Russia less guns more homicides than US

clevergirl

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2009
Russians can kill more people with less guns on purpose and all that stuff- proving that Russian guns like to kill more than US guns do :lol:

According to Gunpolicy.org Russians have far fewer guns than Americans — and far more homicides.

There are fewer than 13 million firearms in circulation in Russia, compared with an estimated 300 million in the United States. That works out to about 9 guns per 100 people in Russia and closed to 100 guns per 100 people in America.

The most recent for Russia homicide statistics show that there were 21,603 killings in 2009.

The U.S. Has More Guns, But Russia Has More Murders : Parallels : NPR

Russians can kill more people with less guns on purpose and all that stuff- proving that Russian guns like to kill more than US guns do :lol:

According to Gunpolicy.org Russians have far fewer guns than Americans — and far more homicides.

There are fewer than 13 million firearms in circulation in Russia, compared with an estimated 300 million in the United States. That works out to about 9 guns per 100 people in Russia and closed to 100 guns per 100 people in America.

The most recent for Russia homicide statistics show that there were 21,603 killings in 2009.

Russian homicides are dropping like a rock. They have gone through a bit of economic and political instability, remember the Soviet Union? Now that it's becoming more of a stable country again the numbers are dropping rapidly:
2008: 20,056
2009: 17,681
2010: 13,100
2011: 11,500

Russian homicides are dropping like a rock. They have gone through a bit of economic and political instability, remember the Soviet Union? Now that it's becoming more of a stable country again the numbers are dropping rapidly:

They have a fraction of the firearms we have. And it is heavy gun control Country. Go figure they have more murders.

You have to adjust all the figures to the amount of the population - Russia's population is almost 2.5 times less that the one in the US. so the RATE of the homicides is much, much higher than in the US

it is still 2.5 times higher than in the US :D

It's currently about twice ours, but dropping very quickly. They will probably be lower than us in the next 3-5 years. Our country has been much more stable.

It's currently about twice ours, but dropping very quickly. They will probably be lower than us in the next 3-5 years. Our country has been much more stable.

it is still 2.5 times higher than us.
we can talk only about past and now.

if you want to predict the future - talk with voodoo witches.

when it will happen ( the drop) - THEN we will talk.

now it is 2.5 times higher than ours.

case closed.

case closed.

US homicide rate: 4.8
Russia homicide rate: 10.2

Is that 2.5 times? Math clearly isn't something your good at. Explains why I post a clear trend and your oblivious to it.

case closed.

Is that 2.5 times? Math clearly isn't something your good at. Explains why I post a clear trend and your oblivious to it.

it is almost 2.5 times. and it is clearly MORE than 2.0

math is clearly something you are not good at.

But I am glad you don't dispute my refusal to talk about voodoo predictions :D

plus your stats are NOT VALID :D

RUSSIARSS
UN report puts Russia among leaders in homicide rates
Source Evgeniya Chaykovskaya at 24/10/2011

Russia is among world leaders in the number of murders committed, on par with African countries and Latin America, according to the UN’s “Global study on homicide 2011.”

The report is the first of its kind and was prepared by the organization’s Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).

http://www.unodc.org/documents/data...Homicide/Globa_study_on_homicide_2011_web.pdf
The report uses 2010 data, but for Russia 2009 data was used. In 2009, there were 15,954 homicides in Russia, or 11.2 per 100,000 people. In the USA there were 15,241 homicides, or 5 per 100,000.

Russia has more homicides than neighbours Kazakhstan (10.7 per 100,000), Belarus (4.9), Estonia (5.2) and Ukraine (4.8).

World leader in homicides per capita is Honduras, with 82.1, followed by Salvador (66) and Ivory Coast (56.9).
UN report puts Russia among leaders in homicide rates | RUSSIA | The Moscow News

case closed.

2.125 is quite a bit closer to 2 than 2.5. I did say about twice ours.

It says a lot that you have to ignore all the obvious facts and exaggerate the numbers. Pretty weak.

The report uses 2010 data, but for Russia 2009 data was used. In 2009, there were 15,954 homicides in Russia, or 11.2 per 100,000 people. In the USA there were 15,241 homicides, or 5 per 100,000.

2009 data? They have experienced a huge drop since then. Try again.

your data ARE NOT VALID.

I don't care about what WIKI says.

My data ARE VALID - it is WHO data.

and the last checkable data for Russia from WHO is the rate of 15.1.

so - YOU try again - nobody believes your fiction of 10.2 :lol:

your data ARE NOT VALID.

I don't care about what WIKI says.

My data ARE VALID - it is WHO data.

and the last checkable data for Russia from WHO is the rate of 15.1.

so - YOU try again - nobody believes your fiction of 10.2 :lol:

Ok so lets use your site:
UNODC homicide statistics
Click on homicide statistic 2013
Russia: 9.7 for 2011

It says a lot that you have to ignore all the obvious facts and exaggerate the numbers. Pretty weak.

it does not matter. it is a bogus statistic, so you fail anyway

it does not matter. it is a bogus statistic, so you fail anyway

Oh of course. Strong argument your making, very strong. You must be what 12 years old?

Forum List

Back