Sam Adams beer told to leave Obama's America!!!!

no...And why should they?
The traders are not buying and selling tangible goods. They are buying and selling future prices....
If one goes to bet the horse races does he have to buy the horse?...No he or she is betting on the probability of a selected entrant doing a particular thing. An outcome.
Commodities traders do the same thing. Wager on a potential outcome. If they are right, they make money. If they predict incorrectly, they lose money.
And the wagers are based on market research which is basically supply and demand, there are other factors as well, and the factors that affect supply and demand.
Other factors....Weather. Geopolitical concerns, for example.

Commodities traders manipulate prices for a fast profit causing artificial high prices.

How? Run thru the steps.

No...SWA contracted with suppliers to buy their fuel well ahead of time.
SWA was able to do this due to a strong cash position. Other carriers, mostly legacy carriers subject to well above market rate labor costs and pre deregulation business models, could not buy their fuel well in advance of using it.

Every airline had contracted with suppliers well ahead of time, SWA hedged.

Not decades....Of course that is the climate change panic button pusher's company line.
The fact is if Western water interests were not subject to idiotic environmental regulations which are bereft of logic, there would be much less reliance of rainfall hundreds of miles away.
One major issue is the illogical and complicated water rights regulations on the Colorado river basin....

The significant snow pack on the western Rockies isn't present anymore and hasn't been for decades.

Democrats are not going to have the ability to tear apart commodities exchanges. Nor would they have the authority to do so.
"Collecting their win"?.....Please elaborate. What does that mean?

Changing a rule is hardly 'tearing apart.' I'm hopping Obama executive orders it.

In commodities, you position yourself correctly, you win.

Obama doesn't have the authority to EO it. Of course, that never stopped him in the past.

Too bad for the middle class. I'd really like to see him try.

First explain what "won a position" means.
In all my years working on the exchange, I never heard such a moronic phrase.

That's because you've NEVER won, if you had I'd be seeing you at the club.

There's a club for idiots who don't understand commodities trading and who lie about family trusts?
Darn, I wouldn't qualify for membership.

SWA was able to do this due to a strong cash position. Other carriers, mostly legacy carriers subject to well above market rate labor costs and pre deregulation business models, could not buy their fuel well in advance of using it.

Tell me about Southwest's jet fuel contracts.
Which exchange did they trade them on?

So what? All the other carries had the same opportunity? Who cares.
What's your point?
SWA did what it did based on their superior bottom line.
They did it better. And better is ,well....better.
Stop whining.

Not decades....Of course that is the climate change panic button pusher's company line.
The fact is if Western water interests were not subject to idiotic environmental regulations which are bereft of logic, there would be much less reliance of rainfall hundreds of miles away.
One major issue is the illogical and complicated water rights regulations on the Colorado river basin....

The significant snow pack on the western Rockies isn't present anymore and hasn't been for decades.
Are you paying attention to yourself?
This climate change craze has been around for maybe ten years. And you are claiming decades.....
Look, there is no scientific proof from an unbiased non commissioned source that can beyond a shadow of a doubt conclude that the earth's climactic cycles are in the least nit upset by human activity.
Yet to listen to these so called scientists who's only conclusion is "in 50 years, this could happen".....Please. In order to turn the world's economy upside down, you'll have to come to the table with a lot more than "this could happen".....hey, when I was in grade school over 30 years ago, we were told the next ice age was upon us. We were getting snow storms in April. They also claimed we had a 50 year supply of crude oil in the ground.
Climate change is nothing but a political ploy to create new taxes on business and industry.
Cap and Trade for example would be a new tax. The money was earmarked for transfer payments into social programs.
THAT is supposed to curtail pollution? Filling welfare coffers?
http://globalchange.mit.edu/files/document/MITJPSPGC_Rpt228.pdf
Imagine that... A new and confiscatory tax that would go to social spending. Meanwhile the thing was self serving. All the jobs lost in the affected industries would send people to the very same programs that their lost jobs helped pay for....Brilliant. Tax business into failure to create more dependency on government.

Try to stay focused. Boston Beer is attempting to walk on taxes of deferred income.

Most importantly, their investment bankers are telling them that if they walk out of the country they will make more money thanks to idiotic liberal tax policies! This is a bad thing because we need businesses and jobs.

Is that simple enough for the liberal to understand?

Try to stay focused. Boston Beer is attempting to walk on taxes of deferred income.

Most importantly, their investment bankers are telling them that if they walk out of the country they will make more money thanks to idiotic liberal tax policies! This is a bad thing because we need businesses and jobs.

You don't understand the liberal. People acting in their rational self-interest is something they can't comprehend. If doing that clashes with the liberal agenda, then you are a criminal and a villain, especially if you're wealthy or Republican.

As I have pointed out at least twice, we have had the same corporate tax rates since Reagan.

So...I would like to know what additional federal tax burdens were placed on Boston Beer after Obama assumed office that are now causing those poor bastards to talk about fleeing the country.

Thanks ahead of time.

American craft brews are the trend and the trend is growing. If not craft brews, customers want brews from small American brewers. Sam Adams can go offshore. It will not be missed. Their former customers will switch to other local or American brews. Sam Adams is probably already see decreased sales just at the thought of them becoming a foreign beer and selling out America. Ask Budloser.

You don't understand the liberal. People acting in their rational self-interest is something they can't comprehend. .

Well, I think I understand them and maybe even more than you. For example, you say the liberal cant comprehend rational self-interest. By picking something in particular (rational self-interest) you imply that perhaps there are other things they can comprehend. I think the truth is they are just plain stupid and so there is very little they comprehend; certainly nothing of a conceptual nature. So you see, you're actually giving them more credit than they deserve.

So what? All the other carries had the same opportunity? Who cares.
What's your point?
SWA did what it did based on their superior bottom line.
They did it better. And better is ,well....better.
Stop whining.

The point was that SWA used commodities as it was designed, not as a cash cow.

Are you paying attention to yourself?
This climate change craze has been around for maybe ten years. And you are claiming decades.....
Look, there is no scientific proof from an unbiased non commissioned source that can beyond a shadow of a doubt conclude that the earth's climactic cycles are in the least nit upset by human activity.
Yet to listen to these so called scientists who's only conclusion is "in 50 years, this could happen".....Please. In order to turn the world's economy upside down, you'll have to come to the table with a lot more than "this could happen".....hey, when I was in grade school over 30 years ago, we were told the next ice age was upon us. We were getting snow storms in April. They also claimed we had a 50 year supply of crude oil in the ground.
Climate change is nothing but a political ploy to create new taxes on business and industry.
Cap and Trade for example would be a new tax. The money was earmarked for transfer payments into social programs.
THAT is supposed to curtail pollution? Filling welfare coffers?
http://globalchange.mit.edu/files/document/MITJPSPGC_Rpt228.pdf
Imagine that... A new and confiscatory tax that would go to social spending. Meanwhile the thing was self serving. All the jobs lost in the affected industries would send people to the very same programs that their lost jobs helped pay for....Brilliant. Tax business into failure to create more dependency on government.

It's a science, nobody knows for sure. Shouldn't we err on the side of caution?

By walking on their tax obligation. Do you walk on your tax obligation?

Forum List

Back