🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rocket To Mars ?......Why ?

many think space exploration is common sense too,especially with the advances it gives....cutting waste and fraud and ending useless wars is common sense too...
The Blinded Led by the Blind

As usual in Dumbed-Down America, you are being manipulated into going to the opposite nonsense. Wars that would be useful if they ended the jihad, but don't work, to space exploration that works but is useless.
space exploration cant be useless if we have had engineering and technological advances because of it......perhaps you are being manipulated into some nonsense....

We can also get engineering and technical advances if we invest in R&D for energy research, transportation, agriculture, medicine, communications, infrastructure
i get that but i would rather have our country out there leading the space race than China or Russia.....and if we get other countries to join us in this than our monetary put out would be less,and especially if we got Russia and China and the European space agency and Japan and India to all cooperate and get there together....

Guess what?
We are leading the space race. We put a man on the moon, rovers on Mars, flew probes to Mercury, Venus, Neptune, Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus...even past Pluto We won...they all suck

I support NASA
I would just rather see my NASA tax dollars going for R2D2 than Han Solo
right over your head RW.....

It's important not only for the ancillary benefits it will provide, but because we are explorers. We were not satisfied by merely looking out of the cave. We wanted to see what lays beyond the next hill. It is deep in the human race to explore.
Social Causes over Capital profit motives?
The ancillary benefits provide profit motives. But it cannot be said that every form of exploration was motivated by profit. I doubt anyone thought there would be a pot of gold laying at the North Pole.
It may be more practicable to set up a Moon Base, first; possibly rail gun technology to "ship cargo and personnel" to Mars. And, a Lunar Observatory in the process, would be nice.

I'd prefer to set up a working moonbase.
For what reason ? For what benefit ? (and to whom ?)
It's called practice makes perfect. How many rockets did we send up before landing but now why we're just going to up and go to Mars......ridiculous on its face, Plus you can set up surface labs....space station to send up rocket assembly modules so you don't have to waste fuel launching from earth.
Selfish Lunar Lunatics

We can also advance in science by doing difficult projects on Earth with practical payoffs, such as turning salt water into fresh .Boring and hardly worth making a movie about, but we all have to grow up sometime. NA$A's childish escapist waste is like inventing transportation and then only using it for the racetrack. Degenerate fanboys will get their cheap thrills, but everybody else has to take a walk.
let's end our useless and exorbitantly expensive, drug war.

Any money spent on space exploration is money well invested. Unlike the money wasted on entitlement programs.
False rationalization. Ask you folks to send back their Social Security checks. Tell mothers that it's just too bad if they cannot afford to feed their children, and then tell those children that it's their fault.
According to Democrats, progressives, and other assorted ideological nutcases, Social Security is not an entitlement but citizens withdrawing their own funds from a retirement supplementation program.

I guess a different boogeyman needs to be used.

Oh look. Another who will be sending back their SocSec.
[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It's important not only for the ancillary benefits it will provide, but because we are explorers. We were not satisfied by merely looking out of the cave. We wanted to see what lays beyond the next hill. It is deep in the human race to explore.
If you can AFFORD it. We can't. And we have important needs for the money. Space exploration is not important.

Yes it is but Elon Musk is doing it.

If you can AFFORD it. We can't. And we have important needs for the money. Space exploration is not important.

Yes it is but Elon Musk is doing it.

can't find a way to have the private sector, "take over our drug war"?

The US cannot "claim" Mars any more than we claimed the moon

Mining minerals on Mars and bringing them back is horribly expensive. Mars could be made of gold and it would not justify the price of extracting it and bringing it back

I'm still waiting for someone to come with a real valid reason for us to deprive really needy people in the country of the money that will be wasted on this ludicrous Mars thing. So far, it looks like it all is being done to appease the space exploration freaks
Tinkle, Tinkle, Little Tinkerbell

As long as Obamacare is still around, the spaceflakes can get surgery to give them Spock ears.

A common sense question only requires a common sense answer - not a "scientific panel or something" :laugh:
many think space exploration is common sense too,especially with the advances it gives....cutting waste and fraud and ending useless wars is common sense too...

As usual in Dumbed-Down America, you are being manipulated into going to the opposite nonsense. Wars that would be useful if they ended the jihad, but don't work, to space exploration that works but is useless.
space exploration cant be useless if we have had engineering and technological advances because of it......perhaps you are being manipulated into some nonsense....

We can also get engineering and technical advances if we invest in R&D for energy research, transportation, agriculture, medicine, communications, infrastructure
i get that but I would rather have our country out there leading the space race than China or Russia.....and if we get other countries to join us in this than our monetary put out would be less,and especially if we got Russia and China and the European space agency and Japan and India to all cooperate and get there together....
NA$A, the Rocket Racket

I'd rather have our enemies wasting their money on useless Trekkie circuses. Degenerate mind-control leads people to the contradiction of yapping, "We can send a man to the Moon, but we can't do X." The truth they won't let you think is that if we hadn't blown all that money mooning, we would have been able to finance the development of the solution to X.

i get that but I would rather have our country out there leading the space race than China or Russia.....and if we get other countries to join us in this than our monetary put out would be less,and especially if we got Russia and China and the European space agency and Japan and India to all cooperate and get there together....
NA$A, the Rocket Racket

I'd rather have our enemies wasting their money on useless Trekkie circuses. Degenerate mind-control leads people to the contradiction of yapping, "We can send a man to the Moon, but we can't do X." The truth they won't let you think is that if we hadn't blown all that money mooning, we would have been able to finance the development of the solution to X.
the only reason the moon money was blown was because they stopped going there.....we should already have a base up there and we should have ships that can get there and back as easy as they fly across the country,which also means the aviation industry would be more advanced.......

NA$A, the Rocket Racket

the only reason the moon money was blown was because they stopped going there.....we should already have a base up there and we should have ships that can get there and back as easy as they fly across the country,which also means the aviation industry would be more advanced.......

What would we gain by having a moon base?
What purpose does it serve other than appeasing Sci Fi fans?

NA$A, the Rocket Racket

its called technological advancement.....i know its tough for people like you to grasp....

NA$A, the Rocket Racket

its called technological advancement.....i know its tough for people like you to grasp....
What technology?
We could do the same thing in Antarctica, Sahara Desert or parts of Jersey

NA$A, the Rocket Racket

What technology?
dean would be proud of you RW.....speaking of dean,whatever happened to the guy?.....he is listed as a guest....

NA$A, the Rocket Racket

What technology?
dean would be proud of you RW.....speaking of dean,whatever happened to the guy?.....he is listed as a guest....

Haven't seen rdean in quite a while

Agreeably "shipping" lanes are a bit out there still, at least until we nail down the details on a faster engine, but that's not as far off as one might think. Once we have Mars we can get into the asteroid belt - there's stuff in there that's well worth the cost, even using current tech. The launch is the most expensive part. Once we get the ship, or ship parts, into space it's easy enough to drop a capsule with very limited resource use on the return trip given the new heat shield materials we developed for our sun ship.

I disagree that we can't claim Mars though, possession is 9/10ths of the law the world over heh

Forum List

Back