Sears Lists 79 Stores To Be Closed...

Nothing to see here people. Move along. Everything's just great. Reminds me of a great video i saw. I know i'll catch Hell for this but here goes anyway...

WTC7 -- This is an Orange - YouTube

So what are you saying? That America is being deliberately destroyed?

Sadly some do appear to be working on that goal. But you'll have to do your own research and come to your own conclusion on that. But to get you started,you can check out the history of the 'Council on Foreign Relations.' They are very very powerful stealthy organization. But don't take my word,just do some of your own research. Who knows? You might be very surprised at what you find.

I will look into that, later. However, any time someone talks about how much foreign aid we send to other countries and now jobs and financial growth, I tell them that we do that so those people won't come here and take it. They would, and they do evidenced by the number of illegals we have working in this country. It seems that we have reached a critical mass and have about given away all we can afford to give away. It won't happen in my lifetime, but it does concern me for my children that one day we will be forced to fight to take a lot of it back. That day is fast approaching if American commerce is going south, and it certainly appears to be.

The local Sears here is in the mall. Three miles down the road is a Kmart/Sears.

Between the two there's a Walmart superstore, a Tractor Supply, a Lowes, a Target, a BestBuy, a Kohl's, a Sam's Club, not to mention the dozens of stores in the mall itself competing in various areas with Sears. And all around, everywhere, the Internet.

Blaming Obama for the fiercely competitive nature of retail in this country? If he has anything to do with it, conservatives should be praising him.

I agree that it's dumb for anyone to blame Obama for this specific chain closing stores. I also agree that Sears failed to keep up with innovation and is still a wildly bloated enterprise. However, the timing of the closings is a reflection on the current business climate which isn't very good and isn't getting any better.

The local Sears here is in the mall. Three miles down the road is a Kmart/Sears.

Between the two there's a Walmart superstore, a Tractor Supply, a Lowes, a Target, a BestBuy, a Kohl's, a Sam's Club, not to mention the dozens of stores in the mall itself competing in various areas with Sears. And all around, everywhere, the Internet.

Blaming Obama for the fiercely competitive nature of retail in this country? If he has anything to do with it, conservatives should be praising him.

The big problem with Obama is that he is Jimmy Carter. He never expected to be elected, he doesn't have a clue what he's doing, and he spends most of his day wringing his hands because of that. He has no balls. Unfortunately, Hillary who DOES have balls got relegated to a 'secretarial' position as do most females in this country. She could have made a difference and would not have spent her days wringing her hands and having 'beer summits.' She has what it takes. I am not a republican, I am a registered democrat. However, I think that party has sold us down the river in recent years. No, I won't change parties because in KY we have closed primaries and I want to vote in the democratic primary. A really good president who is a democrat would know what to do to get this country back on track. Obama does not. I heard on the radio the other day that he and his minions were planning their 'strategy' for the next election which in large part entails showing the American public how all the problems we have are due to actions of the previous administration. He did that before. A lot of people agreed with him, and I did too, even though I did not vote for him. BUT he claimed to know how to fix everything. He doesn't. He didn't. And he hasn't learned. If he is reelected the people who reelect him deserve what they get. At times, I wonder how many of those on unemployment compensation wasted their vote on Obama.

Last edited:
9% unemployment, higher taxes, impossible health care mandates.

Someone figured it just wasn't worth the bother anymore.

What higher taxes?

How come 9% UE, imaginary higher taxes, and impossible health care mandates didn't sink Target, Wal-Mart, Macy's, Boscovs, Michael's, Petco, PetSmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Bon-Ton, Sally Beauty Supply, Nordstrom, True Value, Agway, ...ummm... Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, Cosco, Best Buy, or Super Valu?

Because those are the survivors. There used to be quite a few more on that list and some that you cited are barely in existence. Boscov's filed for bankruptcy last year and closed a bunch of stores. As did Circuit City, Kash-n-Karry, Albertsons, Ace Hardware, Crabtree & Evelyn, Super 88, Footlocker, Gap, Rite Aid, Limited, Big Lots, f.y.e., Dollar Store, Pier One, Target, Sam's Club, Payless, etc.

link

Last edited:
Nothing to see here people. Move along. Everything's just great. Reminds me of a great video i saw. I know i'll catch Hell for this but here goes anyway...

