Sandra Fluke to run for Congress

I disagree a little bit. I think Obamacare is overbearing and overbroad, but since it is dem only law, that's to be expected. But, the concept of govt supporting workers getting HC doesn't seem conceptually different to a minimum wage, or a law requiring insurance compnaies cover mental as well as physical illnesses, or taking an even broader analogy, I don't see how universal care is conceptually different from clean air or water, because we all share an economic cost, but the economic benefit outweighs the cost without question.

Even Coburn supported using public dollars to set up pools for high risk folks and expanding medicaid.

I, too, support a pool for high risk people. Absolutely.

But I also believe we would have a lot more public resources available to help the truly and honestly needy if we got government out of where it does not belong.

Is an able bodied man who has fathered 10 kids and takes responsibility for none of them "truly and honestly needy" ?

Nope. As the President of a faith-based non-profit, I can speak with some authority in making that determination. :D

I believe that we should help those who are physically or mentally unable to take care of themselves, but everyone else should be responsible for their own welfare.

Agreed, to a point.

:piss2:

Finally getting rid of Henry Nostrilitus, and looks like we'll get an even bigger handout lover.

Sandra Fluke to run for Henry Waxman's congressional seat

Sandra Fluke*is joining the long list of California Democrats running for*Rep. Henry Waxman's soon-to-be vacated Congressional seat.Fluke, the birth control advocate who Rush Limbaugh called a "slut" on his radio show in February 2012, has*filed the necessary paperwork to seek an endorsement from the California Democratic Party*for a run.The 32-year-old lawyer had said earlier in January that she was "strongly considering" making a bid for Waxman's seat, adding she was "flattered" that she was being discussed has a potential candidate.RELATED: CALIFORNIA DEMOCRATIC REP. HENRY WAXMAN TO RETIREFluke gained national attention for her testimony before Congress in 2012, when she advocated for health insurers to pay for contraception as part of the Affordable Care Act.Read more:*Sandra Fluke to run for Henry Waxman's congressional seat - NY Daily News

Sandra Fluke to run for Henry Waxman's congressional seat - NY Daily News

So The Fluke is officially throwing her whoring self into the ring, huh?

And her political experience is what again?

Securing free contraception from the government.

Last edited:
Is an able bodied man who has fathered 10 kids and takes responsibility for none of them "truly and honestly needy" ?

I would like to add that while the father is not truly and honestly needy, the children certainly may be.

All she needs to do is announce and not even mount a campaign.
Will the voters give a shit about what she's running on...why? She's a star of the democrat party.

All she needs to do is announce and not even mount a campaign.
Will the voters give a shit about what she's running on...why? She's a star of the democrat party.

Yep, and running in a state where they've never met a government program they didn't fall in love with.

Forum List

Back