🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sharon:"We Control America," Via AIPAC!

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
WASHINGTON (AP) — Immediately after blocking Chuck Hagel's nomination to be secretary of defense, top Republicans took to the Senate floor Thursday to claim that, no, they were not filibustering. They just needed more time.

A filibuster occurs when a minority of the Senate declines to vote to invoke what's called "cloture," which sets a deadline to complete debate on a nomination or bill and forces an up or down vote. It takes 60 votes in the 100-member Senate to obtain cloture.
Filibuster or not? GOP slow-walks Hagel nomination - MyVerizon.com
But to Democrats, the vote to deny cloture on Hagel's nomination was a historic, first-ever successful filibuster of a Cabinet nominee and the first time the party in the Senate's minority had ever even tried the move against a defense secretary nominee.

"If this is not a filibuster, I'd like to see what a filibuster was," an angry Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said.

But Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., shot back that it was Reid who provoked Republicans into the vote by scheduling it too soon. After all, the Armed Services Committee had just approved the nomination two days before and Republicans were still seeking information from Hagel.

"This is a vote by Republicans to say, `We want more than two days after this nomination comes to the floor to carefully consider it because we have questions,'" Alexander said.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Immediately after blocking Chuck Hagel's nomination to be secretary of defense, top Republicans took to the Senate floor Thursday to claim that, no, they were not filibustering. They just needed more time.

A filibuster occurs when a minority of the Senate declines to vote to invoke what's called "cloture," which sets a deadline to complete debate on a nomination or bill and forces an up or down vote. It takes 60 votes in the 100-member Senate to obtain cloture.
Filibuster or not? GOP slow-walks Hagel nomination - MyVerizon.com
But to Democrats, the vote to deny cloture on Hagel's nomination was a historic, first-ever successful filibuster of a Cabinet nominee and the first time the party in the Senate's minority had ever even tried the move against a defense secretary nominee.

"If this is not a filibuster, I'd like to see what a filibuster was," an angry Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said.

But Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., shot back that it was Reid who provoked Republicans into the vote by scheduling it too soon. After all, the Armed Services Committee had just approved the nomination two days before and Republicans were still seeking information from Hagel.

"This is a vote by Republicans to say, `We want more than two days after this nomination comes to the floor to carefully consider it because we have questions,'" Alexander said.
Thats why I donate to AIPAC!

Harry Reid looked like a fool on the floor of the Senate.
He also lied, saying that there would be no Head of Defense, for 10 days and that he hoped we would not need one within the 10 days before it was voted on.
Penetta is still on the job and is going overseas next week.

Why did the Dem's want Hagel to be at the NATO summit in Brussels?
Hagel favors Muslim issues over Israel issues.
Hagel has repeatedly voted against Iran sanctions.

He also lied, saying that there would be no Head of Defense, for 10 days and that he hoped we would not need one within the 10 days before it was voted on.

Peach----I think that Obama and the dems want to engage in
"avoidance"------which is a word I have borrowed from psychiatry---
an 'ego-defense'---consisting of isolating oneself from both conflict and
REALITY. Lately---strange as it is-----ISOLATIONISM has become
popular among people who call themselves "liberal humanitarians"----
I see it as a kind of innovation that has "caught on"
I see it as scary. how are you, peach-----where in cyberspace
have you been-----uhm...... I do not recall seeing you for a really LONG
time -----assuming you are the SAME 'peach'

You are thinking of the other peach.
She did 2 posts on Feb. 2nd of this year.
She has not been really active since Oct. of 2012.

Last edited:

Its always hilarious seeing that you borrowed just one word from Psychiatry, I thought you swallowed the whole volume with your 300 pills you take daily...the Jews I know are not right wing whack jobs like you Rose, the vast majority of Jews voted for those "liberal humanitarians," you speak about...Israel is not for normal Jews, it is for Religious whack jobs who need a purpose in life like you.

Its always hilarious seeing that you borrowed just one word from Psychiatry, I thought you swallowed the whole volume with your 300 pills you take daily...the Jews I know are not right wing whack jobs like you Rose, the vast majority of Jews voted for those "liberal humanitarians," you speak about...Israel is not for normal Jews, it is for Religious whack jobs who need a purpose in life like you.

wow...300 pills/day. i mean, i thought she was bad off, but that is really, really bad.

rose, you should see about gettin' put on a drip or something.

Blah Blah bleh BLah.... Why do you always resort to personal insults?? Are you 9 years old??

Too much for you PEEBALLS? Most people with a BA level education understand
the concept of "EGO DEFENSE MECHANISMS" Virtually ALL jews are liberal humanitarians as AM I. Some people who so style themselves to not understand
the CONCEPT. I have never voted "republican" in my life see? you don't know---but somehow you "KNOW" that I take 300 pills per day------you are so confused

There is no question-----the right wing concept of ISOLATIONISM has caught on
amongst many people who IMAGINE they are liberal humanitarians. ----idiots like YOU
Israel is very normal for jews and for Liberal humanitarians it not for nazi pigs like you

Blah Blah bleh BLah.... Why do you always resort to personal insults?? Are you 9 years old??

Really funny hearing this from Herr Hilarious Drivel...How many times has Rose used terms like: Rapist Pig of Islam ad nauseam? Or calling people Nazi? Or you insulting on a personal level...

