Sanders Supporters Erupt Over FBI Refusing to Pursue Hillary Email Crimes

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Note: moderators this thread is NOT about the emails or the ineptitude of Gomey in leading it.

I cant blame the Sanders folks for being outraged that the laws were not enforced on the Royal House Clinton Dynasty.

Bernie Sanders supporters melt down over FBI's Hillary Clinton decision - CNNPolitics.com

It's not only Donald Trump and Republicans expressing their indignation at the FBI's decision not to recommend charges against Hillary Clinton over her handling of classified materials on a private email server.

The Tuesday announcement also set off a torrent of anger and frustration among some of Bernie Sanders' most diehard supporters, a vocal minority who have been agitating for an indictment of the former secretary of state in the hopes it would vault the Vermont senator to the Democratic nomination.

Trump and the Sanders bitter-enders had played up the possibility, pointing to what they called an "FBI convention" that would effectively block Clinton from becoming the nominee. But with FBI Director James Comey's announcement likely closing that door, social media -- including a couple high-profile Sanders backers -- erupted:

How would that make Sanders supporters different from the rabid frothy mouthed Reich wing crowd again?

Another liar gets away with another crime, just another day in Washington.

Rise up white America.

Bernie and his supporters are the polar opposite of us on the issues.

BUT.....I'LL STAND WITH THEM on this: The system is fucking rigged. Bernie and his people know it. So do we.

I wish it was a Trump/Bernie "Fuck Em All" ticket.

I think it's safe to say that is the general message of a Trump campaign no matter who the vp nominee is.

Yep. It's so past time for it.

There ARE NOT 2 PARTIES. THE DEMS AND RINOS ARE ONE CLUB.

I so wish Trump would do this. Unite the populists of both "sides" because IF WE DON'T we'll never beat the rigged DC establishment.

Oh, those silly Sanders supporters who want honest, ethical government! They're just as bad as those dangerous right-wingers who also want equal enforcement of the law. They're just bitter clingers.

One thing the Sanders supporters and the Trump supporters have in common is the understanding their only chance of victory was for Hillary to be indicted.

It's not about ethics.

Bernie and his supporters are the polar opposite of us on the issues.

BUT.....I'LL STAND WITH THEM on this: The system is fucking rigged. Bernie and his people know it. So do we.

One thing about Bernie is he is honest as the day is long. I don't agree with his policies, but I know he never mouthed platitudes to try to get to 1600. Sanders is real. And I personally will always be grateful that he stuck to his guns and gave it his best shot against all odds.

I think it's safe to say that is the general message of a Trump campaign no matter who the vp nominee is.

Yep. It's so past time for it.

There ARE NOT 2 PARTIES. THE DEMS AND RINOS ARE ONE CLUB.

I so wish Trump would do this. Unite the populists of both "sides" because IF WE DON'T we'll never beat the rigged DC establishment.

Oh, not even close to what I meant. "Fuck 'em all" I think represents his views on anyone not named Trump. He's going to teach no one in Washington a lesson because he isn't concerned with it one way or the other.

As a Bernie supporter, I can tell you that these outraged Bernie supporters are only outraged because this email scandal -- even if it was a republican manufactured hatchet job -- was their "ace in the hole." They were hoping that she would be indicted because it would make Sanders the de facto nominee. I never ruled out the possibility of this happening, but I always knew there wasn't anything there. There was just no way that Hillary would've deliberately broken the law via her personal servers. She's not a moron. Careless and sloppy, sure, but careless and sloppy isn't a crime.

There is plenty of reasons to be critical of her, plenty of reasons why she shouldn't be president, but this lame email scandal is not it. I am a bit ashamed that other Bernie supporters have sided with the rightists who manufactured this hatchet job. They need to dial it back a bit and think logically and rationally about what they're saying.

Forum List

Back