Ryan's Dilemma.....

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
I almost (I repeat, almost) feel sorry for Speaker Ryan....He is facing a very difficult choice regarding his own career and the future of the republican party.

On one hand, if he ENDORSES Trump and Trump wins the WH (as unlikely as that may seem):

1. He postpones his own ambitions to run for president by 8 long years.......and
2. Ryan also risks negating most of the policies and "values" of the established GOP platform, such as immigration, trade , and in appealing to a broader base of possible voters....and
3. He places dozens of possible GOP house seat in serious jeopardy having Trump at the top of the ticket.

On the other hand if Ryan does NOT endorse, Trump:

1. He risks a complete division and a widening chasm between republican hard liners and more moderate republicans.
2. In addition, Ryan risks any chances of republican-inspired legislation of reaching the oval office's desk and be endorsed by Trump......and
3. Ryan also risks his chances of ever running for president having rejected a good portion of his own party's electorate,

Tough days to be Paul Ryan......

• Banned
Politics wise Ryan is in a nice safe soft spot and will stay there.

Actually, I disagree. I think that Ryan is regretting having been courted to be speaker, and is now placed in a lose-lose predicament, while Trump will either state that he brought the "old" republican party to his camp....or state that he has basically started a 3rd party.

Politics wise Ryan is in a nice safe soft spot and will stay there.

Actually, I disagree. I think that Ryan is regretting having been courted to be speaker, and is now placed in a lose-lose predicament, while Trump will either state that he brought the "old" republican party to his camp....or state that he has basically started a 3rd party.
Ryan can sit back and let the two camps fight and lose nothing. He will still be the speaker of the winning camp.

I almost (I repeat, almost) feel sorry for Speaker Ryan....He is facing a very difficult choice regarding his own career and the future of the republican party.

On one hand, if he ENDORSES Trump and Trump wins the WH (as unlikely as that may seem):

1. He postpones his own ambitions to run for president by 8 long years.......and
2. Ryan also risks negating most of the policies and "values" of the established GOP platform, such as immigration, trade , and in appealing to a broader base of possible voters....and
3. He places dozens of possible GOP house seat in serious jeopardy having Trump at the top of the ticket.

On the other hand if Ryan does NOT endorse, Trump:

1. He risks a complete division and a widening chasm between republican hard liners and more moderate republicans.
2. In addition, Ryan risks any chances of republican-inspired legislation of reaching the oval office's desk and be endorsed by Trump......and
3. Ryan also risks his chances of ever running for president having rejected a good portion of his own party's electorate,

Tough days to be Paul Ryan......

1st segment, #3

congressional seats ... Trump needs them on his side, so chances are he will fold to Ryan ..... lose / lose situation.

• Banned
1st segment, #3

congressional seats ... Trump needs them on his side, so chances are he will fold to Ryan ..... lose / lose situation.

Well, the question/speculation is whether having Trump at the top of the ticket equals the loss of house seats (or not...certainly not a gain os such seats).....

Ryan can sit back and let the two camps fight and lose nothing. He will still be the speaker of the winning camp.

Disagree....Ryan CANNOT sit back...If Trump wins, Ryan will have an enemy in the oval office...pretty much the way that Obama has had......If Trump loses, Ryan will have to shoulder much of the blame for just having "sat back".

Disagree....Ryan CANNOT sit back...If Trump wins, Ryan will have an enemy in the oval office...pretty much the way that Obama has had......If Trump loses, Ryan will have to shoulder much of the blame for just having "sat back".
Ryan will only have a new boss moron, not an enemy.

They don't compare stupid. Two from the SAME party VS two from DIFFERENT parties.

Logic fail.

Actually, moronic rebuttal......Same party or not, only a naive dipshit would interpret that party affiliation matters over personal interest, as Ryan's interest in running for the oval office.

So, I'm asking you again ... what's a "republican hard liner"?

If you don't know, just say so.

A republican "hard liner" is one that advocates

the abolition of a woman's right to choose
restrictions on voters' rights to mitigate the minorities' votes that are usually anti-republican
expansion of 2nd Amendment gun rights with little ...if any...restrictions

....and, of course, lots of tea parties get-together.

Forum List

Back