Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sarah Palin does the Ice-Bucket challenge

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
140823_sarah_palin_bucketchallenge2_sg_605.jpg

Sarah Palin does ice-bucket challenge - Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO.com

Sarah Palin became the latest politician to accept the ALS ice bucket challenge, posting a video to her Facebook page Saturday and challenging both former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)...

“Now, I get to challenge someone, right? I challenge Hillary Clinton, and he whom she has recently said is her favorite Republican. He is my friend, I also challenge Sen. John McCain. Cheers,” Palin said, lifting her glass and ultimately getting drenched with a bucket of ice water.

Palin was challenged by the owners of Wasilla Arctic Cat, a snowmobile dealer, to pour a bucket of iced water over her head as part of a charity campaign that has swept social media, raising awareness of Lou Gehrig’s disease.

Nice idea, I am glad she did it and I hope that both Clinton and McCain take up her challenge. It's for a worthy cause. Well done, Mrs. Palin.

Like I said, I think that Sarah Palin did a good thing here.
Maybe every pol should take the challenge.

Many people, celebrities, politicians, volunteers all over the country, have done this charity fund-raising thing. I had several employees that did it, too....had to film the whole thing!!

Cheap publicity stunt.

How great is the Gatsby, dude, when you have not a clue about the motive and charity behind such a wide-spread charitable and fun event????

Cheap publicity stunt.

Since House had to go back to work portraying a doctor in TV, let's you and I wrangle.

In what way is sticking your head into a bucket of ice to raise money for charity a stunt? Especially when so many others are doing so???

Cheap publicity stunt.

Since House had to go back to work portraying a doctor in TV, let's you and I wrangle.

In what way is sticking your head into a bucket of ice to raise money for charity a stunt? Especially when so many others are doing so???

Let's get one thing straight. I speak to Sarah Palin the public figure; not to Sarah Palin the person. It's not my concern to judge her in that regard.

Frankly, at the end of the day, I would be fine with public figures doing their charity anonymously, because that's real charity in the first place. Corporations and politicians do their charity to promote 'good will' right before/during/after they fuck you up the ass. I'm sorry if you haven't figured that out yet.

SP doesn't do anything that is not designed to improve her station. How much was that check? I guarantee she got the best bang for her buck advertisement-wise. I can tell you that her motives were far from altruistic. In fact, that's why she's calling out McCain and Hillary (people who she allegedly despises). If they do it and she's the driving force behind it, then that maximizes her personal advertising. There was no mention of her calling upon the common person to do so. Where's the advertisement for her in such follow-up occurrences?

Last edited:
Let's get one thing straight. I speak to Sarah Palin the public figure; not to Sarah Palin the person. It's not my concern to judge her in that regard.

Frankly, at the end of the day, I would be fine with public figures doing their charity anonymously, because that's real charity in the first place. Corporations and politicians do their charity to promote 'good will' right before/during/after they fuck you up the ass. I'm sorry if you haven't figured that out yet.

SP doesn't do anything that is not designed to improve her station. How much was that check? I guarantee she got the best bang for her buck advertisement-wise. I can tell you that her motives were far from altruistic. In fact, that's why she's calling out McCain and Hillary (people who she allegedly despises). If they do it and she's the driving force behind it, then that maximizes her personal advertising. There was no mention of her calling upon the common person to do so. Where's the advertisement for her in such follow-up occurrences?

You speak about a person as a public figure, and not as a human being, and then assign that public figure a narrow and negative category without any personal knowledge whatsoever. And you guarantee your arrogant and dismissive assertion by using terms like "fuck you up the ass?" She donated money. What did she gain that others doing the same thing have not? I suspect they all got cold from the ice and warm from the noble charity.

While I agree that charity is more impressive with done anonymously, the social-media driven "ALS Challenge" is by nature not a private endeavor....it is driven by Facebook. So, if you don't want to see her doing it, or the thousands of others doing so, then don't watch it.

Forum List

Back