Sessions: Catch and Release policy is OVER

Sessions: 'Catch and Release' Immigration Policy is Over | NumbersUSA

Awesome! At least he is doing the right things,that's something I haven't been disappointed on.
This article is slightly confusing... the title implies that every alien regardless of criminal past will be deported. The article goes on to explain what criminal pasts will result in what punishment. So what exactly is the change in policy?
Maybe this one is better
Justice Dept. to end ‘catch and release’ immigration policy

Attorney General Jeff Sessions declared “a new era” in immigration enforcement on Tuesday, saying his prosecutors will try to bring stiffer criminal charges against repeat illegal immigrants and smugglers as part of President Trump’s crackdown.
Mr. Sessions said his enforcement priorities will end the “catch and release” practices of the Obama administration and give the Justice Department a more active role in stemming illegal immigration.
Prosecutors should prioritize cases against smugglers and should bring felony charges against illegal immigrants who have been removed before and have sneaked back into the U.S. or have other criminal convictions on their records, according to the guidance issued by the attorney general.

As part of a broader plan to reduce backlogs in immigration courts and to speed up the deportation process, the Justice Department will hire 125 more immigration judges over the next two years, the attorney general said.

Awesome! At least he is doing the right things,that's something I haven't been disappointed on.
This article is slightly confusing... the title implies that every alien regardless of criminal past will be deported. The article goes on to explain what criminal pasts will result in what punishment. So what exactly is the change in policy?
Maybe this one is better
sooo .. his policy is the same of obama's with just harsher penalties?

Maybe this one is better
No. obams had a catch and release policy.

Maybe this one is better

Maybe this one is better
But both of these articles indicate there are still priorities in deportations dependent on criminal past... what's the difference?

Sessions/Trump want people to believe they're actually doing something. Idiots buy it.

Maybe this one is better

Sure, his policy will almost be the same as Obama's, except we'll catch them a
Sessions/Trump want people to believe they're actually doing something. Idiots buy it.

And bigger idiots don't.

Maybe this one is better

And bigger idiots don't.
"I know I am but what are you?"
Time for your nap, honey.

Maybe this one is better

And bigger idiots don't.
"I know I am but what are you?"
Time for your nap, honey.

Let me take a wild guess, you're a liberal, the nursery rhyme gave it away....sorry, nursery school saying.

Maybe this one is better

Maybe this one is better
But both of these articles indicate there are still priorities in deportations dependent on criminal past... what's the difference?
125 more immigration judges seems to be the most significant change.

The article isn't very clear.

So someone arrested and charged with being here illegally will be held without bail, charged with a felony, tried, and if convicted go to prison here?

By the hundreds of thousands?

Forum List

Back