Self Defense- If You Could Only Choose One

Which is your selection for self defense?

• Knife

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Baseball bat

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Handgun

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • Phone 911

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Piss your pants

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
What would be your preference?

I thought I should conduct a straw poll to this question based on the following scenario

You're in your home late at night and you hear glass break. Shortly after you hear the sound of someone in your home. You are in your bedroom and he has found you. There is one intruder armed with handgun. You have no self defense weapon in your home, but for the sake of this poll, you have magic powers do deploy one of the following weapons/process.

Which would you select?

-Geaux

If someone is actually inside your home, then you have every right to shoot them. If they are OUTSIDE the house, then you call 911, and only shoot once they enter the home.

Very few options for your post but ok.

Depends on your situation. If you have no kids the handgun in the bed or anywhere else is the best option
the-backup-500x271.jpg

I have young children and they understand they are dangerous. But they also see unintended TV commercials and other things that makes them think "guns shoot bad guys". And I shouldn't have to bring up statistics of children shooting siblings pretending they are bad guys/girls......Do that research yourself, you have a computer.

The REAL question is what do you do when you have kids to defend your home. Key locks tend to lead to deaths when guns are necessary. Adrenaline + keys don't work well. If you have the money, get a finger print safe. I've heard they are reliable but I don't need one.

My next to bed is a baseball bat. But it's no ordinary baseball bat. It has a crazy bright LED light in it's base with 3 modes. I'm not sure the lumens but when I show my friends the strobe in day light they tell me to turn it off because they can't see anymore.

Of course if I have time and I'm not paniced I have multiple loaded self defense weapon in my gun cab. But I have to get my key. ( I tend to keep them partially loaded just in case, my kids are very smart. Clips aren't pushed in etc)

In short. The answer was obvious. But the human situation characterizing the actual event was not so obvious or specific.

Forum List

Back