Should Americans, Victims of Terrorism, Be Allowed To Sue Gulf States? Saudi say 'NO!'

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Should Americans be able to sue other governments? Gulf states say no.
"A bill that would permit exactly that, intended to allow Sept. 11 victims' families to sue Saudi Arabia, has passed through Congress. It was condemned Monday by the Gulf Cooperation Council."

So the nations that are proven to be supporting / financing terrorists criticized the US for introducing a piece of legislation that would allow victims' families hold these nations accountable financially. Should THEIR GCC have the authority to prevent this law from passing?

"The Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act, passed by the Senate in May and the House on Friday, was originally conceived amid speculation that some Saudi officials had connections to attackers who had a hand in the attacks of 2001, which took the lives of almost 3,000. If made into law, JASTA would allow Americans to sue foreign governments suspected of ties to terror attacks on US soil. Yet President Barack Obama has long said he would veto the legislation, citing concerns that it could usher in a torrent of similar claims from abroad against the US government."

Barry makes an excellent point here. Over 160 innocent people have been killed by his personal 'Drone Assassination Program'. Over 500 people, to include 4 Americans, were murdered as a result of his disastrous 'Fast-and-Furious' run-running deal in which he provided thousands of automatic weapons and grenades to Mexican Drug Cartels. If Americans are allowed to sue other nations for terrorist attacks then other nations may in turn sue the US for killing their innocents.

What to do, what to do....Barry seems to be advocating not holding anyone accountable. (Surprise, surprise...)

Should Americans be able to sue other governments? Gulf states say no.

You want to open that Pandora's box ? You thibk the U.S. should be sued every time we drone some terrorists into powder ?

You want to open that Pandora's box ? You thibk the U.S. should be sued every time we drone some terrorists into powder ?
I did not say that - read it again carefully!

I just pointed out that BARRY thinks that may happen if the US passes this legislation giving Americans the right to sue Saudi. I even gave Barry PROPS for bringing this thought up.

(OH, and it's not every time we drone some TERRORIST into powder, it's every time we accidently drone innocent people into powder when we strike / attempt to strike the terrorist. WE might understand the concept of 'WE thought it was worth it killing those 4 innocent people in order to take down this guy', but I am pretty sure the innocent victims' family would not agree.)

I did not say that - read it again carefully!

I just pointed out that BARRY thinks that may happen if the US passes this legislation giving Americans the right to sue Saudi. I even gave Barry PROPS for bringing this thought up.

(OH, and it's not every time we drone some TERRORIST into powder, it's every time we accidently drone innocent people into powder when we strike / attempt to strike the terrorist. WE might understand the concept of 'WE thought it was worth it killing those 4 innocent people in order to take down this guy', but I am pretty sure the innocent victims' family would not agree.)

Rarely to we have some clear shot at terrorists .

911 happened 7 years before obama was elected . Why is this falling on him ?

Forum List

Back