Sen Ron Johnson: “It might be a little messy for some people, but abortion is not going away,”...tells women to go out of state if they want abortion

i worry this single hit piece will sink his campaign, might summarize it later and post excerpts, though i don't wanna do harm to my Ronnie's campaign

The dark gods must get their child sacrifice quota, right? Will they call abortion vacations the Baal or Moloch tour?

He's right. There were just as many abortions in the US before Roe as after.

The dark gods must get their child sacrifice quota, right? Will they call abortion vacations the Baal or Moloch tour?
Whatever they decide, it will be the U.S. taxpayer at large that will foot the bill.

He's right. There were just as many abortions in the US before Roe as after.
Reference? I find it very difficult to believe that once those PP clinics popped up in nearly every community in the nation, more women didn't succumb to the convenience.

Reference? I find it very difficult to believe that once those PP clinics popped up in nearly every community in the nation, more women didn't succumb to the convenience.
I did a lot of research on the issue about 15 years ago, and I started with the assumption there was only a fraction of abortions before Roe.

Boy was I surprised to find the number was the same as after Roe. I don't have the data I used, but here is one reference:

Estimates of the number of illegal abortions in the 1950s and 1960s ranged from 200,000 to 1.2 million per year. One analysis, extrapolating from data from North Carolina, concluded that an estimated 829,000 illegal or self-induced abortions occurred in 1967.

Abortions climbed for a little while after Roe, but ever since 1980 the rate of abortions has been declining.

462-550.png

Even though abortion was banned in a lot of states prior to Roe, they did make exceptions for rape, incest, and the well-being of the mother.

It was this exception for the mother which opened a loophole wide enough to drive a truckful of dead babies through, as Reagan discovered when he was governor of California.

On June 14, 1967, Ronald Reagan signed the Therapeutic Abortion Act, after only six months as California governor. From a total of 518 legal abortions in California in 1967, the number of abortions would soar to an annual average of 100,000 in the remaining years of Reagan’s two terms — more abortions than in any U.S. state prior to the advent of Roe v. Wade. Reagan’s signing of the abortion bill was an ironic beginning for a man often seen as the modern father of the pro-life movement. How did this happen?

[snip]

The Therapeutic Abortion Act became law. And as would happen with nearly every abortion law in the years ahead, the mental-health provision was abused by patient and doctor alike. Reagan biographer Lou Cannon notes that even the bill’s Democratic sponsor confessed to being surprised that physicians so liberally interpreted the law.

Reagan was shocked at the unintended consequences of his action.

Forum List

Back