Your video is incorrect when it says that a controlled demolition is the only explanation. Show me a video of a 47 story building collapsing any way other than straight down when low and mid supports only fail?

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_welfare/downloads/awr/awr.pdf

That's just the animal stuff... I'm of course still subject to the requirements of any other business as well.
And you support more government control over business?

Keep goin' Daveman.....you are just about to trip him up. The actual, real-life small business owner is no match for your superior skills.

I'm just trying to understand him. He owns a small business with a vast amount of regulations with which to comply, and he supports government policies designed to further hamper his operations.

Illinois and corporate welfare.:badgrin:
That's different. Somehow. It just is.

It's different because the State of IL is using its own money to keep companies that improve the economy of IL up and running. Heretofore, it has been OUR dollars that have been used to keep companies, which really don't benefit my state much, up and going.

I realize the same kind of complaint was made about the TVA in the 1940s, though.
F-A's point was a liberal state giving away corporate welfare -- something the left generally hates.

Your video is incorrect when it says that a controlled demolition is the only explanation. Show me a video of a 47 story building collapsing any way other than straight down when low and mid supports only fail?

Check out the Conspiracy forum. I have gone into it in much depth over there. I have posted photos and other info on what large buildings are supposed to look like after extensive damage. Check it out over there. Thanks.

That's different. Somehow. It just is.

It's different because the State of IL is using its own money to keep companies that improve the economy of IL up and running. Heretofore, it has been OUR dollars that have been used to keep companies, which really don't benefit my state much, up and going.

I realize the same kind of complaint was made about the TVA in the 1940s, though.
F-A's point was a liberal state giving away corporate welfare -- something the left generally hates.
And then expect us to swallow that the Republicans are guilty...as a matter of course? BOTH are guilty.

This is really no different than the deal Motorola was given to stay.

Illinois is bleeding jobs and people...

Motorola Deal to Stay in State Could Allow Layoffs

True, unfortunately. GOvernor Quinnochio raised the corporate tax and now companies can't get out of this state fast enough.
And Blue staters will tell us that the RED Staters are taking too much tax revenue?

What a tangled web we weave.

I don't blame any company for getting out of Blue-State Statist Controlled HellHoles...

What higher taxes?

How come 9% UE, imaginary higher taxes, and impossible health care mandates didn't sink Target, Wal-Mart, Macy's, Boscovs, Michael's, Petco, PetSmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Bon-Ton, Sally Beauty Supply, Nordstrom, True Value, Agway, ...ummm... Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, Cosco, Best Buy, or Super Valu?

Because those are the survivors. There used to be quite a few more on that list and some that you cited are barely in existence. Boscov's filed for bankruptcy last year and closed a bunch of stores. As did Circuit City, Kash-n-Karry, Albertsons, Ace Hardware, Crabtree & Evelyn, Super 88, Footlocker, Gap, Rite Aid, Limited, Big Lots, f.y.e., Dollar Store, Pier One, Target, Sam's Club, Payless, etc.

link

Every business in the country would have to go bankrupt to convince Cuyo the dipstick that the economy isn't doing well under Obama.

link

Every business in the country would have to go bankrupt to convince Cuyo the dipstick that the economy isn't doing well under Obama.
What do you expect of someone that worships RATS?

Check out the Conspiracy forum. I have gone into it in much depth over there. I have posted photos and other info on what large buildings are supposed to look like after extensive damage. Check it out over there. Thanks.

Oh, you're a Truther? :lol::lol::lol: That actually explains a lot. Now I know for sure not to take seriously anything you say. :cuckoo:

How many businesses have you owned?

Just one, for almost 10 years... One of the most federally regulated industries around...

And you'll never hear me say "Nah I'll have to decline on that deal... I'll make a ton of money and have to pay taxes on it."

But do cost increases looming in the future impact your decision to invest in a new venture?

Did he ever answer this question?

I agree that it's dumb for anyone to blame Obama for this specific chain closing stores. I also agree that Sears failed to keep up with innovation and is still a wildly bloated enterprise. However, the timing of the closings is a reflection on the current business climate which isn't very good and isn't getting any better.

They've been closing down stores around here for 20 years or more. Nothing to do with the current business climate.

Forum List

Back