🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Shock Case: Woman forced to stop praying in her home

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Shock Case: Woman Forced to Stop Praying in Her Home

(By Kelly McDonald, Jr) What if someone asked you to stop praying in your home? In Louisberg, Kansas, a current court case will have huge implications. Mary Sause was in her home on the night of November 22, 2013. Suddenly, she heard someone knock on the door and demand that it be opened. Cautiously, she opened the door to find that two police officers were standing on her door step.

------------------------------------------------------------

Well start stripping away freedoms because too many dumb asses get offended soon there will be no freedom. Many leftist mental cases cant seem to figure it out.

(By Kelly McDonald, Jr) What if someone asked you to stop praying in your home? In Louisberg, Kansas, a current court case will have huge implications. Mary Sause was in her home on the night of November 22, 2013. Suddenly, she heard someone knock on the door and demand that it be opened. Cautiously, she opened the door to find that two police officers were standing on her door step.

Well start stripping away freedoms because too many dumb asses get offended soon there will be no freedom. Many leftist mental cases cant seem to figure it out.
You didnt finish the story. What gives?

Have to click the link to read the rest.

The woman was playing her radio too loudly.

The police told her to turn it down. She held up a pocket copy of the Constitution, went in to a room to pray the devil way (the police), and failed to comply with police instructions to quit disturbing the neighborhood.

The lady was and is an idiot, imo.

Police didn't come to her house to stop her from praying, they came because of a complaint about her radio. The police shouldn't be expected to stand around while she prays, bakes a cake or replaces her car's brake pads.

Edit: I should have read Jake's post before responding. He nailed it.

Last edited:

Dear MindWars
This reminds me of some similar cases

1. One in my home district, where neighbors complained about loud gospel singing. When, duh, they are living in a national historic district of 8-10 Black Southern Churches!

However, if there are valid NOISE ORDINANCES then homeowners/civic associations are empowered to enforce these and take action up with fellow members/residents in that neighborhood who AGREED to be under those policies in order to LIVE in that neighborhood. This becomes an "internal policy," more like how Boy Scouts or Girls Scouts enforce rules for their members. If it gets oppressive or abusive, I recommend CONFLICT RESOLUTION to establish a CONSENSUS agreement so nobody is seen as oppressing anyone else, but all members interests are treated and protected EQUALLY within that policy/organization.

2. There was a long expensive lawsuit where an atheist sued to remove a huge cross from public property that attracted huge crowds as one of the reasons for the complaint, that this was imposing on him as a resident nearby.

In that case or a similar one (there are quite a few!), the long drawn out battle was finally resolved by SELLING the land to a nonprofit group to preserve the cross where it was no longer on public property.

3. I also have a friend living in a subdivision where a local church CHANGED the sign ordinance to allow them to construct a 700 foot cross that 300 property owners rejected and signed petitions to STOP, by ENFORCING and keeping the previous limit on signs. But the church membership OVERRODE the interests and consent of those 300 property owners. My friend complains to this day that it imposes. That he can no longer enjoy a clear unobstructed view of the sky and natural skyline, but has to see a symbol of being PREACHED AT by a religion he believes is problematic, hypocritical, abusive and exclusive/discriminatory.

I think BOTH interpretations of Christianity should be equally protected, and not impose one over the other.

However, to bring this up effectively, I recommend comparing it to how LGBT BELIEFS are treated by govt.

So I would petition people to treat these the same as BELIEFS:
* beliefs for or against Christianity and other beliefs (whether religious political or secular BELIEFS) including atheism, Islam or even Constitutionalism
* beliefs for or against LGBT and other creeds, practices or expressions that are subjective and faith based

It's amazing to me when people can't admit their own biases, and see they are treating their OWN beliefs preferentially compared with how they treat OTHERS!!

Homeowners Associations can be pretty crazy. The la-te-da neighborhood my folks live in has all kinds of stupid rules my father has to deal with as he's on the board; like you're not allowed to park in your driveway and if your home/yard don't "look good" the HOA can vote to have the situation rectified and send you the bill for it. Also not allowed to rent your home out, leave your trashcans out for more than 3 hours past pick up, nor have more than 20% of your yard be lawn. Father was having a rough time because one of them had installed fake grass over their entire front yard the other neighbors were complaining even though it was fake and didn't require water (which was the point of the ordinance in the first place) but apparently now they feel the green is "too shocking" and "disruptive" ... they live on a golf course LOL

No there is no more to this story than the lady has to follow the laws and not disturb her neighborhood.

This case has gone into the court room with no mention of a loud radio. Who knows if this woman even owns a radio.

The issue is whether the First Amendment is limited to permitting an individual to choose a religion only.

Forum List

Back