Senate democrats' dilemma regarding Gorsuch's nomination

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Senate democrats have a difficult choice to make......

Filibustering Gorsuch's nomination may yield little since repubs. will revert to the nuke option and confirm Gorsuch with just a simple majority rather than the standard 60.

So, many of these democrats who will be facing reelection in tough states like WVA, MO, Indiana, ND, etc. are either going to side with principle, or self-survival.

HOWEVER, there another variable in the above reasoning.

We have seen how truly terrible Trump has "governed" in just 2 weeks in office, and we have ALSO seen how meek and inconsequential republicans in congress have acted since their dominance after the election.

Perhaps in 20 months' time, Trump's approval ratings will be about the same as his glove-size and those senate democrats ......who stuck by their principle that what was done to Garland rates payback to Gursuch..... may be rewarded.

200.gif

• Banned
When right wing morons cannot address a post, they revert to "cartoons' as a way to show their "erudite" capability in avoiding reality.....(kind of cute but childsih...as expected) LOL

When right wing morons cannot address a post, they revert to "cartoons' as a way to show their "erudite" capability in avoiding reality.....(kind of cute but childsih...as expected) LOL
Trying to prove just how much of a fool you are?

the 'cartoon' depicts someone between a rock and a hard place.

Do you need THAT explained?

• Banned

Well, its actually fairly simple for simple minded folks....like you..... to use Homer Simpson to show their "vast understanding" of political issues........LOL

Well, its actually fairly simple for simple minded folks....like you..... to use Homer Simpson to show their "vast understanding" of political issues........LOL

I had numerous examples I could have used, I tried to find one you would understand.

I failed.

The cartoon is fair, nat, even if the poster of it is often not.

It illustrates a difficult position for the Senate Dems.

Forum List

Back