SCOTUS refuses to consider overturning Biden's order to cancel student loans

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Apparently the 9 black robes have determined that the President of the United States has unilateral powers to spend $400 billion, or more, to pay off college loans.

It is interesting that Biden has used the excuse that it is a national emergency to do so because of Covid, especially considering the President himself declared the Pandemic long over.

The US is a banana republic.

Apparently the 9 black robes have determined that the President of the United States has unilateral powers to spend $400 billion, or more, to pay off college loans.

It is interesting that Biden has used the excuse that it is a national emergency to do so because of Covid, especially considering the President himself declared the Pandemic long over.

I thought it was only one black robe, not all 9. Barrett didn't give an explanation, but I would assume it was on procedural grounds rather than whether or not the prez has that unilateral power. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't run this by Chief Justice Roberts for his opinion. This particular case may have failed, but there are others in the works. And this action ought to tell the Left that the current SCOTUS is not aways going to rule against them. In fact, they are going to base their rulings on the Constitution and the LAW rather than politics, as prior left-leaning Courts have done.

I thought it was only one black robe, not all 9. Barrett didn't give an explanation, but I would assume it was on procedural grounds rather than whether or not the prez has that unilateral power. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't run this by Chief Justice Roberts for his opinion. This particular case may have failed, but there are others in the works. And this action ought to tell the Left that the current SCOTUS is not aways going to rule against them. In fact, they are going to base their rulings on the Constitution and the LAW rather than politics, as prior left-leaning Courts have done.
No matter, it just shows me how broken the system is

It matters little what caused it to fail.

I would say that as far as the SCOTUS is concerned, it is less broken than the other branches of gov't and less broken than it was when prior courts sustained progressive liberal goals and created constitutional rights without any actual basis for doing so. I think todays Court is doing the job as it was supposed to do; it cannot or should not be legislating from the bench nor ruling on issues that are beyond it's purview.

And I also beliee the system itself is about as good as a system can get, but the people running it are putting personal and political goals ahead of what is really in the country's best interests. It ain't the system, I defy anyone to come up with anything better.

It's not broken...It's working perfectly to get the results that it's getting.

if that makes you feel any better.

The bible doesn't say forgiving loans is bad so the theocrats you voted to install didn't know what to do

Forum List

Back