19th century in Europe and the United States. Although classical liberalism built on ideas that had already developed by the end of the 18th century, it advocated a specific kind of society, government and public policy as a response to the Industrial Revolution and urbanization.[3] Notable individuals whose ideas have contributed to classical liberalism include John Locke,[4] Jean-Baptiste Say, Thomas Malthus, and David Ricardo. It drew on the economics of Adam Smith and on a belief in natural law,[5] utilitarianism,[6] and progress.[7]

Classical liberalism - Wikipedia

You must be new at this.

Civilization, rational thought and the constitution are all liberal ideas. ;) What you conservatives want is for a few percent at the top to rule with a iron fist within the corporate world but we will fight you bastards. May you eat shit.

You must be new at this.

Classical liberalism is a political ideology that values the freedom of individuals — including the freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and markets — as well as limited government. It developed in 18th-century Europe and drew on the economic writings of Adam Smith and the growing notion of social progress. Liberalism was also influenced by the writings of Thomas Hobbes, who argued that governments exist to protect individuals from each other. In 19th- and 20th-century America, the values of classical liberalism became dominant in both major political parties. The term is sometimes used broadly to refer to all forms of liberalism prior to the 20th century. Conservatives and libertarians often invoke classical liberalism to mean a fundamental belief in minimal government.

Chegg.com

Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[1][2][3] Whereas classical liberalism emphasises the role of liberty, social liberalism stresses the importance of equality.[4] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas and programmes such as freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free markets, civil rights, democratic societies, secular governments, gender equality, and international cooperation

(Wiki)

Note the absence of the qualifier "classical". That's a disclaimer term to let the reader know "what I'm about to write is bullshit because I'll be using this term to mean its own opposite".

You must be new at this.

Chegg.com

Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.[1][2][3] Whereas classical liberalism emphasises the role of liberty, social liberalism stresses the importance of equality.[4] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas and programmes such as freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free markets, civil rights, democratic societies, secular governments, gender equality, and international cooperation

(Wiki)

Note the absence of the qualifier "classical". That's a disclaimer term to let the reader know "what I'm about to write is bullshit because I'll be using this term to mean its own opposite".
"Classical liberalism" is the term used to designate the ideology advocating private property, an unhampered market economy, the rule of law, constitutional guarantees of freedom of religion and of the press, and international peace based on free trade. Up until around 1900, this ideology was generally known simply as liberalism.

What Is Classical Liberalism?

You must be new at this.

Pogo
They are refering to the Saul Alinsky Radicals of the 70's.

You must be new at this.

Pogo

Think that's what he means by "you people"? I have no idea.

First time I ever heard of Saul Belinsky was when Glenn Beck dredged him up.

It's going to take a while to purge the greedy lazy leftists from the multiple layers of government.

Anyway the OP --- who evidently ran away to find that PoliSci book as advised --- doesn't seem to distinguish between "Liberal", "leftist" and "Democrat". I bet he thinks they're three terms for the same thing. :lmao:

You must be new at this.

Pogo

I read it when it came out in 71.

DO NOT...

UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE...

Believe that libturtds are going away...

They lost their hub in Moscow yet didn't fade away. Now regressive sociopaths have fully infiltrated the DNC and a portion of the RNC. Their regressive agenda will NEVER GO AWAY, until the last libturd parasite bleeds to death after a botched illegal abortion.

That day will not come soon unless we aggressively pursue the absolute defeat of their agenda and ensure future bed wetters who cobble together some utopian bullshit are marginalized.

You must be new at this.

Pogo

I read it when it came out in 71.

I never heard of him until a couple of years ago but that sure didn't stop message board wags from ascribing my points to Bo Belinsky. Which is just part of the whole blatant dishonesty of this place.

Forum List

Back