Honest, some of You are chauvinistic champions of religious malarkey so that you can disenfranchise an un-armed population...all in the name of some ancient religious claims.

Israel is an Historic Anachronism.

But, Phillip, don't you think others think it hilarious that you have for years posted the fake Sharon quote. No doubt in the viewers' minds who have seen you in action on a previous forum think, "Oh, it's just Pbel again with his usual nonsense." Now be sure to remember to take your pills, Phillip.

But, Phillip, don't you think others think it hilarious that you have for years posted the fake Sharon quote. No doubt in the viewers' minds who have seen you in action on a previous forum think, "Oh, it's just Pbel again with his usual nonsense." Now be sure to remember to take your pills, Phillip.

Why are you Zionists so afraid to admit the obvious...the Hagel nomination derailment was a result of AIPAC the Israeli Lobby? Sharon was overheard or not the fact is that its true, as true as those words uttered or not...This Countrie's Politicians have been corrupted for $$$$money.

Why are you Zionists so afraid to admit the obvious...the Hagel nomination derailment was a result of AIPAC the Israeli Lobby? Sharon was overheard or not the fact is that its true, as true as those words uttered or not...This Countrie's Politicians have been corrupted for $$$$money.
What are you so afraid up that you had to keep telling that fake Sharon lie (regardless if in your opinion you think it is true) even though you were told many times that it was fake. People on the other forum realized very quickly that you really had no interest in the Middle East, and I am sure many viewers realize here that you don't really care about the Arabs so I hope you don't think you are fooling many of us. So, Phillip, why not give us a list of all the lobbies here in America where the politicians have their hands out. Surely you can come up with many others (many much larger) besides AIPAC. If you are so against lobbies, why not start a grassroot effort to stop all lobbies?

Why are you Zionists so afraid to admit the obvious...the Hagel nomination derailment was a result of AIPAC the Israeli Lobby? Sharon was overheard or not the fact is that its true, as true as those words uttered or not...This Country's Politicians have been corrupted for $$$$money.
What are you so afraid up that you had to keep telling that fake Sharon lie (regardless if in your opinion you think it is true) even though you were told many times that it was fake. People on the other forum realized very quickly that you really had no interest in the Middle East, and I am sure many viewers realize here that you don't really care about the Arabs so I hope you don't think you are fooling many of us. So, Phillip, why not give us a list of all the lobbies here in America where the politicians have their hands out. Surely you can come up with many others (many much larger) besides AIPAC. If you are so against lobbies, why not start a grassroot effort to stop all lobbies?

Keep groveling Goober, you're doing a fine job...But here's a little scoop on the foreign power Israeli Lobby:
So, just how powerful is the Israel lobby in the US? - Comment - Voices - The Independent
Power lies in the perception of power, and the Israel lobby, led by Aipac, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, is perceived to have a heck of a lot of it. Fall foul of the Israel lobby, with its financial muscle and ability to put the word out, and, it is said, your political career may be doomed. That, presumably, was what Hagel was getting at when he spoke of people in Congress being "intimidated".

Exhibit A in this argument is Chuck Percy, the three-term Republican Senator from Illinois said to have been defeated in 1984 as a result of an Aipac-led campaign against him. Percy's offence, according to a committee official at the time, was to have shown "insensitivity and even hostility to our concerns". Also mentioned is George Bush Snr's failed 1992 re-election campaign, to which his short-lived block on loan guarantees to Israel while it continued to expand settlements may have contributed.

ok peeballs-----so many people have respect for the opinion of AIPAC---that AIPAC's comments are taken seriously-----
now tell us about all the BRIBERY and all the dead bodies
dredged out of the rivers as a result of AIPAC actions. You
have alluded to BOTH incessantly but have failed
to provide a scintilla of evidence of either

You have a figure on the COST of keeping HAGEL out of
office -----how many BILLIONS went in bribes and from
whence came the money and to whom did it go?
How many murdered?

ok peeballs-----so many people have respect for the opinion of AIPAC---that AIPAC's comments are taken seriously-----
now tell us about all the BRIBERY and all the dead bodies
dredged out of the rivers as a result of AIPAC actions. You
have alluded to BOTH incessantly but have failed
to provide a scintilla of evidence of either

You have a figure on the COST of keeping HAGEL out of
office -----how many BILLIONS went in bribes and from
whence came the money and to whom did it go?
How many murdered?
Phillip is funny, isn't he? He has been telling us all about AIPAC over the years, and now he wants us to accept someone's comment about it, which is just someone's opinion. Meanwhile, of course, he probably doesn't even care about the many powerful lobbies in our country because his needle is stuck on AIPAC as if AIPAC were a big evil thing. I am sure you remember his constant quoting of that fake Sharon quote like a little Goebbels thinking that if he keeps on posting that fake quote all the readers would believe that it was actually made when it wasn't.

It remind me of a joke about an European Jew meating another Jew in the train, sees him reading an AntiSemitic paper, asks him "Why you read that trash, it says nothing but lies about us?" and the other Jew laughes ans says, "What do we read in the Jewish papers? Poverty, terror attacks, danger in Israel, Jews being attacked and hated. And what do I read here? All Jews are rich, they have all the good jobs, they control America and they always make sure their wills are granted! I came to the conclusion that THIS paper is SO MUCH MORE CHEERY!"

Forum List

Back