Scalia question

You can't anull a previous recent election at your whim. This president was elected and those votes say this president should and will exercise the power THE PEOPLE gave him.

Period.

#senateelectionsmatter

#allelectionsmatter

If the Republican'ts try to stall an appointment until a new president is seated the Democrats will block all attempted appointments by any Republican president from then on.

Republicans you need to understand what is going to happen. This is basically the end of democratic government here. You can't tell every other person in the country that you are going to do whatever you want all the time and no one else, even their elected officials, will have any say in anything.

If the GOP tries to block all Obama nominees, as Ted Cruz said he will, then the Democrats will respond in kind for ALL future attempts by any Republican president.

This shit doesn't just work one way. You are 8 year old children that constantly throw a tantrum if you don't get your way now. And that kind of childish behavior isn't going to fly in the real adult world. You better get your shit together.
Hey moron, the dims put a hit job out on Bork and Thomas and obama is the one acting like a petulant child. Grow up and face the real world.

Thomas is on the SC. Fail.

You baboon asses seem unable to read, let me say again.

Obama will put forth one or two candidates the Republican can and will reject. Then they have to confirm someone.

If they stall in an attempt to deny this president the Constutional power to appoint an SC judge, then the Democrats are going to do the same to any Republican that might be elected. Indefinitely.

Get ready cons, you about to get what you wish for.

If the Republican'ts try to stall an appointment until a new president is seated the Democrats will block all attempted appointments by any Republican president from then on.

Unlikely, but even so, I'm willing for them to take that risk, to be dealt with at a later date.

Republicans you need to understand what is going to happen. This is basically the end of democratic government here. You can't tell every other person in the country that you are going to do whatever you want all the time and no one else, even their elected officials, will have any say in anything.

In this instance, they can, and are completely within their rights. And what makes you think the Democrats at this point enjoy such overwhelming support?

If the GOP tries to block all Obama nominees, as Ted Cruz said he will, then the Democrats will respond in kind for ALL future attempts by any Republican president.

First they would have to take the Senate, and then they would then be run out on a rail.

This shit doesn't just work one way.

It does when the other way would likely fundamentally change the country short of the constitutional amendment process.

You already thanked me for this one, I believe.

I know I've posted it often enough for everyone to have seen it.

"Supreme Court Justice Lewis Powell was a moderate, and even before his expected retirement on June 27, 1987, Senate Democrats had asked liberal leaders to form "a solid phalanx" to oppose whomever President Ronald Reagan nominated to replace him, assuming it would tilt the court rightward; Democrats warned Reagan there would be a fight"
Is any of those the link for Senate democrats asking liberal leaders to form a solid phalanx? There is a link to the supreme court, a link to Lewis Powell and a link to Ronald Reagan?????

This shit doesn't just work one way. You are 8 year old children that constantly throw a tantrum if you don't get your way now. And that kind of childish behavior isn't going to fly in the real adult world. You better get your shit together.
Hey moron, the dims put a hit job out on Bork and Thomas and obama is the one acting like a petulant child. Grow up and face the real world.

Obama will put forth one or two candidates the Republican can and will reject. Then they have to confirm someone.

If they stall in an attempt to deny this president the Constutional power to appoint an SC judge, then the Democrats are going to do the same to any Republican that might be elected. Indefinitely.

Obama will put forth one or two candidates the Republican can and will reject. Then they have to confirm someone

Not necessarily.

3 is not the lucky number

I posted recently that the record for nominees for a chair is 9.

"Supreme Court Justice Lewis Powell was a moderate, and even before his expected retirement on June 27, 1987, Senate Democrats had asked liberal leaders to form "a solid phalanx" to oppose whomever President Ronald Reagan nominated to replace him, assuming it would tilt the court rightward; Democrats warned Reagan there would be a fight"
Is any of those the link for Senate democrats asking liberal leaders to form a solid phalanx? There is a link to the supreme court, a link to Lewis Powell and a link to Ronald Reagan?????

You do the homework.

Disprove it.

Thanks asshole. We'll take our chances.
President Trump could possibly put 5-6 radical REP YOUNG! SGJs on the bench in eight years.
It would be literally decades before the fucking LIBs would come anywhere near having any effect on SC rulings if ever.
We are taking our country back! There really is a GOD!
Little detail you need to think about: Should Trump become the next President you're basically fucked for decades to come.
You assholes should have told Debbie not to tell Biden to fuck off months ago.
If you now had a Biden/Warren ticket I would be a bit nervous. As it is I'm delighted.

You do the homework.

Disprove it.
Where did you get your copy and paste from will? Aren't you responsible for linking it, for copyright rules of this board?

