School won't let students read the Bible during "read to yourself" time..

Yurt, you are trolling the thread; you looked like a fool as usual because you posted without checking.

You can cry and whine all you want, but it is what it is.

The school district will work this out fine, and the teacher will be given some training.

Yurt, you are trolling the thread; you looked like a fool as usual because you posted without checking.

The school district will work this out fine, and the teacher will be given some training.

That was a mirror, Fakie.

?

i posted without checking? what?

???????????????????

If that teacher didn't like what was being read, they can just get over it. If they want respect, they got to show some first because it isn't a one way street.

God bless you and the child always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

"On Tuesday, the family of a second-grade student at Hamilton Elementary School in the Houston suburb of Cypress claimed that the girl’s teacher took her Bible away during “read to myself” time."

"
“They are letting them read the Hunger Games,” parent Jennifer Muse told KHOU. “That’s kids killing kids. Why can’t she read the Bible?”

Read more: Public school teachers confiscating and yelling about Bibles | The Daily Caller

So, its not because there's a rule against wasting your time reading fiction ...?

If its read to yourself time, there is no reason why the kid can't read the Bible. Teacher was wrong.

"On Tuesday, the family of a second-grade student at Hamilton Elementary School in the Houston suburb of Cypress claimed that the girl’s teacher took her Bible away during “read to myself” time."

"
“They are letting them read the Hunger Games,” parent Jennifer Muse told KHOU. “That’s kids killing kids. Why can’t she read the Bible?”

Read more: Public school teachers confiscating and yelling about Bibles | The Daily Caller

Read to myself time definitely sounds like personal reading time. There is no reason she could not read the Bible or anything else she wanted that is age appropriate. That's like saying the girl could not pray silently during her own personal time while in school.

Forum List

Back