Seriously bicycle license are coming

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Seriously? Bicycle Licenses Are Coming

New York City Mayor, and not so popular Democrat Primary Presidential Candidate, Bill de Blasio wants to require you to have a bicycle license as well as a helmet to legally ride a bike and promises to regulate cyclists with stricter law enforcement.

Like we said your IDIOTS you vote for more taxes, and give up your rights and freedoms OMFG are you morons!!

Safety first...

bsa_early_ab_soldier_riding_trg-450x565.jpg

They should. They travel on the sides of the roads and could cause accidents, and so they should pay for fixing the roads.

Seriously? Bicycle Licenses Are Coming

New York City Mayor, and not so popular Democrat Primary Presidential Candidate, Bill de Blasio wants to require you to have a bicycle license as well as a helmet to legally ride a bike and promises to regulate cyclists with stricter law enforcement.

Like we said your IDIOTS you vote for more taxes, and give up your rights and freedoms OMFG are you morons!!

I was a child LONG LONG ago----in my little town in the sticks (of the tri-state area) bicycles had to have a LICENSE -----way back in medieval times. I had a license----and PROUDLY hand signaled every turn I made. -------I was a good citizen WAY BACK THEN

They should pass a law limiting bicycles to one person. No more high-capacity bicycles. No more of those assault bicycles, either. Why would anyone need the same bicycle used by the military?

And they should be limited to one bicycle per person. Why would anyone need more than one bicycle? And in order to own a bicycle, the prospective purchaser should have to undergo a psychological evaluation by a board-certified government psychologist.

The County Sheriff should also interview the prospective bicycle purchaser's wife/husband/significant other, and at least two persons who know the the purchaser. The the purchase should then be signed off by the County Sheriff after the prospective purchaser undergoes the proper training, qualifies with the bicycle he or she intends to ride, and shows proof that he or she has an insurance policy sufficient enough to cover any deaths or injury the purchaser might cause. Then and only then will the bicycle permit be issued to the owner.

The license to operate the bicycle should be carried on the owner at all times, and must be presented in order to to purchase parts such as chains, tires, and other accessories. There should also be certain areas where the operator is prohibited from operating his or her bicycle, such as within 1,000 feet of a public school zone, a county courthouse, a police department, a mental facility, or any business, residence, or public building where it is otherwise posted.

Those businesses that prohibit the possession of bicycles must post a 5" by 4" sign reading "No Bicycles Allowed." The sign must be posted at every entrance of said building.

There should also be mandatory penalties for breaking the above laws, or for causing death or injury. The penalty for first offense should range from $100-250. Second offense should have a penalty of $250 to $500, plus the loss of license for the period up to and not extending past one year.

Third offense should require a $1,000 forfeiture, a permanent loss of license, and a period of incarceration of not less than 6 months but not more than one year.

Fourth offense or any incident causing death or injury should require a forfeiture of $10,000 and incarceration of not more than 10 years, at the discretion of the judge.

We must do something. If for no other reason, for the children.

Last edited:
I concur with Blasio.....they need to pay their fair share. Plus maybe it will discourage some of the idiots.

Many bicyclists are reckless and don’t know or follow the rules. Anyone riding in midtown Manhattan should wear a helmet. Whether they are smart enough or not

Many bicyclists are reckless and don’t know or follow the rules. Anyone riding in midtown Manhattan should wear a helmet. Whether they are smart enough or not

It's just as bad in Madison, Wisconsin or Austin, Texas. The idiots think they own the road: They don't observe the laws regarding traffic or the signs.

Personally, I hate the damned things. It might have something to do with the fact that I had to ride one for a year, after my last DUI 10 years ago, but I still hate them. I have three of them rusting away in my back yard, which is where they belong.

I don't really know how they could enforce something like that, because not every cyclist that travels through NYC is actually from there.

As far as the bicycle helmets? Personally, I think it is a good idea. Why? Because you are 3 feet off the ground, traveling at 10 mph or greater. Most decent cyclists are able to cruise at the 17 to 25 mph range, and falling 3 feet off of your bike at 10 to 25 mph can cause serious damage to your skull. I have ridden a bicycle since 1986 at the level of a racer, and have had a couple of accidents where if I hadn't been wearing a helmet, I might not be here today.

You know, there are times when I'm riding that I will blow through a stop sign or traffic light, but only if there is zero cross traffic. Why? Because it's actually safer and easier to blow through a stop sign or light that has no traffic, than it is to stop, unclip your shoes from your pedals, put your foot down, wait for the light, and then, clipping your cleat back into the pedal. Sometimes, the cleat can be a bit finnicky and not want to click in right away.

So, what do I do? I stop, do a track stand (keeping the bike upright while stopped), check for traffic, and if there is none, I blow through the sign. If however, when I do my track stand and I see oncoming traffic? I then unclip my cleat and wait for the traffic to clear or the light to change.

The trouble with taxation is that the people who fix taxation on the public built options in to the tax laws and consequently do not pay high taxes as the rest because they exploit the options.

I don't really know how they could enforce something like that, because not every cyclist that travels through NYC is actually from there.

As far as the bicycle helmets? Personally, I think it is a good idea. Why? Because you are 3 feet off the ground, traveling at 10 mph or greater. Most decent cyclists are able to cruise at the 17 to 25 mph range, and falling 3 feet off of your bike at 10 to 25 mph can cause serious damage to your skull. I have ridden a bicycle since 1986 at the level of a racer, and have had a couple of accidents where if I hadn't been wearing a helmet, I might not be here today.

Life is, above all things, a very temporary situation. In the grand scheme of things, a tootsie roll pop has more permanence than a human life.

No matter how many rules we pass, how many things we ban, or how hard we wish it were otherwise, we can't change that.

It should be everyone's own choice how much fun they have going out. Wear a helmet, don't wear a helmet ... personal freedom, y'all.

Life is, above all things, a very temporary situation. In the grand scheme of things, a tootsie roll pop has more permanence than a human life.

No matter how many rules we pass, how many things we ban, or how hard we wish it were otherwise, we can't change that.

It should be everyone's own choice how much fun they have going out. Wear a helmet, don't wear a helmet ... personal freedom, y'all.

Never said that everyone should wear them, I said that personally I think a helmet is a good idea, and then told why.

If you are traveling along at 15 mph or more, and not wearing a helmet, you aren't the brightest crayon in the box.

Forum List

Back