Sen Majority Leader slams rw'ers for obstructing Energy Bill

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Repubs/T-Partiers doing what they do best :up: holding back the economy :eusa_doh:

News Distribution Network - Shared Video
The Senate is working on S. 1392, the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act. This bill is meant to improve the energy efficiency of buildings. Reid said he hoped he and McConnell could work out a deal to allow votes on germane amendments later in the day.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...ave-taken-over-the-house-senate#ixzz2f4VwKyI4
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Harry Reid (D-NV) is a Statesman & national hero :salute: He worked his way through night school by working as a Capitol Policeman.

Last edited:
another off-topic post w/ an ad hominum thrown in for good measure. Keep up the good work :thup:

The topic is republicans not letting democrats get what they want, and to that I say "good"

What is the next communique from party headquaters?

Summary of S. 1392, the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act

Summary of S. 1392, the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act | Alliance to Save Energy

Essentially, this bill adds further coding to model buildings, tracks it and asks for compliance. Essentially, you're asknig a sluggish economiy to spend money on state/local/federal code enforcement and implementation. A 200 million appropriation.

Furthermore,

Subtitle A – Manufacturing Energy Efficiency

Section 201. Purposes
This section aims to reform and reorient DOE's industrial efficiency programs, establish a clear authority for these programs, accelerate the deployment of technologies and practices that will increase industrial efficiency and manufacturing efficiency, stimulate economic growth and industrial productivity and competitiveness, and strengthen partnerships among the government agencies and private and academic sectors.

No thanks. This is the type of thing that only encourages more corporatism, syphoning of taxpayer money and does not help, but actually hinders competition. (the government HATES competition).

This bill is a piece of shit. As with most bills passed these days.

Where ya been Harry? The last time I heard the senator speak out was when he told the Troops in Iraq "the war is lost" (lay down your arms). The A-hole should be in federal prison for treason.

Repubs/T-Partiers doing what they do best :up: holding back the economy :eusa_doh:

The Senate is working on S. 1392, the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act. This bill is meant to improve the energy efficiency of buildings. Reid said he hoped he and McConnell could work out a deal to allow votes on germane amendments later in the day.

Read more: Reid: 'Anarchists have taken over' in Congress (Video) - The Hill's Floor Action
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Harry Reid (D-NV) is a Statesman & national hero :salute: He worked his way through night school by working as a Capitol Policeman.

Obama's "energy bill" will probably do the opposite of increase energy production, so I applaud the right-wingers for obstructing it. Generally, obstructing any bill in Congress is a good thing.

Last edited:

Read more: Reid: 'Anarchists have taken over' in Congress (Video) - The Hill's Floor Action
Follow us: @Thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Why do we need a federal bill to insulate buildings? Is it remotely possible that rich people are lobbying for this in order to get the government to pay them to do something they would do anyway?

When is the administration (including the senate majority) going to stop whining about only controlling 2/3 of the government? Note to Obama...lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

orgasms all the around for the left...their party is again SLAMMING people in this country..

tell them to go hell, Obama's approvals are in the 30's.. we don't have to sit and take this crap any longer

whateva' rwboi. So you got a pos from picksupstix. :eusa_eh: BFD.

2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_through_you_1.jpg

oh great. I have ANOTHER rw stalker :eusa_doh: Go start a thread smart guy. Maybe I'll post on it if its 1/2 way decent.

oh great. I have ANOTHER rw stalker :eusa_doh: Go start a thread smart guy. Maybe I'll post on it if its 1/2 way decent.

Why start my own when I can just occasionally post in yours and feed your delusion that I am "stalking" you.

BNwFU.jpg

Forum List

Back