You do the homework.

Disprove it.
Where did you get your copy and paste from will? Aren't you responsible for linking it, for copyright rules of this board?

Ronald Reagan Supreme Court candidates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

160215-gop-says-democrats-must-win-election_zpsn5sklvzu.jpg

Scalia was the face of the defense of the Second Amendment. No one was stronger.
We now face a situation where the Second Amendment COULD be at it's most vulnerable position in decades.
Relax. There's no chance the REP controlled Senate will EVER even put any Obama nomination even on a discussion schedule until next January. None ZIP!
what must happen is the election of TRUMP. Then the REPs can put 3-4 radical LIB SGJ on the bench for decades to come. There really is a GOD.
I wish I could share your optimism but how many times have we seen these same Republican leaders make promises they had no intention of keeping? They've been the single greatest force in allowing Obama to shove his communist agenda down our throats. Our republic isn't safe until they're purged from the party.

Thanks asshole. We'll take our chances.
President Trump could possibly put 5-6 radical REP YOUNG! SGJs on the bench in eight years.
It would be literally decades before the fucking LIBs would come anywhere near having any effect on SC rulings if ever.
We are taking our country back! There really is a GOD!
Little detail you need to think about: Should Trump become the next President you're basically fucked for decades to come.
You assholes should have told Debbie not to tell Biden to fuck off months ago.
If you now had a Biden/Warren ticket I would be a bit nervous. As it is I'm delighted.

LOL Welcome to ignore. The domicile of choice for angry pecks. Go kick your dog or bitch at the mailman.

"Thomas is on the SC. Fail."
The fail is yours because you missed the point. They tore into him and did everything they could do to block him. So you're a little late with your threats.

"Thomas is on the SC. Fail."
The fail is yours because you missed the point. They tore into him and did everything they could do to block him. So you're a little late with your threats.

Oh I don't mind the partisan grilling any nominee will get these days. That is par for the course, especially after watching the Republicans in Congress and their witchhunt with Hillary Clinton re Ben Gassy. Wasting millions of dollars and all that time for nothing more than political purposes. Using the dead bodies of those 4 people to swing their corpses and hit anyone within reach. I expect that from the current GOP.

And the Democrats did grill Thomas and Bork. But someone was eventually approved and appointed. Even under Bush.So they can bitch and whine and grandstand all they want, but saying they have decided the Constitution doesn't apply anymore 'cuz we say so'?

Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture. That shite won't fly. I already know people that have never been political who are getting addresses and phone numbers of GOP Senators so they can bombard them with 'you better get your ass in gear and stop playing dictator' mail.

Last edited:
You can't anull a previous recent election at your whim. This president was elected and those votes say this president should and will exercise the power THE PEOPLE gave him.

Period.

????

The recent election kicked the democrats to the back of the bus in the senate, ya know the one Obama said his policys were on the table.
Midterm. Get ready for another general election trouncing.

Hell, a Republican won't even be in the general election because they can't beat trump. How popular are the Republicans? They have no mandate

Yea we know the children will be out again voting for prom king or queen.
I'm sure you think it's better when just you guys vote.

Period.

????

The recent election kicked the democrats to the back of the bus in the senate, ya know the one Obama said his policys were on the table.

Hell, a Republican won't even be in the general election because they can't beat trump. How popular are the Republicans? They have no mandate

Not me, I am one of the few for gun control.

Period.

????

Not me, I am one of the few for gun control.
Funny I'm a liberal but I'm hoping michigan lifts the requirement that you have to take a class before you can carry.

The only assholes who never want the Constitution to apply are the LIBs when they don't like what the Constitution lays out.
In this case the Senate has the one and only power to approve or not any SC nominee made by the President.
Simple. In this case the Senate happens to be too busy busy busy to be able to get a chance to look at Obama's nominee until at least January.
Aw Shucks!

The next President will likely have 3-4 Supreme Court appointments over their 8 year term, to appoint.
The next president will be making Supreme Court appointments reflecting the will of the people who voted in 2016; the Scalia vacancy is the responsibility of the current president, reflecting the will of the people who reelected him in 2012.

Americans who voted to reelect the president expect their votes to be respected, they have a right to their votes being respected and acknowledged, not ignored and discarded for capricious partisan reasons.

What about the Americans that elected the Senate, should their votes be respected?
Of course they should, That is why my proposal that the a list with names of at least 10 viable candidates be submitted to the President in 30 days for review.
Each name would have to be approved by a 2/3rd majority vote in the Senate. That would force bipartisan initiatives on each name even though some senators may vote differently on each name. Obama could then review the names and nominate from the list if he chooses.

Forum List

Back