🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rocket To Mars ?......Why ?

Seriously?

Just about every advancement in technology and many in medicine are from our exploration of space.
Nonsense. We got SOME advancements, but you are exaggerating. By far, most advancements in science and technology came long before space exploration started , or even the invention of airplanes.

Sounds like the space freaks have got you programmed.
Sounds like you're a stone ager.

No one has Me programed for anything. Idiotic thing to say.

Some?

NASA spinoff technologies - Wikipedia

Here is a list of 50 items we enjoy because of space exploration.

List: Stuff We Use Everyday That Was Invented From The Space Program

Get a grip.
ASS-$TRONOMY: "If It's Weird, It's Wise"

All that stuff would have been invented more quickly and cheaply if not part of some useless spectacle in the Twinkling Void. Fund directly to what is needed in everyday life.

Overreaching in outer space is like buying a box of Crackerjacks just to get the prize. This morning I opened one of those old-fashioned bottlecaps by prying it open with the tiny nibs that hold the file on a toenail clipper in place, but I wouldn't try to sell a toenail clipper for that use only. Unless I worked for NA$A, people would think I was weird if I tried to sell like that.

Anyone who complains about a $20 trillion debt has no business talking about a trip to Mars

Seriously?

Just about every advancement in technology and many in medicine are from our exploration of space.
Nonsense. We got SOME advancements, but you are exaggerating. By far, most advancements in science and technology came long before space exploration started, or even the invention of airplanes.

Sounds like the space freaks have got you programmed.
Sounds like you're a stone ager.

No one has Me programed for anything. Idiotic thing to say.

Some?

NASA spinoff technologies - Wikipedia

Here is a list of 50 items we enjoy because of space exploration.

List: Stuff We Use Everyday That Was Invented From The Space Program

Get a grip.
ASS-$TRONOMY: "If It's Weird, It's Wise"

All that stuff would have been invented more quickly and cheaply if not part of some useless spectacle in the Twinkling Void. Fund directly to what is needed in everyday life.

Overreaching in outer space is like buying a box of Crackerjacks just to get the prize. This morning I opened one of those old-fashioned bottlecaps by prying it open with the tiny nibs that hold the file on a toenail clipper in place, but I wouldn't try to sell a toenail clipper for that use only. Unless I worked for NA$A, people would think I was weird if I tried to sell like that.
I completely disagree. Advancement has so many forms that a simple list of everyday products is just the icing on the cake.

However, have no intention of trying to change a closed mind. I've already stated we can't afford it at this time and I think we should open this up to the private sector where entrepreneurs will outstrip the government in advancement by orders of magnitude.

The US cannot "claim" Mars any more than we claimed the moon

Mining minerals on Mars and bringing them back is horribly expensive. Mars could be made of gold and it would not justify the price of extracting it and bringing it back

I'm still waiting for someone to come with a real valid reason for us to deprive really needy people in the country of the money that will be wasted on this ludicrous Mars thing. So far, it looks like it all is being done to appease the space exploration freaks

Does anybody know why the Trump Administration thinks it to be a good idea to spend Billions$$ of our tax dollars, sending a rocket to Mars ? What could be the gain from an investment like that ? This is an important question since we're talking about a lot of money going out, when we have a $19 Trillion debt, and lots of other things needing money.

What makes this thing even more odd, is that at the same time this was planned, Trump was planning to cut the Coast Guard's budget by $1.3 Billion, which thankfully that bad idea has been scrapped, and the Coast Guard will now receive its full budget.

Feel free to input your top 2 suggestions of how else the Mars mission money could/should be better spent. There probably are hundreds of these.
The other planets, moons and asteroids within our solar system contain mineral and other resources and as our planet has a finite amount of resources, exploration and eventual resource gathering is necessary.
A Moon for the Misbegotten

As far as natural resources go, we've barely scratched the surface of the Earth. Peak Oil, for example, is a shortage myth created by the petrocrats so they can charge us more. Your cult's Postmodern escapism will sidetrack the road science had been on for centuries.

Does anybody know why the Trump Administration thinks it to be a good idea to spend Billions$$ of our tax dollars, sending a rocket to Mars ? What could be the gain from an investment like that ? This is an important question since we're talking about a lot of money going out, when we have a $19 Trillion debt, and lots of other things needing money.

What makes this thing even more odd, is that at the same time this was planned, Trump was planning to cut the Coast Guard's budget by $1.3 Billion, which thankfully that bad idea has been scrapped, and the Coast Guard will now receive its full budget.

Feel free to input your top 2 suggestions of how else the Mars mission money could/should be better spent. There probably are hundreds of these.
It's a dead planet and not worth the money to go there. We need to invest in our own planet by saving it instead of finding another planet to oggle.
These selfish spaced-out escapists want us to jump off a cliff to see what's out there.

I can't wait for a Mars mission. It's super exciting and a whole lot more fun than trying to make Moslems feel better.

Last edited:
HtWudz8.png

oh ok....i thought maybe it was some scientific panel or something....i feel better now....
A common sense question only requires a common sense answer - not a "scientific panel or something" :laugh:
many think space exploration is common sense too,especially with the advances it gives....cutting waste and fraud and ending useless wars is common sense too...
The Blinded Led by the Blind

As usual in Dumbed-Down America, you are being manipulated into going to the opposite nonsense. Wars that would be useful if they ended the jihad, but don't work, to space exploration that works but is useless.
space exploration cant be useless if we have had engineering and technological advances because of it......perhaps you are being manipulated into some nonsense....

oh ok....i thought maybe it was some scientific panel or something....i feel better now....
A common sense question only requires a common sense answer - not a "scientific panel or something" :laugh:
many think space exploration is common sense too,especially with the advances it gives....cutting waste and fraud and ending useless wars is common sense too...

As usual in Dumbed-Down America, you are being manipulated into going to the opposite nonsense. Wars that would be useful if they ended the jihad, but don't work, to space exploration that works but is useless.
space exploration cant be useless if we have had engineering and technological advances because of it......perhaps you are being manipulated into some nonsense....

The thing about space exploration is we don't know what all the benefits will be. We're stretching ourselves to cover new ground. This is what makes it so exciting.

Space exploration is not important.

I'm so glad no one gave you a vote in this. :D

Other than some pretty pictures and maybe some rocks. What do we get from space exploration?

Knowledge of the universe around us. Aren't you curious?
We get more knowledge from Hubbell than from manned flights

Do you work for NASA?

No, I am a world renowned paid message board poster
That qualifies me to comment on any subject

We can also get engineering and technical advances if we invest in R&D for energy research, transportation, agriculture, medicine, communications, infrastructure

If we pack up all the democrats on it, it's money well spent...

We can also get engineering and technical advances if we invest in R&D for energy research, transportation, agriculture, medicine, communications, infrastructure
i get that but i would rather have our country out there leading the space race than China or Russia.....and if we get other countries to join us in this than our monetary put out would be less,and especially if we got Russia and China and the European space agency and Japan and India to all cooperate and get there together....

i get that but i would rather have our country out there leading the space race than China or Russia.....and if we get other countries to join us in this than our monetary put out would be less,and especially if we got Russia and China and the European space agency and Japan and India to all cooperate and get there together....

Guess what?
We are leading the space race. We put a man on the moon, rovers on Mars, flew probes to Mercury, Venus, Neptune, Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus...even past Pluto We won...they all suck

I support NASA
I would just rather see my NASA tax dollars going for R2D2 than Han Solo

Forum List

Back