Seattle Democrats: Oops, We Raised the Minimum Wage Too High

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Seattle takeout orders have reached a breaking point. Amid horror stories of $122 Thai delivery and $26 to-go coffees, the Emerald City is now considering rolling back a brand new wage law that�s causing food takeout prices to skyrocket and delivery orders to tank. It's just the latest in a series of wage laws that are backfiring this year, causing chaos for customers, restaurants, and the gig workers they were meant to help.

I know. You’re as shocked as I am Democrats shot themselves in the knee again. Well, let’s put this latest news in their perspective:

WHY DO DEMOCRATS HATE THE POOR AND WANT TO ROLLBACK MINIMUM WAGES?

Seattle takeout orders have reached a breaking point. Amid horror stories of $122 Thai delivery and $26 to-go coffees, the Emerald City is now considering rolling back a brand new wage law that�s causing food takeout prices to skyrocket and delivery orders to tank. It's just the latest in a series of wage laws that are backfiring this year, causing chaos for customers, restaurants, and the gig workers they were meant to help.

I know. You’re as shocked as I am Democrats shot themselves in the knee again. Well, let’s put this latest news in their perspective:

Encouraging. Maybe it will help get Semi Byrd elected and get rid of some US reps and senators like Pramila Jayapal, Maria Cantwell and Patty Murray. The democrat stranglehold on WA has to be broken.

Meh..so what some folks will have to get off their asses--and get their own Latte.
I see this as a good thing.

Encouraging. Maybe it will help get Semi Byrd elected and get rid of some US reps and senators like Pramila Jayapal, Maria Cantwell and Patty Murray. The democrat stranglehold on WA has to be broken.
Yea right. The left are so far gone. They’d rather destroy the economy and nation as whole before admitting they were wrong.

Gee....if only SOMEONE had been warning the Dims this would happen.

Well, would you look at that....

Who is this that posted about this over 3 years ago?

Well, at least they finally became smart enough to realize that the solution wasn't to increase wages even more. That's what most democrats think. When prices get too high for people to afford, just raise wages even more. It's like trying to put out a fire with gasoline. Can't believe they finally figured that out.

Well, at least they finally became smart enough to realize that the solution wasn't to increase wages even more. That's what most democrats think. When prices get too high for people to afford, just raise wages even more. It's like trying to put out a fire with gasoline. Can't believe they finally figured that out.
And then they scream "Food Deserts" whatever will we do. They create the problems they decry.

Anything left decides to do is a bad idea. They simply can't think things through, but I feel that some leftists do shit knowing full well it will lead to chaos and turmoil.
They’re all about the feel-good-now policies, never considering the long term ramifications. More of a tic-tac-toe, rather than a chess, mentality.

This is a good sign, and exactly why it's better to deal with these nonsensical laws at the state and local level. At least some of them are recognizing it was a mistake.

No way. The whole point of the government is to make people live the way you think they should live! That's a "good thing", right?
You think so? Ahhh well..to each their own, I guess.
Govt.'s main role in this country, as far as I can tell..involves keeping us happy whilst we make money for our betters--perhaps you see it differently?

You think so?
No. But statist Democrats do. They live for it.
Govt.'s main role in this country, as far as I can tell..involves keeping us happy whilst we make money for our betters-
-perhaps you see it differently?
I do. The government's main role should be to protect our rights, and otherwise stay out of our business. I don't want government deciding what will make me "happy", or deciding who should make more money.

Forum List

Back